An idea I had for a team game type

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• An idea I had for a team game type

Basically the game would go like this: there are two teams,each with 3 coalitions. Two of the coalitions on each team are "support coalitions" and the other one is a "main coalition". The support coalitions, individually, have fewer members than the main coalitions, but altogether, there are more of them on each team.

The difference between support and main coalitions: main coalition members cannot attack or be attacked by enemy team members until day 20. Support coalition members, while allowed to attack and be attacked by enemy support coalition members, cannot attack AI nations, and cannot be completely destroyed until day thirty. (If one is down to one territory, then they are required to surrender and pay the attacker/s up to 10,000 resources, including money. If they don't have it, then they pay it when they do).

The reasoning behind this: the whole point of this game mode is to create a climactic end game war in which every nation is hammering at each other and only one side will emerge victorious. There for, the game needs to last long enough for people to build up and prepare. However, while the main coalition members are building up in safety, they have to be able to expand. SO, they get exclusive rights to the AIs.

I'm going to try and start one of these games pretty soon, post in the comments if you would like to join or have any questions/suggestions.