Show/Hide Troops

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Show/Hide Troops

I am presently playing in a game that has 2 Coalitions fighting each other. In the course of combat my troops have been running all over the world on their way to various hot spots. Well slightly embarrassed to mention that because of the sheer amount of troops in play from my allies and enemies I had misplaced a group of troops moving across friendly territory. It took 10 minutes of myself and allies scouring the map to find where they were last. :wallbash Keep in mind there are thousands of troops at play in this game.

So what I would like if possible would be a button that toggles troops on the map.

Click once only shows your troops
      Click twice shows only Allies and so forth

I Dont know how hard this would be to implement, but If not hard would be nice to have.

Edit - I Meant to add the button exists already to hide units so would just need to add the extra toggle

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."Friedrich Nietzsche

The post was edited 1 time, last by Armatus ().

• I think it's a good idea. It'll especially help late game.
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • Armatus wrote:

I am presently playing in a game that has 2 Coalitions fighting each other. In the course of combat my troops have been running all over the world on their way to various hot spots. Well slightly embarrassed to mention that because of the sheer amount of troops in play from my allies and enemies I had misplaced a group of troops moving across friendly territory. It took 10 minutes of myself and allies scouring the map to find where they were last. :wallbash Keep in mind there are thousands of troops at play in this game.

So what I would like if possible would be a button that toggles troops on the map.

Click once only shows your troops
      Click twice shows only Allies and so forth

I Dont know how hard this would be to implement, but If not hard would be nice to have.

Edit - I Meant to add the button exists already to hide units so would just need to add the extra toggle
      A very good idea, in my opinion. I would certainly enjoy this and it would make World Maps soooo much easier.
      It's been a while
    • This article did not receive much love or views so apparently it quickly was pushed down the list and not seen by most, or most don't care about it, but since there was not a lot of views I decided to see if it could get more traction as I really want this feature implemented.

In short...bump^

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."Friedrich Nietzsche
    • Yes, I too have temporarily lost track of units, and have had trouble locating them even when I knew the general area where they should be. Given the large geographic areas, small icons, and often overlapping game graphics, it's really not hard to "lose" units especially when there are a large number of icons in a relatively small area. And, yes, there should be a feature that lists all active units by location, and given the other utilities already in place within the game, it's quite surprising that such a feature does not already exist.