in-game ads??

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• in-game ads??

So I was playing today and an in-game ad popped up to the right. It changed the size of the window, making it difficult for me to zoom and see, not to mention, I didn't benefit from it at all. Ive been playing for about a month now, and its the first time its happened.

This is <b>really awful</b> and I <b>hate everything about this<b/>. I hate it so much, I <b>bold</b> my text to <b>emphasize</b> how problematic this is, and I even made a forum account to make this post and hopefully catch the attention of the devs, because this is downright awful.

The game already has ads on the home screen, where games are selected and such. The game gives the player a choice to watch ads in promise of benefit. Now there are ads that pop up and pretty much break the game. I don't want ads that don't break the game, I just want ads to not be there, like it had been.

picture of intrusive ad included.
    • StrategyScientist wrote:

So I was playing today and an in-game ad popped up to the right. It changed the size of the window, making it difficult for me to zoom and see, not to mention, I didn't benefit from it at all. Ive been playing for about a month now, and its the first time its happened.

This is <b>really awful</b> and I <b>hate everything about this<b/>. I hate it so much, I <b>bold</b> my text to <b>emphasize</b> how problematic this is, and I even made a forum account to make this post and hopefully catch the attention of the devs, because this is downright awful.

The game already has ads on the home screen, where games are selected and such. The game gives the player a choice to watch ads in promise of benefit. Now there are ads that pop up and pretty much break the game. I don't want ads that don't break the game, I just want ads to not be there, like it had been.

picture of intrusive ad included.

The adverts are annoying. But without them, Bytro Labs can not function. I know they're annoying, I have been frustrated with them time and again myself. But look at it this way:

• Ads create revenue.
      • Revenue funds Bytro Labs.
      • Bytro Labs produces the games we love.
      • We play the games, and the ads we see create revenue.
      It has to be here, unless you either want to pay for mandatory High Command to play the game– or you just don't want a game at all.

And the tags- really? Conservative propaganda?
      It's been a while
    • $6/mo. for High Command is well worth it if you intend on playing the game for any length of time. It's worth it just for the ability to queue things up imo.. but it will also remove the adds for you and give you some other cool features.
      "It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time of action is past." - Karl Von Clausewitz

• Ads are not the problem just because they exist. Problem is that when they appear, they change the windows height (because ad has more height that game window on some screen resolutions), make it scrollable, so if you try to zoom in or out on the map, you zoom the whole window and lose the upper part of the game. So, you have to close the ad if you don't want to keep scrolling all the time.

Problem is that game is not desinged well for laptop resolutions (1366X768) and maybe some other resolutions. Screenshot attached.
      Images
      • Untitled.jpg

444.02 kB, 1,365×1,288, viewed 38 times
    • Paramunac wrote:

Ads are not the problem just because they exist. Problem is that when they appear, they change the windows height (because ad has more height that game window on some screen resolutions), make it scrollable, so if you try to zoom in or out on the map, you zoom the whole window and lose the upper part of the game. So, you have to close the ad if you don't want to keep scrolling all the time.

Problem is that game is not desinged well for laptop resolutions (1366X768) and maybe some other resolutions. Screenshot attached.
      You can just close the ad again in the little box on the top.
      It's been a while
    • purplepizza117 wrote:

You can just close the ad again in the little box on the top.
      Of course. But if you are doing something or trying to click on something and it appears and messes up with your screen, you have to scroll up again and close it twice. It is an annoyance. Hopefully, devs might sometimes decide to fix it, at least for more common screen resolutions, but they probably won't.