Your Favourite Military Commander

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AGAIN WERE GOING OUT OF TOPIC.
      Since I got your attention, we're going waaaaaaay off topic, if you want to discuss what your talking plese make a new thread, I'm getting a lot of notifications and most are out of place.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • We might be in the off-topic part of the forum, but the thread is a topic of its own.
      And Hitler is the worst commander in the history of mankind, he was a soldier and a leader, but his ambitions clouded his overall stratigicaly ability and ignoring the more better advice of his generals. He was fighting a war for himself not a war for Germany.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • Stonewall Jackson takes the cake. His Valley Campaign is the stuff of legend!!

To quote Wikipedia "In a classic military campaign of surprise and maneuver, he pressed his army to travel 646 miles (1,040 km) in 48 days of marching and won five significant victories with a force of about 17,000 against a combined force of over 50,000."

The key was always engaging when he was the superior force at the point of contact! "Always outnumbered seven to three, every time Jackson engaged he fought with the odds of about four to three in his favor—because, moving rapidly on interior lines, he hit fractions of his enemy with the bulk of his own command."
      Images
      • Stonewall_Jackson.jpg

969.03 kB, 1,207×1,750, viewed 189 times
    • Bernard Montgomery

During the Second World War he commanded the British Eighth Army from August 1942 in the Western Desert until the final Allied victory in Tunisia. He was in command of all Allied ground forces during Operation Overlord from the initial landings until after the Battle of Normandy. He then continued in command of the 21st Army Group for the rest of the campaign in North West Europe. He brought down the desert fox, (Rommel, who is my fav commander but someone beat me to it)
      Images
      • bernardmontgomery.jpg

50.33 kB, 450×421, viewed 173 times

Forum Gang Divine Entity :00000156:

Taking over the Forum 1 post at a time.
    • How could we forget the master of the sea, Lord Nelson? Suicidal bastard of course, but his tactics employed at the Nile and Trafalgar put an end to the stagnation of naval combat under the linear formations and passiveness that had been going on since man o' wars first set sail, as well as eradicating the only hopes Napoleon had at setting one foot on the British Isles by employing a melee and obliterating the Franco-Spanish fleet. His effort is what kept the Commonwealth untouchable even to the most prominent of history's leaders.
      "A knight cannot save the world. They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield."

"Honor? Glory? There's no point in speaking to a killer who indulges in such nonsense."

"It's a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated"
    • Patton, he knew how to motivate soldiers, even in a bad situation. He's epic!

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

"I don't give a damn who the man is. He can be a nigger or a Jew, but if he has the stuff and does his duty, he can have anything I've got. By God! I love him."

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads on our tanks."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, beacause I won't"

-By George S. Patton
      :00008356:

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't"
      -George S. Patton

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"
      - Albert Einstein

• FilipALFA wrote:

atton, he knew how to motivate soldiers, even in a bad situation. He's epic!

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

"I don't give a damn who the man is. He can be a nigger or a Jew, but if he has the stuff and does his duty, he can have anything I've got. By God! I love him."

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads on our tanks."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, beacause I won't"
      Copycat!!!!
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

Copycat!!!!
      Dude I remember last year after I told you that McArthur was my favourite general, you told me to check out Patton's quotes and what he did and Patton was just so inspirational.

-George S. Patton

- Albert Einstein

• No, you convinced me to. I quote, "Dude, MOntgomery is bad (completely unaccebtable,but a joke) check out Patton he is epic, you have to like him". And so I did.

-George S. Patton

- Albert Einstein

• You can't say that. In the officer traning he scored one of the highest marks that little Generals could achive. He was a good tactician, but a rushed one.

-George S. Patton

- Albert Einstein

• Montgomery was completely overrated. Anybody could have won at El Alamein. Rommel had less tanks, less weaponry, barely any fuel for his tanks, and it was still a close one. Only American Shermans, sheer numbers, and intel and sabotage by the LRDG saved the day (Go on Filip, do some research about the LRDG). He was a poor strategist, later demonstrated at Arnhem, Operation Market Garden, which was his fault. Do some research about that too, Filip.
      The past is a foreign country.