Having a "Join Group" button. So the game acutally can work

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Having a "Join Group" button. So the game acutally can work

Would you like the game more with the described addition in the article? 5

The result is only visible to the participants.

I just stop playing because I dealt with this problem. I was under a semi-surprise attack from Ukraine while I was Turkey.I couldn't get enough forces to stop it there before he arrived. However I had, numbers wise, strong enough reinforcements that would arrive during conflict. He was using some 12 infantry and 2 anti-air against my lowly 5 infantry and a damaged armored van. The terrain was plain though giving the armored van a 50% bonus. And, I did have three more infantry on route and an additional armored van and tank on the way. He had stacked his whole 12 units in one group so his SBDE was around 80%. which was my only advantage. I had to go take care of other things before the battle started so I did not get to see the first few hours of conflict.

I did however, get back in time to see how my reinforcing tank and armored van would do. I was down to 1 infantry and the armored van still. stuck at about 60% (maybe less) moral. He still had 8 infantry and 1 anti-air at around 90% moral. Thankfully though my reinforcing armored van was about to arrive so I thought I might be able to turn the battle. The day had changed so I could also send an additional infantry that was occupying new territory. I thought I might actually win based on the attack/defense advantage once my tank finally would arrive with the 1 infantry an hour later. Since it was a plain the second armored van should have done some damage before the tank arrived.

Sadly, I watched as my Armored van reached the city and then dropped to 40% moral while the other van I assumed got destroyed at the same time. 100%moral all the way to 40% for basically just showing up. That doesn't really happen with any reinforcement in any type of game. I was so distraught I stopped really trying as hard. I did watch as the tank arrived though. It dropped down to about 40% too though I do not remember well. By the time he won I had knocked him down to about 5 Infantry and 1 anti-air still. Though if the game let that Armored van "attack" two times, which would have been its value in moral. after moral gets shared with the joining of the group. Instead of it just dying pointlessly in the first "attack" after arrival. If it was allowed its value I probably could have won once my tank reinforcements arrived. Again this was on plains so those units should have had an advantage against them. Since infantry doesn't get much strength against attacking armored and armored gets a bonus.

That's when I realized how unreliable it is to join groups of units together at any time in the game. I even had a unit reach a city, of mine, that was in conflict. And instead of joining the defending group it just sat there and died after a Attack turn. The inconsistency in game play of sending aiding units is so bad I actually think the chances are better to send all reinforcements to the next city and just attack whats left of your enemy after losing the first battle. Which defies any reasons to ever have reinforcements of any kind. But at the same time. A smart general spaces his forces out among a wide area of "likely attack points". So that if attacked there is a good response time. ?(

So I thought why not make a button called "Join" that could be the sort of antithesis to the "Split" button of the unit group. So that there could be a regulated means of administering reinforcements in groups so the numbers game isn't fully manipulated. And also provides a seamless way of grouping units together instead of trying to get both groups of units in the exact same perfect spot so they merge. For instance, If you have infantry already advancing on a city and you also have armored cars on the was that will be moving faster. Instead of eventually stopping all game play to click both units back and forth till they merge. Why not click the armored van group. Click "join" then click or drag to the Advancing Infantry. And once the armored vans catch up to the Infantry they immediately conform the the current orders the infantry already had. Meaning that the joining group then follows the orders of the group they are joining. There is no delay. And with it, it becomes possible to almost effectively plan entire invasions at one time. As well as provide a sound point basis for reinforcements.

Thank you for hearing out my ridiculously long rant. That was just my thoughts about the game. Everything about this game is amazing except for a few under thought out moments like this one. Any one else have any thoughts or ideas that could work with reinforcement problems and group merging problems?