Spectator mode?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Spectator mode?

So, someone I was talking to in chat suggested something that I think sounds like a good feature. What if you could spectate a match? Wouldn't it be exciting if you could watch a war play out? Sure,games can take quite a long time, but you could easily check until something exciting happens. You would have a full view of the map, and see where armies move.

Pros: Let players that joined a game late watch how a game turns out, simple enjoyment.

Cons: Could possibly be used by multi-accounters to cheat, Could possibly be a hassle to implement

Final thoughts: This is just a thought of a feature that could be fun, but may have some bad effects.

Someone tell me how hard it would be to add a feature like this, and if you think it practical or just plain dumb.
    • I like this idea, sort of what you can do in Hearts of Iron. I would enjoy watching a world map play out without having to worry about my welfare.

Martiellmo wrote:

Cons: Could possibly be used by multi-accounters to cheat, Could possibly be a hassle to implement
      Yeah, well. Really anything can be used by multi-accounters to cheat, we will just have to rely on staff to catch multi-accounters like they already do. I have learned that, and said cheaters will to, that success in one match is not equivalent to playing the whole game.
      It's been a while
    • Spectator mode sounds like great way to kill the game. Why not remove all fog of war completely so you don't have to bother having to spectate your enemy in other window?

However, possibility to fast forward the game without fog of war after the game is finished might not be so terrible idea, I am not sure about that.
    • purplepizza117 wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

You can see how a friend is in doing on a map. Unless you wanted to cheat, of course.
      You could see how a friend is doing on a map anyway if you ask them to show you. LOL.
      This is easier and you can do it yourself, multiple times, whenever you like, without asking. LOL.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

This is easier and you can do it yourself, multiple times, whenever you like, without asking. LOL.
      That is true. But I think just watching provinces change hands, even if you can check multiple times and whatnot, would be excruciatingly boring most of the time. If you really want to watch provinces change hands just go on a World Map match and not play your country... Spectator mode should be something different.
      It's been a while
    • purplepizza117 wrote:

That is true. But I think just watching provinces change hands, even if you can check multiple times and whatnot, would be excruciatingly boring most of the time
      It is what they do in S1914.

purplepizza117 wrote:

If you really want to watch provinces change hands just go on a World Map match and not play your country...
      Are you trying to increase inactivity?

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• purplepizza117 wrote:

If you really want to watch provinces change hands, just go on a World Map match and not play your country. Am I advising it? No.
      You're encouraging it, and what if I want to watch, say, the PL league, day-by-day, but cannot participate?

• It would be an interesting update.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

You're encouraging it, and what if I want to watch, say, the PL league, day-by-day, but cannot participate?
      What I am saying is that spectator mode should be different from just not playing your country and watching the provinces change hands. Please actually listen to what I am saying for if you do not I'll– I'll– I'll tell my mommy! ;(
      It's been a while
    • purplepizza117 wrote:

What I am saying is that spectator mode should be different from just not playing your country and watching the provinces change hands. Please actually listen to what I am saying for if you do not I'll– I'll– I'll tell my mommy!
      I'm listening, and I'm telling you that I don't agree with what you want. Maybe you should listen.

• Spectator mode in S1914:

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

• purplepizza117 wrote:

. If I am not mistaken it doesn't show you the armies either.
      Exactly, only the map.

• Would be cool to just see where the battles are on the map. So then you would only see the map and where and active units are fighting so you could watch the battles. Would be especially cool on the 50 and 100 player maps.
      "It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time of action is past." - Karl Von Clausewitz