Why the non-core provinces does so low production?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why the non-core provinces does so low production?

Man, i´m playing as a morocco and i cannot conquer my neighbours cause i have a great deficit of food at the begining, i was thinking that conquerir the provinces with food can raise my production but this -75% of that are killing me, even with all the factories level 5 i cannot get suficient resources to face the daily consumption of the new conquered provinces.
      So what i should do now? new provinces makes me more food deficit and when i conquer more enemies i´ll have more problems with the supplies maybe. There is any form to make this non-core provinces, pull out that monstruosity of -75% production?
      Maybe less soldiers? the nations that starts with a great food productions provinces are so lucky then and make a unbalanced games, right?

It´s my opinion, i dunno if anybody else complain about that, but for morocco, is ungovernable at long term.
    • Hello, and welcome to CoW.

How many Barracks do you have? Click on any that are un-needed to disable, as they consume food.
      Have you tried trading?

All non-core provinces have -75% permanently in game. And, no, there is no way to alter it.

Also, the provinces have a population and the population consumes food - it will show you your total amount sent to populations when you scroll over Wheat at the top of your screen.
    • Thanks for the welcome ^^

The barracs are disabled and i have only in my first territories, but this problem will be increase when i take more provinces, the daily consumption will increase and the food production will no longer resist that, if the conquered provinces would be useful, maybe i can handle with this problems and the game would be more balanced i think.

It isn´t a problems with the revolts, is the same behaviour as supremacy 1914, my first problem is the production.

Thank you everyone.
    • You should also consider your army composition and resource production. Some units use more food than others (militia come to mind immediately), and leaving your grain production provinces under-utilised will also have an effect on your economy
      Kalantigos
      Master Chief Petty Officer.
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • Maybe the optimal tactics is to go for foreign producing provinces and do surgical takeover. And not to go taking the whole Country.

Wipe their army / make their females happy of course in that pass :saint:

Btw, what happens to a Country that has serious deficits of say Food?
      They rebel in some way? All gets reddish?
    • Casual Player wrote:

Maybe the optimal tactics is to go for foreign producing provinces and do surgical takeover. And not to go taking the whole Country.

Wipe their army / make their females happy of course in that pass :saint:

Btw, what happens to a Country that has serious deficits of say Food?
      They rebel in some way? All gets reddish?
      If a country has no food, the all barrack buildings will begin to break down, you'll be unable to keep an army (so maybe a morale loss)

If you have no oil, buildings like Naval Yards start breaking
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • You need to conquer province with the needed resourse like oil and grain even goods, if your low on grain build tanks, if oil then build infantry.

Planning your economy is key for a long military campaigns, every country is balance but some have more of something than others, which will effect the grand startegy of a country. Example in 10 player map US and Sweden have low grain, US and Sweden can find ways to either improve their grain production or pospone it going red by buy and sell.

Getting a large effective economy is half the war.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • chico_percebe wrote:

Thanks for the welcome ^^

The barracs are disabled and i have only in my first territories, but this problem will be increase when i take more provinces, the daily consumption will increase and the food production will no longer resist that, if the conquered provinces would be useful, maybe i can handle with this problems and the game would be more balanced i think.
      Echoing the thoughts of everyone, this game is still a strategy game.

I suggest re-thinking the way you've planned this game, infrastructure choices you made, places you could have built in but instead built somewhere else.

Given the time to make units, again echoing everyone, and the time to build - you need to stay proactive about understanding not just what you need strategically but what you can reasonably produce. Getting the two to line up is a large portion of this game.

Also, friendships in this game and the reliable, consistent trading they bring cannot be overstated. Get to know your allies, you can work together to make 1+1=3.
    • My thirty-three rubles; as has been said, eco and friendships are key. The game isn't balanced to be won by a 'lone wolf' (and cub ;p ) type of player although it is often done, it is a real uP HIll struggle.

In my first round, without thinking(or reading the tool-tips!!) I plunked down all sorts of buildings where they proved to be nothing but resource sinks. I adjusted my actions and browsed the forum and began to find out the rules. There is a steep learning curve but ever so worth it to enjoy the (potential) dynamics of this game.

While it is ever so tempting to spam as many units as you can from the word GO!!! if they don't have the foundation to support them they will be for naught. I have played as France, Germany and the mighty union of soviets and found each to demand a different approach in military, economy and diplomacy. I am looking forward to trying the new map and a new nation.

A short term fix for you Chico is to buy as much grain as you can manage even if it means you have to slow other things down and run in the red until you capture those key provinces or make a good trading partner.