Bunkers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I am suggesting that bunkers be added to the game. They would be a building you could build inside the city. It maybe could require a level one fort minimum to start. The bunker would half/lower the amount of damage done by incoming rockets. This would prevent a portion of level 1 rocket spamming. Bunkers were used in multiple theaters/zones of war in world war one. They weren't even all all considered experimental so no researching tech needed. The price could be a little higher and/or require rare goods. They were used by multiple sides of the war.
    • Two quick issues I have with your bunker suggestion:
      - Fortifications already count as the summation of all defensive structures, incorporating bunkers into a larger defensive formation.
      - Rockets are one of the few ways to cause strategic damage quickly, in return for costing a lot of rare materials. Most people find it difficult to build large arsenals of rockets (Ais excepted), so a building built solely to deter rocket attacks seems a little out of place, especially since the Level 1 rocket can be intercepted.
      Kalantigos
      Master Chief Petty Officer.
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • Just thinking out loud, but what if we we're able to build bunkers on roads, to stop down enemy advance. It would require an infantry unit to operate, and would be able to resist even if the province it was was captured. It would be the equivalent of a fortress level 4/5.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • It doesn't. Beach defenses would mean a longer disembark time for enemies simulating sea walls etc. as well as giving units fighting disembarking units a defensive boost. Checkpoints and such would slow down enemies and give units stationed there a defensive boost.

The current fort just gives units in towns boosts.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• Yeah I think the beach defense is a good idea, while they disembark you blast them with your arty. But placing bunkers on roads...was it done before? I think they will be abandon if the war started in favor of a concentrated military effort than pocket of resistence.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • This thread has nothing to do with stopping enemies from walking into a city. Please suggest it in another thread. Also forts do much of nothing against rockets. An ally of mine just wiped out my army when he was trying to hit the enemies in the city. I was on my way to the fort and he decided to send his rocket thinking it would hit his and not mine. Hopefully it wiped out enemies as well. This is after I even suggested this. I see nothing wrong with adding a bunker in builders to add defense only against the rockets. The rare goods it costs are nothing if your spending cash or have the rare goods saved up only for rockets. Also lvl 2 rockets are not hard to get to and can't be stopped, so saying lvl 1 rockets can be stopped is not worth mentioning. Plus by the time you get what you need, they will be lvl 2 anyhow. With Rockets without any real bunkers at all, feels like mutual destruction cold war game, not a ww2 game. If your a country not getting attacked till later, out of the way, you can build a big rocket force. I am not and never suggested bunkers helping against anything else other than against rockets. It can be done, it isn't impossible to add that. Maybe the term bomb shelter makes more sense or sheds more light?

The post was edited 2 times, last by invisibleman ().

• Bomb shelter is better, but one of the 'best' bomb shelters of WWII was the Anderson shelter. Used in nearly every household in Britain with a garden, it was thought to be great. You know how Mr. Anderson tested it? He jumped up and down on it.

Bomb shelters weren't really built in WWII to protect against missiles, nothing was, even after Germany started launching missiles.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• The only way to preventing defend from an enemy from using rockets and nukes is to deny him that tech, defeat him, or cripple his economy, in the end it's going to be your fault for being too slow and allow the enemy to progress in the late game especially if the enemy is powerful.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • No if both people are really active then the rocket user is more likely to win, or if the rocket user comes on less but at the right time he can win. As I mentioned sometimes the enemy blasting rockets are the last one you can go after or they are on the other side of the map. A person can build up a decent amount of rockets before 30 days. So you also are admitting the only way to stop a rocket user is by preventing them from making them in the first place. That would prove the point for needing a bunker/shelter. Yes you can rush rush rush but not always. Water crossing can be an issue to in that. The way the games can go if have active enemies, 30 days isn't all that late any more. If you are beating people in a week to two weeks, your enemies must be really inactive or suiciding their own troops. To tell me the best under ground shelter that was used in ww2 was one that can fail by jumping on it, is ridiculous. Germany had huge concrete shelters plenty far underground. Also there was secret/not so secret American underground shelters. I find it hard to believe that United Kingdom didn't have any to protect their highest up in the command. Against something like a weaker rocket yes, not against ATOM Bombs no but how many ATOM Bombs were used in ww2? 2 and that was towards the end of the war. Not all games are going to be against people that are not active at all.