Changing Pacific map teams (?)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Changing Pacific map teams (?)

The 50-player Pacific map is designed to be played with teams named for various colors to facilitate the accumulation of 2054 victory points by allied countries across the vast Pacific theatre of war.

Here's the question: after the game has already started, is it possible for a player to change teams? Is it possible for a player who was not previously part of a team to join one? If this is possible, how is it done?

If this is not possible, can there be alliances between existing teams?

Please advise. Thanks.
    • Thanks for the benefit of your experience. I had never played in any game with designated "teams" at the outset. I assumed teams were like in-game alliances using the diplomacy board or out-of-game coalitions -- they could be disbanded or added to while a game is ongoing. Apparently not. Seems my best option for adding a player to a team is create an alliance between the new player and all of the existing team members, making the new guy a de facto team member.