Heavy cruisers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Heavy cruisers

As you all know, I’m here dropping naval units.

This weeks one will be the Heavy cruiser, which is the step above the usual cruiser, but below the battlecruiser: and in some cases, they basically act as Battlecruisers . Germany used heavy cruisers to great effect.

The Cruisers would work well with battle cruisers, and as such they would be less expensive battleships, and less well armed battlecruisers (assuming we get such things)

This tree is smaller than the rest: reason being, bytro never classified what type of ‘cruisers’ we use in game, so they’ve screwed with the German ships.

If you’d like to see another naval tree for a certain ship class, I’m happy to try and put one together.

Allies:

• Tennessee-class
      • Pennsylvania-class
      • Pensacola-class
      • Northampton-class
      • Portland-class

Soviet Union:
      • Rurik class
      • Izumrud-class
      • Petropavlovsk-class (Admiral Hipper class)
      • Kynda-class (actually a rocket cruiser)
      • Kresta-class (Same as above- but come on,these things are huge)

Japan:
      • Aso-class (former Russian Bayan class)
      • Aoba-class
      • Myoko-class
      • Takao-class
      • Furutaka-class

Axis

• Irene class
      • Kaiserin Augusta-class
      • Victoria Louise class
      • D-Class
      • P-Class
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • Cruisers are already almost useless. Adding new ship between them and battleships doesn't seem worthwhile. Perhaps, maybe, if that ship would have the same range on all corresponding levels like battleship, it might be somewhat usefull in longer matches (two players work together to research one of those types and trade for other), otherwise, waste of time.
    • well, this sound much more useful and realistic to me than your missile-destroyer(don't get me wrong-i LOVE navies and ships in generell).

i suggest following changes: replace the current cruiser by your heavy cruiser.
      Display Spoiler

due to the washington fleet-conference, hardly any nation built light
      cruiser that deserved the name. they were more of a small heavy cruiser
      with a lot of firepower. so this would make sense without having to much ships.

in addition, i would increase the range of the destroyers by 10 km each type and add a battlecruiser.(i won't talk anymore about it because i guess this is next weeks thread ;) )
      RPGs are probably the only thing, where the quote L'etat c'est moi fits ^^

Currahee!