Plane bug

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• There is a bug I found which the game operator had difficulty understanding. Hoping to clarify here so that someone in support might know the game well enough to recognize the bug. Here is a copy of the game mechanics as they are supposed to work.

DAUNTLESS PATROL
      5/19/15 - 05:22

Welcome Commanders
      Today we would like to brief you about another update for the airplanes in Call of War.
      Airplanes 2.0
      Last week we already released the completely reworked patrol mode: Airplanes will now attack every enemy within their patrol radius four times per hour. This includes other airplanes crossing this airspace. They will thereby focus on the most vulnerable targets: interceptors mainly attack other airplanes, tactical bombers attack ground units and naval bombers focus on ships within their patrol radius. In return they receive defensive damage from those attacked armies.

And yes they were working like that smoothly for many months. At least I never noticed anything strange excepting the occasional random "X-factor result". However, twice now I have found patrolling aircraft I was engaged in battle failing to attack when their timer ran down to 0 from 15 min. Multiple cycles in a row. No results for either the attacker or defender, as if the battle never happened at all.
      There are situations you can set up where you actually WANT the enemy aircraft to attack you. Like when you have pulled up AA under their patrol zone, or flew in multiple fighter groups on patrol to massively outnumber the enemy patrol. When they fail to engage all or part of the defenders every 15 min, it completely changes the outcomes. :wallbash
    • Submitted 2 and have easily been able to reproduce it. In fact still waiting for the bug NOT to happen so I have a chance for victory in my players league game. If I can't stack the odds in my favor as defender, since I am hugely outnumbered anyway, I have no chances of getting a kill ratio high enough to win.
    • Bump

The exact same bug is back, 3 rounds in a row patrolling fighter/tac group failed to fire at 39 enemy aircraft (in 4 groups) also patrolling the same airspace. 2 of those rounds the 4f/4tacs took no damages at all even in defense and were remaining at 100%.

3 rounds no attacks, 2 of those 3 rounds no damages in defense either. 3 witness.

Update, this bug continued for 2-3 hours and was witnessed by a pretty good number of people as it happened in the clampred invitational and everyone in the coalition who happened to log on during this time saw it, also swayed an important battle.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Redd Baron: update ().