Bring back option to change own title ingame and make own flag!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bring back option to change own title ingame and make own flag!

Do you agree? 35
        Yes (26) 74%
        No (9) 26%
      I want a option to make a own flag for my country or download the flag from my own files and change my ingame title. I loved these features in Supremacy 1914 and it would be great to see them here aswell. :) If you agree show your support!
    • Greetings,

The only reason that we do not have the ability to change ones flag or name in a game is simply due to the fact that the Developers have not incorporated it as of right now. That is all their is to it. As the issues of the game are worked out, the Developers will most likely add exciting, new features to the game at a future date.
    • CzarHellios wrote:

Greetings,

The only reason that we do not have the ability to change ones flag or name in a game is simply due to the fact that the Developers have not incorporated it as of right now. That is all their is to it. As the issues of the game are worked out, the Developers will most likely add exciting, new features to the game at a future date.
      That's bad news for the 27% of the players who do not want to fight against players who are depicted on the flag of their different sexual organs or images with provocative, aggressive or propaganda sense, as it often was in the s1914.
      I very much hope that will not be possible to change the name of their country or the name of the ruler, then everything will be very bad
    • still have a whole folder of flags on my computer, for example one with the panafrican colors for when I play an african country etc. Just to show you, none of them can, in any way, be considered offensive (the two first flags are way bigger than the rest because they are .png's and the rest are .jpg's)
      Also there is a bit of a problem with the spoilers since there are some that were added although I did not put them there and they are empty, but as I am not very experienced in that, I will leave it like this.
      Display Spoiler

My very first flag, for my very first game, with West Libya, made with PowerPoint... I am having such a nostalgia right now because that one was one of the funniest games I ever played :D

Display Spoiler

I made this one for a game on the 10-players map, playing as Morocco.

Display Spoiler

I made this one for a game where I played France

Display Spoiler

This one was made for a game where I played Greece

Display Spoiler

With this one I once played Italy

Display Spoiler

South Canada

Display Spoiler

Lithuania, also one of my favourite games of all times, although I only became second ;D

Display Spoiler

Austria

You see that I often used approximately the colors the real flag has too, and often used that sort of wreath, but I quite liked it. My favourite flag is the one I made for Lithuania, and for the one I made for Morocco, I am not even sure if there is maybe a real country that uses that flag today, as so many african countries use the panafrican colors green, yellow and red in different combinations :D

Oh yeah and don't mind the data titles, most of them say "Big [Country name] Empire" because I thought that this sounds cool back then.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BjorniXL ().

• I use flags that are no longer used by any country, e.g. H.R.E. I also used flags like German Resistance flag. Check some out:

Bandera 18: HRE
      Bandera 5: German WW2 Resistance Flag
      Bandera 7: Proposed but not used Brasilian flag

I have many more :)
      Images
      • Bandera 18.jpg

294.87 kB, 1,280×853, viewed 371 times
      • Bandera 5.png

12.3 kB, 2,000×1,200, viewed 1,177 times
      • Bandera 7.png

4.75 kB, 700×420, viewed 2,025 times
      The past is a foreign country.
    • can you explain to us what these flags are better than the existing ones? maybe you like to draw and invent flags. But we did not play in the drawing competition. If I want to look at pictures, I go to the gallery. If I go into a tactical game, I do not want to see the pictures. Even if there is nothing wrong (which is rare). if you want to express their individuality in this game - just take and win
    • Sandevot wrote:

can you explain to us what these flags are better than the existing ones? maybe you like to draw and invent flags. But we did not play in the drawing competition. If I want to look at pictures, I go to the gallery. If I go into a tactical game, I do not want to see the pictures. Even if there is nothing wrong (which is rare). if you want to express their individuality in this game - just take and win
      Its a roleplaying thing not more of a tactical thing, they have not strategic advantage to game they just allow players to express themselves and choose what their flag or ruler's name/flag looks like
      If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won’t follow.

Do you know why snow is white? Because it forgot what color it was.

Strength that knows no boundaries is merely violence.

• Well, Sandevot, don't get angry. For a start, you had no need to participate in this forum. Second, it''s good for RP'ing. Thirdly, I want the portrait more than the flag, as it shows the picture of the leader, something I find not necessary but nearly. And, hey, if you don't want to change the flag, give other people the option! If somebody's stupid enough to ut something offensive, ban them forever.

Everybody can have their opinion, whether it's right or wrong. No needto get angry. Like we say in Spanish, "Esto es n mundo libre." It's a free world.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

If somebody's stupid enough to ut something offensive, ban them forever.
      well, no problem, I agree.
      if you give me the right to ban players for stupid flags, as you write, then I agree. not slow the consideration of my application for the ban - button with the instant reaction

if we talk seriously, let's make a list of simple rules for the flag: it is impossible to depict portraits of people or their body parts (photographically or schematic), photos (or screenshots of the games, film stills), the flag can not be lettering, company logos, flag should not coincide with flags and symbols of criminal and terrorist organizations
      How's that option?

There are other solutions to the problem. I have already written about them in another topic, I will quote myself

sandevot wrote:

I like the decision to abandon the download function of its flag for their country. In s1914 in these often abused, and some players flags were not cultural, it would probably kill them. But all the same a little freedom I would like to have. My idea is to allow the player to change the flag only on the real historical, 1 or 2 ready-made alternatives. For example, for Germany it is the flag of 1921-1933, 1933-1935 war flag or the flag of the president standard. For the Soviet Union it "stamp flag of the Russian Empire," "St. Andrew's flag" or coat of arms of the USSR. Or other options.
      players will be freedom of choice, but the problems will not be stupid flags. how you this option?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sandevot ().

• BjorniXL wrote:

Sandevot wrote:

the flag can not be lettering
      Sorry, I'm not a native english speaker, so I might misunderstand this, but do you mean there is no text allowed on the flags? If yes, why? If not, what do you mean instead? ;)

you do not speak English language. I do not speak Latin language. Moderators do not speak Klingon language.
      This diversity of languages is not possible to monitor whether the flag violates the rules or not.
      besides text on flags is very very rare situation - I know only three countries in the world that have text on the flag, but in all cases the flag is a simple combination of colored stripes or shapes, and so let them be
    • i am curious that people are afraid of others using names of Hitler and Stalin. Umm.... PC thing??? Do we have enough of this? Very misplaced strangeness. HAS ANYONE NOTICED THOSE NAMES ARE ALREADY IN THE GAME and we are simulating history here? Please stop PC stuff enough already.

As for flags, i can see reason for not wanting free-hand or pasted flag art. But other games have simple tools to make very original-looking flags from subcomponents. Don't see any harm there. But if not much call then maybe developers have many other important things and fixes to do.