NATO unit symbols

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• NATO unit symbols

I was recently looking through some of my old mans paper work from when he served, mostly refresher stuff and what not, and it had a section on the NATO battle symbols.

This got me thinking, these low graphic boxes would be perfect for people who have a choppy internet connection, and they'd make me feel even more like a baby Rommel.

Thoughts?
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • I'd like to NATO ones, its what I'm most used to seeing in books and such.

lookie here
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • TankBuster wrote:

I was recently looking through some of my old mans paper work from when he served, mostly refresher stuff and what not, and it had a section on the NATO battle symbols.

This got me thinking, these low graphic boxes would be perfect for people who have a choppy internet connection, and they'd make me feel even more like a baby Rommel.

Thoughts?

That brings back memories of playing the old Avalon Hill war games 30+ years ago, which were about the most sophisticated board games you could play before the advent of high-quality computer war games and the internet. Avalon Hill used all of the standard armor, infantry and aircraft symbols on their little unit game tiles, with a given number of x's to represent unit size (battalion, regiment, division, etc.). I believe that was all standard army notation at one point; may still be. (Indeed, a quick internet search indicates these simple graphics remain the basis of U.S. Army and NATO unit symbology.)

The post was edited 2 times, last by MontanaBB ().