Reconnaisance Corps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Maybe a fast infantry unit? Scouts used motorbikes and such in WWII I think as well as Willy's and stuff like that, even armoured cars in some places. Tanks too. Aircraft. You can have anything do recon.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• Motorized Infantry and armoured cars are on my list of units to test out. I suggest either of the two- similar to the British LRDG (Long Range Desert group, used as a taxi services by the SAS)
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • The game really is a great need for a further review at the units. But this does not necessarily create new units. It should be all-only the correct configuration settings have available. Now the game has an overview of the units absurd parameters of what I wrote in another topic. To quote myself

Sandevot wrote:

10. The radius of the review of troops.Various forces in the game have a different radius of the review - it is right, but it does not work correctly on many weapons. For example battleship in 1932 (which had only binoculars) sees on this same distance as the nuclear battleship (which has the "over-the-horizon radar"). In reality, the difference in numbers greater than four fold. The same situation with the submarines - acoustic equipment for submarines in 1932 was armed with only the ears of a sailor, and in 1952 they had a long list of powerful equipment, including towed sonar station. The actual difference in distance almost 8 times. Similar discrepancies in aviation: marine bomber flying over water and fighter flying over the battlefield completely different amount of space. Marine bombers of the design was adapted to the purposes of the search over large areas, and fighter pilots were flying at much less then the heights and even without binoculars. It is clear that between them there is a big difference in the radius of the review and patrol the area.
      Obviously, the best solution if the developers will review the right balance. Create a new unit will only add confusion.
      It concerns including various types of infantry and vehicles, which has a range of different opportunities for review. Thus, they can be different on different terrain.

Scouts never had any opportunities to provide scouting data in a wide radius. Their task is dotted exploration of specific areas in the enemy's rear. They may not have a wide range of view. If you want to implement them in the game, you should give them a very small radius of the review, but make them reticent to review the enemy and the ability to pass through the enemy without fighting. But then why introduce a new unit, if in that form today the scouts are already working as a spy?
    • Maybe a fast land unit that is a tankette or an AC. It only has an MG, maybe a 7.62 mm gun which is only okay against infantry and aircraft, it can't touch other armour. Have two levels which are like the M2A2 and T17 for America, for the Germans you could have Pz.I(I know it is Germany's firsts light tank but it is really a tankette, it only has an MG. The Pz.II was the first German tank with a cannon) and the SD.KFZ 223, for the Russian's the devs need to find some stuff for them as I can't find anything but light tanks that have cannons and MG's rather than just MG's.

• Butter Ball Bill wrote:

Maybe a fast land unit that is a tankette or an AC. It only has an MG, maybe a 7.62 mm gun which is only okay against infantry and aircraft, it can't touch other armour. Have two levels which are like the M2A2 and T17 for America, for the Germans you could have Pz.I(I know it is Germany's firsts light tank but it is really a tankette, it only has an MG. The Pz.II was the first German tank with a cannon) and the SD.KFZ 223, for the Russian's the devs need to find some stuff for them as I can't find anything but light tanks that have cannons and MG's rather than just MG's.
      I think the British had a light tank similar to that, I believe it was called "Light Tank MKV" and it had a Vickers machine gun.

As you can tell, us brits are great for names
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • I was reading about unarmoured vehicles in WWII, maybe Russia could use a Dodge o.75-tonner(of the T-214 series) and a Willys MB 'Jeep' since they don't have much else other than this lend-lease stuff and some trucks.

• I prefer a new unit. The Brits had a Spitfire with a camera instead of guns and the French painted their recon Spits pink to blend in with the clouds. Don't know about the others but aerial reconnaissance was very important in WWII has been since.

• Hi folks,

Maybe this is already discussed somewhere but I can't find it if it is. Lots of times I want my navy or aircraft to scout my borders looking for folks with possible bad intentions. Unless I am constantly watching where they are, someone may pass by without me noticing. Is there anything in the game that allows contacts of other nations to be recorded somehow so that I can check it when I have time. I assume other players have multiple games in progress. As you go from one to the other, or go outside and breathe or something, our scouts should be able to report on their sightings.

Sincerly,
      BRDubbs
    • BRDubbs wrote:

Hi folks,

Maybe this is already discussed somewhere but I can't find it if it is. Lots of times I want my navy or aircraft to scout my borders looking for folks with possible bad intentions. Unless I am constantly watching where they are, someone may pass by without me noticing. Is there anything in the game that allows contacts of other nations to be recorded somehow so that I can check it when I have time. I assume other players have multiple games in progress. As you go from one to the other, or go outside and breathe or something, our scouts should be able to report on their sightings.

Sincerly,
      BRDubbs
      I believe that if your planes see something that then exits their LOS, the unit that has been seen is represented by a foggy infantry unit where it was first spotted.
      The past is a foreign country.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pablo22510 ().

• Thanks Pablo22510.

I believe that I have seen something like that in the past where a spotted unit then goes foggy as you state. However, in a current game (Not a Frontline Pioneer game) I had a couple of submarines pass by an enemy point. They showed units from a third country sitting there. As the subs moved on away, everything went back to normal as if my subs had not spotted anything. Thinking that maybe the sighted unit had left, I moved a tank toward that position and the third party once again appeared. That tells me that there is nothing that tells us of previously sighted units. Maybe it is something they could add to the new EVENTS button that I see in Frontline Pioneer games.