Clash of Alliances #2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Clash of Alliances #2

We try to start a multi alliance battle. The idea is to get 10 allies on the world map for a ultimate team fight!

*the game will be postponed until further notice*

*under construction*
      Rules:
      • The use of GOLD is forbidden.
      • The use of rockets is (undecided yet) (check polls)
      • There's no limit of teams that can attack the same team.
      • Players must enter the game during the first 48 hours, after these time his team will have 24 hours to replace the player that didn't join.
      • No cooperation between the teams! (no shared map; no right of way; no NAP; no exchange of resources)
      • Game language is English
      • Respect you opponent, it's a game.
      Prize:
      • 3000 gold and 1 week of HC(per member of the team)

Note:
      ¹) Randomized Choice: The signed allies will give tip for the last both dots from the exchange course between us dollar and euro at the noon of the next day. (Central European Time)

Team A says the course at next day is xx45
      Team B says xx56
      Team C says xx85
      and so on. The team with the closest tip gets the first chance to choose their starting region!

Questions?
      please ask!

Idea originally created by @Xarus
      Click here for Clash of Alliances #1
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli
    • Greetings from Serbian Eagles, winners of the first Clash of Alliances game. We will not be participating this time (reasons are both lack of time and interest and the fact that we proved ourselves already in this great competition), however, I must ask one question. First game was organized by @Xarus, and as far as I know, this was his idea and implementaion, so I wonder if he is involved this time, too, and if not, is he aware of this second game? I know that he had plans for continuation, so (even if its maybe not my job to do this) I hope this is not done without his knowledge or approval.
    • Paramunac wrote:

First game was organized by @Xarus, and as far as I know, this was his idea and implementaion, so I wonder if he is involved this time, too, and if not, is he aware of this second game? I know that he had plans for continuation, so (even if its maybe not my job to do this) I hope this is not done without his knowledge or approval.
      He's not involved at this moment. I know it's his idea and that's why i added this when i created this thread:

nemuritor98_ wrote:

Idea originally created by @Xarus
      I don't know if he will get involved or not. I sent him a message a few days ago in skype but got no reply yet, seems he's on vacation or something. However all is the same, just changed the date :P
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

• nemuritor98_,

hello there,

My alliance and me participated in the Clash of Alliances #1 and I would like to share some experience I(we) made during the 1st World War. Because it seems like you are literally copying everything, faults included. Obviously its in all of our interest to get rid of the errors made in the Clash of Alliances #1!

1. The "map distribution": You dont have to be a strategic genuis to realize that certain teams have a horrible starting position! For example, Middle Amerika(2), whichever teams picks this knows already that its going to face 2 enemies: North and South America. The chances of winning such a war are almost 0. So Team Nr. 2 is already doomed to failure.

2. The joining process: Its actually harder than u think to get all the players to join the right team and the right country! Last time we had several tries and still werent flawless at the last try. You may want to rethink how you could get players play the right country and be in the right team! Simply telling them isnt enough, as we saw last time ;)
      [For some reasons, Players just joined other teams/countries]

3. The late game: Clash of Alliances #1 ended up like that: One team somewhere in Asia tookover all of Africa, Asia, Oceania and Africa bc the teams there were mostly inactive. Meanwhile in America, 30+day long trenchwar between North and South. I dont want to say that the trenchwar was that bad, it was more the fact that one team could take over the rest of the world so easily! [Less teams going inactive would be great]

Mc_Johnsen
      #Cake FTW
    • Paramunac wrote:

Jever Reloadet wrote:

the battalion signed up. but i hope, it runs better than the last alliances clash and you will not do the same mistakes ^^.
      Some mistakes were made in first Clash of Alliances? Or you just can't get over the fact that your 5-player team surrendered to one enemy player after only few days of war because you were demolished on land, air and sea at the same time?
      We probably surrendered to 1 Player because his army was way bigger than ours? And for some reasons, our airfleet bugged away ;)
      We didnt get demolished on land air and sea, only at air because our airfleet disappeared. Which leads to our defeat on the ground to your 150-200 tactical bombers.

Btw, @nemuritor, you should post this game on the other servers as well ;) (in case you want to get this full^^)
      #Cake FTW
    • First of all, thanks for the feedback, @Mc_Johnsen, glad to have someone that cares to make it better.

Taking in count I haven't noticed these things,

the game will be postponed until further notice

Mc_Johnsen wrote:

1. The "map distribution": You dont have to be a strategic genuis to realize that certain teams have a horrible starting position! For example, Middle Amerika(2), whichever teams picks this knows already that its going to face 2 enemies: North and South America. The chances of winning such a war are almost 0. So Team Nr. 2 is already doomed to failure.
      I'll work into this and i'll try to provide a new organization around the map. Any suggestion by now?

Mc_Johnsen wrote:

2. The joining process: Its actually harder than u think to get all the players to join the right team and the right country! Last time we had several tries and still werent flawless at the last try. You may want to rethink how you could get players play the right country and be in the right team! Simply telling them isnt enough, as we saw last time
      [For some reasons, Players just joined other teams/countries]
      I'll add all the players manually so the joining process won't be a problem.

Mc_Johnsen wrote:

3. The late game: Clash of Alliances #1 ended up like that: One team somewhere in Asia tookover all of Africa, Asia, Oceania and Africa bc the teams there were mostly inactive. Meanwhile in America, 30+day long trenchwar between North and South. I dont want to say that the trenchwar was that bad, it was more the fact that one team could take over the rest of the world so easily! [Less teams going inactive would be great]
      Maybe making it just invitational would be better? Not sure at all, there aren't many alliances but yeah, i understand the fact that there can be a lot of inactivity which can affect the game a lot.

Mc_Johnsen wrote:

Btw, @nemuritor, you should post this game on the other servers as well (in case you want to get this full^^)
      It can help, yes, but i must contact someone that talks in those languages :P

• Redd Baron wrote:

I will ask mine.

eta: They said yes. They wish to join.
      Name of the alliance?

Jever Reloadet wrote:

the battalion signed up. but i hope, it runs better than the last alliances clash and you will not do the same mistakes ^^.
      which mistakes if i can ask?