Idea: Ability to merge two divisions into one (not what you think)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Idea: Ability to merge two divisions into one (not what you think)

From what I can tell, unit morale pretty much means what fraction of that division's member soldiers/pilots/sailors are still alive.

Now I do have an idea...

Have you ever had that infantry division at 1% that you had to lug all the way to the capital to wait for it to regain morale?

What if...you could just command the surviving troops of that division to join another division that was at 99%, and make a 100% brand-new division?

What if you could command the crew of that cruiser at 25% to jump ship and take up the empty spaces onboard another cruiser at 75%?

What if you could order a squadron at 40% to take their planes and reinforce another squadron that's at 10% at the frontlines?

What if you could simply...MERGE two divisions into one?

Here's what I propose:
      -Two units (of the same type, no cruiser-battleship mergers, no destroyer-tank mergers) can merge into one division if their combined morale, added up, is equal to or less than 100%
      -The merged division takes on the name of the division with more morale, and the kill count is added up between the two (might be too complex, I'm ok with setting it back to 0)
      -The merged division has the morale of the two originals added together.
      -Units can only merge if they are "alone" (not combined with other units-their unit count must be 1, and not in the same army as a different unit type. This simplifies the math)

-What could work:-
      *6th infantry (40%) and 12th infantry (5%) complete a merger. They become the 6th infantry (45%).
      *8th cruiser (60%) and 55th cruiser (40%) merge to become the 8th cruiser squadron (100%).
      *1st fighter squadron (1%) and 3rd fighter squadron (3%) complete a merger, and become the 3rd fighter squadron (4%).
      -What won't happen:-
      *68th light tank (100%) and 46th light tank (100%) cannot complete a merger. They add up to 200%, more than 100%. That would be wonderful but game-breaking.
      *2nd infantry (5%) and 101st rocket (50%) cannot complete a merger. Humans are not rockets. Stupid.
      *5th armor (50%) and 4th armor-multiple units (40%) cannot complete a merger, because 4th armor is made of up multiple units.
      *75th anti-tank attempts to merge with an allied army. But of course, that would be somewhat annoying because allies can then stuff all their units to their ally and make them lose from loss of resources due to too many units.
      *76th anti-air attempts to merge with an enemy. Silly fools, that's the worst idea I ever heard.
      * 77th anti-air attempts to merge with a neutral army. They stepped on their territory, war is declared, and the next day you're down to a single lonely island in the pacific.