Tech trees

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• i'd like to suggest something to the group: a complete rework on the tech trees. The reason being that in places, we don't actually have to enter any cold war equipment: let me take you on a journey of common sense and research.

The Chi-to, Japans most advanced medium tank of the war. This was completed in small numbers- by small I mean two, but its documented and has pictures of it. You can drop the type-61, and then push this bad boy in.

The same with the German tree, drop the leopard and between the Panzer IV and Panther, put the Panzer IV H.

These are just two examples of research which don't have to touch the cold war, in places I understand (and I know the community understands) that sometimes things must be done, however, in places this is being pure lazy.

If anyone can, I'd like people to formulate a list of research we can drop out and have a replacement for. I'd like to make another post detailing our findings. It would look something like this:

Nation: Axis
      Research type: Armour, medium tank
      Level: 5
      Current research: Leopard I
      proposed research: remove Leopard from list, move Panthers up one level each, and place 'Panzer IV H' in level three spot
      Link to research: (wiki link here or whatever)

Another reason for this is that, as you all know, i love our secret tech tree: and I believe that once you've got max level on all three tank types (L/M/H) you should unlock the "Universal tank" (Cookie to anyone who gets that reference and which nation it came from) which should then be the first gen MBTs. I also know that many of you have pointed out places where things don't belong, such as I believe the soviet tank trees get confused between light and medium.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • Because this is for things we just dont need to enter the cold war phase. If you have ample amounts of medium tanks, you don't need to put MBTs in

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

• I fail to see the issue with the glorious Fours.

• TankBuster wrote:

I fail to see the issue with the glorious Fours.
      We don't need to have any Panthers at all, or anything else. For medium tanks we can just have Pz IV's A-G. No need to even go beyond 1942. But we wouldn't want that, because then we will be missing a load of units that we want if we try to stick to the era.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Then if we have ample research for the are, we don't need to use an MBT

• TankBuster wrote:

Then if we have ample research for the are, we don't need to use an MBT
      You're not getting where I'm coming from, I think. I like your idea of missile destroyers, Oceans missile subs, etc. but if we start making the tech tree closer to 1942, we won't be able to have those units because we are hammering home to the devs that we would prefer a WWII vs a Cold War game.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: