Logistical Ideas/Choosing weaponry for your units.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Logistical Ideas/Choosing weaponry for your units.

So, I have been thinking about something. This idea would be for an extremely hardcore mode/selectable options. You would be able to select the type of weapons your troops would have (Depending on their level and country) So, the commandos would be able to have any type of weapon you want them to have (All guns used in WW1-2) and what capability they could have. Of course, this list WILL change per country, I am going to start working on a British, German, and Soviet list. This is a list of Infantry weapons:
      ------------------------
      Infantry (American)
      - M1 Carbine
      - M1 Garand
      - M1A1 (Flamethrower)
      - M1 Thompson
      - M1A1 Bazooka
      - Springfield rifles
      - Shotguns
      - M1919
      - .50 cal Browning
      - BAR
      -------------------------
      Militia (American)
      - Hunting Rifles
      - Pistols
      - Springfield rifles
      - M3 "Grease Gun"
      - Shotguns
      --------------------------
      Commandos (American)
      - M1 Carbine (Suppressed)
      - M1 Garand (Rifle Grenade/ Suppressed)
      - M1 Thompson (Suppressed)
      - Recoilless rifle
      - BAR
      - STEN
      - Lee-Enfield
      - Kar98
      - Other WW2 Commando weapons
      -----------------------------------------
      So, on to my second point, ammo and food needed for your troops. I think it would be a great idea for the game, but it would be an option (Depending on the map) and you would have trucks to deliver food for them. The trucks would carry food and ammo depending on their level. This is my proposal:

Supply trucks:
      Level 1- 10 food/ammo or 5 of each
      Level 2- 20 food/ammo or 10 of each
      Level 3- 40 food/ ammo or 20 of each
      Level 4- 60 food/ammo or 30 of each
      Level 5- 100 food/ammo or 50 of each.
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • Well, personally, I carried a brace of Ruger 22LR Target pistols, shouldered holstered, when I was in combat.
      But what does that have to do with a full Regiment of 1500 soldiers? Mostly armed with Springfield, Enfield or M1 rifles.
      Company grade officers with M1 Carbines. Weapons platoons with 50 cal. MG, Mortar platoon with 60 or 88mm. One BAR per squad. Perhaps the Regimental Commander, if adequately inspired by Gen. Patton, might carry a brace of 45 Long Colt Revolvers, Ivory handled, not pearl as the biased, ill informed media reported (nothing has changed.)
    • WayneBo wrote:

Well, personally, I carried a brace of Ruger 22LR Target pistols, shouldered holstered, when I was in combat.
      What unit did you serve with, if you don't mind me asking? I'd be interested to know the war too if it isn't too much hassle.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: