German weapons

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • German weapons

      Do you want to choose weapons and have supplies? 8
      1.  
        Yes (5) 63%
      2.  
        No (3) 38%
      So, this is my continuation of the German weapons that I think players should be able to choose from for their units.

      ---------------
      Infantry:
      - Kar98
      - MP40
      - STG44
      - Panzerfaust
      - Gewehr 43
      - FG42
      - MG42
      - MG34
      - P08
      - MG18
      - Panzerschreck
      ----------------
      Commandos:
      - STG44
      - Gewehr 43
      - MP40
      - Kar98
      - Kar98 Sniper
      - FG42
      ------------------
      Militia:
      - Kar98
      - Shotguns
      - Panzerfaust
      -------------------

      These are just some of the guns that I know of that German troops (And Fallschirmjagers) used. I think these are good choices for weapons that infantry can use in CoW. Only certain level of infantry can use the weapons that are displayed (All countries), as in if a player has Level one infantry, they cannot use an STG44, but if a player has level 4 infantry, they can use every thing from their time line and below. Commandos can use anything they want because they are commandos. Militia men, from my knowledge, did not use too many weapons that the German military had, if anyone has more information on it, please tell me and I can fix this.
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • JCS Darragh wrote:

      Militia men, from my knowledge, did not use too many weapons that the German military had
      Here is a little thing from Wiki, hope it helps. I got some pictures too.

      girls as young as 14 years were trained in the use of small arms, bazookas, machine guns, and hand grenades from December 1944 through May 1945




      This guy has a MP40.





      An anti-tank rifle of some kind.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

    • Too complex for a free browser game, however being able to choose tank camo would be nice, maybe having a pick out of say 6 or so designs to put on a tank.
      Or maybe a tank will have a certain camo depending on where the tank is produced, if it's produced in North Africa it'll have a desert camo and so on.

      Edit 1: Perhaps having a certain camo would give you an advantage in a certain terrain.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Not A Communist ().

    • Not A Communist wrote:

      Too complex for a free browser game, however being able to choose tank camo would be nice, maybe having a pick out of say 6 or so designs to put on a tank.
      Or maybe a tank will have a certain camo depending on where the tank is produced, if it's produced in North Africa it'll have a desert camo and so on.

      Edit 1: Perhaps having a certain camo would give you an advantage in a certain terrain.
      I completely agree, being able to chose weapon types would be far to complicated, but camo is an option that would be much easier to design and introduce to the game, but I wish that you could put "perks" on a certain unit type to give it an advantage in certain situations.

      Edit: Instead of weapons, you could have applicable skills such as special weapons training, stealth tactics, strength boosts, extra armor, better engines, and better range for planes and artillery.
      玛 POLAR

      The post was edited 1 time, last by POL4R ().

    • POL4R wrote:

      Not A Communist wrote:

      Too complex for a free browser game, however being able to choose tank camo would be nice, maybe having a pick out of say 6 or so designs to put on a tank.
      Or maybe a tank will have a certain camo depending on where the tank is produced, if it's produced in North Africa it'll have a desert camo and so on.

      Edit 1: Perhaps having a certain camo would give you an advantage in a certain terrain.
      I completely agree, being able to chose weapon types would be far to complicated, but camo is an option that would be much easier to design and introduce to the game, but I wish that you could put "perks" on a certain unit type to give it an advantage in certain situations.
      I was thinking a forest style camo would give you a slight defensive advantage in a forest terrain province and so on.
    • Oh, and when I say supplies, I mean like the units need food and ammo every once in awhile, I think it would be good for the game, because you can really slow down those players who like to play EXTREMELY fast and take over your country. Example, Your country has been falling to another player who has more gold and has Light tanks and Medium tanks, and has dozens of division marching into your country. You are losing the war. Now, with my idea, you could make this player slow down, by cutting off ammo and food to his armies, thus you can have some sort of fighting chance. These are just some ideas, I like them.
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"