Manpower/units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• only an issue in the early game? in the late game its impossible to run barracks, i have about +50 food in some of my games, so your already losing production of manpower there, and you definitely need infantry, if you dont have any the enemy can just defend a city with inf and AA support and depending on the game you could lose, you need infantry, light tanks are already overused because of the cheap manpower cost to build them and the daily upkeep, to make infantry more usable the manpower increase was needed.
    • i really dont know what you mean. I have lots and lots of barracks at level 2 & 3 and many more at level 1 (even in the most useless provinces, as a gift from the previous owner).

and I have no problems i cant manage....

are you playing a different game?

or did you not get your production infrastructure up to par? is that it? wanting level 3 barracks, but not developping the grain production?

I have a mix of troops in the beginning, with LT going for empty lands and inf and arty going for cities.
      later on in the game, my armies consist of motorized/mech inf, commandos and arty, supported by medium tanks and still LTs for empty land raids and occupation of just conquered lands. inf is always at the front of course and not staying behind for occupation.

by the time i can build heavy tanks, they are for decoration only, because the map is won by then.

The post was edited 1 time, last by _Pontus_ ().

• im playing 6 call of war games, all of them i have about 150-250 provinces and in all of them except for the game where im the soviet union, i have negative food production just by activating a lvl 3 barracks in my capital, there is no food for sale once you have defeated all the ai, so how are you supposed to build units? if your building infantry the amount of manpower you have is not enough, even when building light tanks its difficult to produce units in all my cities...
    • well, I have plenty of level 3 barracks in 4 games and, yes, it is not easy, but manageable.

is your point that it should be easy? sorry, that is mean, but again: it is al manageable when you develop grain production and switch of the useless barracks in useless provinces, build by 'interesting' players

my main problem is oil, once building mech inf. and i have a 30k manpower stock in all games. but no oil to build tanks, mot/mech inf.

The post was edited 1 time, last by _Pontus_ ().

• well. you will have to chose a direction and develop your production infrastructure based on that choice.
      if you do so consequently, problems are manageable.

in any case, if i had more manpower and oil, i would rule the map even faster. no fun for the other players. lol
    • Don't get too worked up about it, it's just a matter of opinions.
      But I would like to point out that a lack of manpower is what initially caused me to experiment with all the other tech trees, and it was definitely worth it. And like _Pontus_ said, having the right balance of units to account for both resource consumption, military necessity and strategic requirement is what makes the game really interesting
      Kalantigos
      Master Chief Petty Officer.
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • Well guys... you are talking about an asymetric game, where not every power has the same economy.
      If you think you can run US like you run France or Spain then you will run through a disaster as US have only 2 productions of grain... and yes, Manpower/Food balance will be more difficult than any other power.
      So don't try to compare your experiences with different countries... simply you can't (at least not in a perfect way)