Manpower/units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lukebnm wrote:

everyone has lots of inf on their tutorial game ^, and i dont think ill need a few weeks to see how the game develops, im just suggesting an increase in the barracks % increase on the production maybe something like that of the other resource boosting upgrades. not sure if buildings like infrastructure increase manpower production though if someone would like to answer?
      No, Infrastructure doesn't affects Manpower, and the others too (I have harbors, air bases, ind. complex producing no manpower)
      O beijo, amigo, é a véspera do escarro,
      A mão que afaga é a mesma que apedreja.
    • which is why i want it changed, in the tutorial game you do get a manpower boost or something as im building everything with lots of reserve, but i think the other buildings should give at least some manpower production, manpower is a resource in this game so i dont see why they shouldnt.
    • Pathos wrote:

yes.... only barracks are effecting the manpower production.
      money is a resource at the moment and you can boost the production with buildings
      exactly, i would like to see some other way of maybe increasing manpower, not sure how exactly but if im having this much of a problem trying to build an army in the early stages of the game (and i know other players are as well) i think this isnt just me being a bad player, i will finish the game im playing at the moment and see how that works, but i dont think you should be this limited on manpower, i like manpower as a resource and think it should be limited but at the moment it seems like its stopping production of units and being too much of an important resource, (you also cannot buy manpower).
    • in addition to this.. militia are supposed to be 'cheap' units.. but they cost 1500 manpower.. its not worth building them. i think there needs to be an increase in manpower so there is a good balance between choosing to use more manpower and less resources or more resources and less manpower and having a good variety of units.
    • Lukebnm wrote:

in addition to this.. militia are supposed to be 'cheap' units.. but they cost 1500 manpower.. its not worth building them. i think there needs to be an increase in manpower so there is a good balance between choosing to use more manpower and less resources or more resources and less manpower and having a good variety of units.
      They're cheap in money and goods, but they need a bigger manpower cost to produce and to mantain to avoid Unit Spam, as I said.
    • and what is wrong with unit spam? i think 1500 is too much, they might be cheap but for 1500 i dont think they have much use except for the not needing a industrial complex..

edit: im fine with not having lots of units but i do think every units should have a use and atm militia and infantry seem underpowered (you could use them in cities but i still think that can be avoided).. anyway if there were no suggestion then the game wouldnt be able to improve.
    • rastermannMB wrote:

bytro does not want a "Unit-Spam" ... thats why also infantry needs to be recruitet manually
      well editing my above post but this does not have to be limited completely i think a balance needs to be made that puts either:
      1) more manpower production somehow (non core provinces or buildings)
      2) cheaper units/ less cost to maintain.

i'd rather the 1st happen
    • Sorry I was gone for a while, I accidentally fell asleep.

I would say the reason for them being a drain on manpower to build is because militia is just civies with guns. More or less a Dad's Army. Have you guys seen the amount of accidents that happened because of Dad's Army? They commonly shot and blew each other up and one time they were told Germany had invaded and ended up capturing an English town and ripping some British soldiers off their bikes, injuring them. People who have weapons and only a vague idea of how to use them are bigger danger to themselves rather than the enemy.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• Butter Ball Bill wrote:

Sorry I was gone for a while, I accidentally fell asleep.

I would say the reason for them being a drain on manpower to build is because militia is just civies with guns. More or less a Dad's Army. Have you guys seen the amount of accidents that happened because of Dad's Army? They commonly shot and blew each other up and one time they were told Germany had invaded and ended up capturing an English town and ripping some British soldiers off their bikes, injuring them. People who have weapons and only a vague idea of how to use them are bigger danger to themselves rather than the enemy.
      another thing.. at the current cost it seems like you would be lucky to get a few militia so what is the point of them if you cant even have many of them to allow you to protect your multiple cities, they are slow already so with the cost they are just impossible to use i would think, more if you dont have non core provinces at start but still underpowered in my opinion..
    • Lukebnm wrote:

and what is wrong with unit spam? i think 1500 is too much, they might be cheap but for 1500 i dont think they have much use except for the not needing a industrial complex..

edit: im fine with not having lots of units but i do think every units should have a use and atm militia and infantry seem underpowered (you could use them in cities but i still think that can be avoided).. anyway if there were no suggestion then the game wouldnt be able to improve.
      I was going to say that for Militia the spam would be historical accurate, but this isn't HOI3 and the tech trees are the same, just changing photos and names, so there are no big differences between countries in warfare. Germany would use the same tactics as USSR here, since this game isn't so complex ( and it would be unnecessary).

Without the soviet tactics of militia spam, the ingame militia is weaker and has a higher cost in manpower to be produced, but smaller in money and goods, the same to mantain. Well, the militia must stay weaker and more costly than inf. in manpower since this is accurate, with millions of soviet dead in WW1 and 2.
    • It's all a balancing game, as Spain I was vastly inferior i manpower to France (thankfully inactive and now almost dead), Germany, Italy, I expect GB, yet had material advantages.....but that's to be expected, every nation has its advantages & disadvantages just like suprem, otherwise it'd be boring.
      The levels as they are balance the game well.
    • I haven't got too much input on this thread, but my presence is known. I haven't got anything against you lukenbm, but its my mission to dislike any post liked by its creator.

Italy is quite short of manpower, I find (its the limiting resource). My other game, as Turkey, can't tell because of the tutorial giving me a resource boost.