Names for ALL Ships

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Names for ALL Ships

One thing I noticed here is that you're only able to name a battleship, not a destroyer, not a cruiser and not a submarine. However, all of these units had names during WW2 and in my opinion should also have them in the game. Not only because it's more historically accurate, but also because it helps finding units and remembering where they are. It's just a suggestion, but I would really like the option to be in the game.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Look at what's really going on and you will notice that the battleships, bombers and missiles are many players in the game do not have names. Players often simply leave the input field blank and click OK. That's what I do.
      I do not mind names, I really like to watch the ship has a beautiful historical name. If you recall the story, then the destroyers and submarines rarely have names - only the British and the US Navy, but even there in the first place designated serial numbers. So that's what we have now is quite realestichno. If we talk about the Navy - let developers concentrate better and finish it aircraft carriers. I think you should not distract them for what is not a problem.
    • I'd love to name my Subs! I always thought cruisers should have had this from the beginning- and while i don't make use of destroyers that much, i'm sure I could find a good few names for them.

I totally agree with this idea. It should be put into the game when they introduce Aircraft carriers.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

Sandevot, you might not put names on ships, but I do. And saying that putting names on all ships is stupid just because you don't do it is just plain egoism. Think about others.
      You want to make a change in the code of the game, because you want to have a name for the destroyer. You do not offer any historical or technical necessity. You are not interested in the opinions of others. You just want it. That's where the real selfishness.
    • Sandevot wrote:

You want to make a change in the code of the game, because you want to have a name for the destroyer. You do not offer any historical or technical necessity. You are not interested in the opinions of others. You just want it. That's where the real selfishness.
      Read all of the other users' opinions on this topic. All except you and Kalantigos (who remained neutral) agree with me. I am not being selfish. You are. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean it's stupid. If you'd have said that in the paras thread, where opinion was divided, it would've been understandable. But not here, with everyone against you. And there's no need to put a name. If you don't want it, don't put. I want this option because it's historically accurate and because it would make my life easier identifying ships.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Why are you so aggressive? the second time you call me selfish, probably in the next message will be more harsh words?
      I write that it is not necessary to solve the problem which is not a problem and spend a lot of time because it can be spent on something really useful
    • That's enough, both of you. Remain respectful to each other and provide constructive criticism related to the topic.
      There have been valid points made throughout the thread, don't drown them out.

Thank you.
      Kalantigos
      Master Chief Petty Officer.
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War