Long list of suggestions for CoW

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Long list of suggestions for CoW

Sorry for the amount of posts I have been making today. I am going to list off a few of my big suggestions for CoW. I hope some of you have some good feedback about my suggestions and can give me other good ideas. Now, let's get started!

​​- Airborne
      - Logistical Stuff
      - ​Air Force planes
      - Naval units
      - Engineer defenses
      - Tank camouflage
      - Marines​

​First up, we have Airborne, I know a lot of people like and dislike this idea, but I believe it is necessary for Call of War, considering it is about WWII, and how widely paratroopers were used in WW2. Now, my idea on all Airborne units is that they are most effective on plains and Forest biomes. If you drop them in any other biomes, you will have a 50% chance to lose the unit. (enemy fire, failed drop, etc) I also said in one of my other posts that I would like to see Armor and motorized infantry that can be dropped into the battle, the armor and motorized infantry are pretty much the same as regular airborne infantry units, except you have a 75% chance to lose the unit if you drop it any where other than the plains biome. The least effective biomes for Airborne are Cities and mountains.

Secondly, I would like to see Logistical aspects to CoW. These logistical aspects can really help another player and can change the way people play completely. For those players that like to dominate other players quickly, they would have to send in supply trucks to support their tanks and infantry, but the trucks have to be protected from enemy attack. I think the trucks are an awesome idea because they can assist a player that is in danger of falling to an enemy attack, now I know that you guys are thinking “Well that player should learn how to play Call of War and build up his/her army to defeat the invading enemy” but, that is just my point, the logistical trucks would play a large role in taking over a country. I have had these problems in the CoW rounds that I play too, let me explain a scenario that happened quite a bit when I was playing as Spain. So, I was trying to avoid a war with France and try to keep to myself and build up an army to defeat another country, someone decided that they would alert France about something and so, France invaded, they took over quite a bit of land, then Italy invaded me, so then I was fighting a war on two fronts, France was a large military power at that time in the game. France sent all their infantry and armor into my country, luckily I had a friend who gave me plenty of supplies and units, also with the help of me, we kicked France out of my Country and countied on with the game.

So in that situation the logistical aspects would have been very useful to me, but would have made the enemy think more tactically about his attacks. It would slow those players that like to play fast down quite a bit and giving new and old players a better fighting chance.

Third, Air Force planes, Now, I do not have too much to say about this, but I would like to see some form of Cargo aircraft that can ferry troops from one airfield to another, and they can do it fast. The reason I would REALLY like to see this is because of many reasons, going back to the scenario that I talked about, I had a big problem about my troops too far away to assist the other divisions defending from the invaders, and by the time they got to the battle, it was already over. I believe that a lot of players would like to see Cargo aircraft put into the game because of that exact reason, troops too far away, or wanting to reinforce a province quickly.

Fourth, Naval units, again, not too much to say about this other than I would like to see actual landing craft that can carry 10 divisions into battle, they would only be allowed to assault beach provinces (duh) and would not have too much defense against other units. I only want this to be allowed with Marines, which I will get to in a little bit.

Fifth, Engineer defenses, These are basically defenses that you can build in a province, you would be able to select where the defenses go and they would be placed along that border of the province. What would come out of these defenses? Anti-tank and Anti-Infantry mines, Barbed wire, and Anti-Tank barriers. Each one would have its own special ability to defeat the enemy. The land mines would be against tanks and infantry, they would have a 50% chance to destroy the enemy, and if the mines didn’t kill the enemy unit, it will at least lower the units HP significantly. Barbed Wire just slows down infantry and doubles the amount of marching time and lowers the unit's HP by 10 points. Anti-Tank barriers, well, they slow down enemy armor significantly, no damage done to the unit, but it does give the player the ability to move more units into the area or evacuate the province incase it is not needed.

Sixth, Tank Camouflage, Tank camo is self explanatory, My idea about it is that it would hide tanks from air units that fly overhead, but once infantry move in the tank is discovered. The camo could be used to set ambushes for enemy units that might be advancing into your territory. How ever, the camo would have to match the territory, like if you have woodland camo on a tank, and you send it to a plains or city biome, the tank is not hidden from air units. Just some ideas about camo for tanks.

Seventh, Marines, The Marines are undoubtedly on my big list of things to add to CoW. Marines would have less time while embarking and disembarking and they can attack while disembarking from landing craft. They would have best effect in all provinces except, Cities and Mountains. My reasoning for Marines is because Marines were used quite a bit in WW2, they were some of the best fighting forces that a commander could ask for, the Marines in CoW could only be trained on ocean front provinces that had a Level 1 barracks, Level 1 Naval base, and a level 1 industrial factory, if you think this should be changed please, give me criticism about it. I am very sorry for the long post, but I think it was necessary.
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • Funske wrote:

cow is an awsome game , with a lot of potential , too bad devs slack or dont care bout adding new content
      Wow! Really?

I haven't been here long but I know 1 or more updates have went through. They just made in better for those using a touch display and there's talk about expanding to an app. Changes should be made slowly so as not to upset the balance of the game.
    • Nice suggestions.

The lack of AB is obvious, but for simplicity i would think they should just be made as a very weak infantry unit.

The absence of logistics (i. e. "supply lines") has also always been obvious. i feel CoW could be vastly improved by implementing supply lines (land, sea, air) which have to be traced to a supply source (the Capitol, perhaps?). Units which can't do so would get weaker by the hour.

AB, 'air cargo', and aerial supply could all be implemented simply by adding functions to the SAC units without the need to introduce new units.

The marines and/or engineer defenses sound good but might be beyond the scope of what the devs might want to encompass.
    • Nucking Futz wrote:

Funske wrote:

cow is an awsome game , with a lot of potential , too bad devs slack or dont care bout adding new content
      Wow! Really?
      I haven't been here long but I know 1 or more updates have went through. They just made in better for those using a touch display and there's talk about expanding to an app. Changes should be made slowly so as not to upset the balance of the game.
      Glad to see new players happy bout the devs work, but ppl been asking for a mobile version for like 1 year , and this version is still unplayble
      Last update with new content is probly the airplane carrier wich is 6 month ago if i am not wrong .
    • I'm Sleepless In Seattle wrote:

The lack of AB is obvious, but for simplicity i would think they should just be made as a very weak infantry unit.
      Except airborne troops were NOT very weak infantry. The American, British and German airborne infantry were elite formations that were often used as shock troops because of their excellent training and ridiculously high esprit de corps. What they lacked were the heavier weapons of a typical infantry division and their own ground-based motor transport. As a result, they were arguably weaker against armor, but stronger against other conventional infantry units. Even so, the American and British airborne had their own airborne light artillery and light armor.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

I'm Sleepless In Seattle wrote:

Except airborne troops were NOT very weak infantry. The American, British and German airborne infantry were elite formations that were often used as shock troops because of their excellent training and ridiculously high esprit de corps. What they lacked were the heavier weapons of a typical infantry division and their own ground-based motor transport. As a result, they were arguably weaker against armor, but stronger against other conventional infantry units. Even so, the American and British airborne had their own airborne light artillery and light armor.
      I believe that this could be accomplished by implementing some form of Light Transport Aircraft, which may or may not be accompanied by type-specific Infantry and Light Armor units.

Like Convoy units, these aircraft and the units transported by them would have little to no effective defense against Interceptors without being accompanied by their own Interceptors. They would be researchable at the same time as Strategic and Naval Bombers, and have a very limited capacity - no more than one or two infantry regiments or one armored regiment per one Transport; this would be upgradeable very slowly over time though the final form would still probably be limited to three regiments max. Probably capable of being constructed with Level 1 Airfields, though units would only be able to load into Transports from these same airfields. They would fly to a target point along a route or in a provincial city, drop their infantry and armored units, and then return to their airfield of origin for retasking. Transports would be capable of carrying Airborne Infantry, Light Tanks (see conditions below), and Commandos.

Airborne Infantry would be infantry with slightly higher attack and defense against infantry, slightly lower attack and defense against armor, and possibly lower ground movement speed. They could only be researched after Day 8, same as Commandos, and only in provinces with Level 2 Barracks, an Airfield, and an Industrial Complex.

Now, developing an actual Airborne Tank unit is almost completely unnecessary, given that a number of the existing Light Tanks already in the game were capable of being transported and airdropped - the Tetrarch and M22 Locust are the standout examples. But, to ensure that Transports wouldn't be abused to speed-spam Light Tanks right from the get-go, they - the Transports, that is - would only be able to carry Light Tanks after the Level 3 Transport is researched.

That's my two cents on Airborne.