Panama canal + Suez Canal control bonus

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Panama canal + Suez Canal control bonus

      The Panama and Suez Canal are extremely important in real life but are rarely considered of high value in call of war. They simply are almost never used except by the countries in the immediate region. To make them more worthwhile I suggest a cash bonus for the sides of the canal controlled by a coalition member or yourself. If I controlled Panama city and the province of David I would receive the large cash bonus(maybe 500% increase or more of the money production of that province) and if I controlled one side and a coalition member controlled the other we would each receive the bonus but only in the province we controlled. Egypts lone province on the other side of the canal would be rendered AI to avoid giving a huge beginning bonus to Egpyt unless they took it.

      I realize this idea has flaws but would like to add something to make the canals worth something. If anyone has any suggestions on how to implement it please post them here!
    • ShadowHawk5 wrote:

      The Panama and Suez Canal are extremely important in real life but are rarely considered of high value in call of war. They simply are almost never used except by the countries in the immediate region. To make them more worthwhile I suggest a cash bonus for the sides of the canal controlled by a coalition member or yourself. If I controlled Panama city and the province of David I would receive the large cash bonus(maybe 500% increase or more of the money production of that province) and if I controlled one side and a coalition member controlled the other we would each receive the bonus but only in the province we controlled. Egypts lone province on the other side of the canal would be rendered AI to avoid giving a huge beginning bonus to Egpyt unless they took it.

      I realize this idea has flaws but would like to add something to make the canals worth something. If anyone has any suggestions on how to implement it please post them here!
      I don't like this. They are pretty important already.
      "You can't break a man the way you break a dog, or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands." -Jackal (Far Cry 2)

    • Pablo22510 wrote:

      ShadowHawk5 wrote:

      The Panama and Suez Canal are extremely important in real life but are rarely considered of high value in call of war. They simply are almost never used except by the countries in the immediate region. To make them more worthwhile I suggest a cash bonus for the sides of the canal controlled by a coalition member or yourself. If I controlled Panama city and the province of David I would receive the large cash bonus(maybe 500% increase or more of the money production of that province) and if I controlled one side and a coalition member controlled the other we would each receive the bonus but only in the province we controlled. Egypts lone province on the other side of the canal would be rendered AI to avoid giving a huge beginning bonus to Egpyt unless they took it.

      I realize this idea has flaws but would like to add something to make the canals worth something. If anyone has any suggestions on how to implement it please post them here!
      I don't like this. They are pretty important already.
      Not really. The problem i have is that in real life they are of extreme vital importance to ships using them for long distance trade, in game they are not used for long distance invasions and are really only used by the countries in the general area of the canal to ferry troops or ships. I want it to be of extreme strategic importance to make it an active source of contention and conflict in order to gain control. I just don't really have any really good ideas to make it as I see it.
    • ShadowHawk5 wrote:

      Not really. The problem i have is that in real life they are of extreme vital importance to ships using them for long distance trade, in game they are not used for long distance invasions and are really only used by the countries in the general area of the canal to ferry troops or ships. I want it to be of extreme strategic importance to make it an active source of contention and conflict in order to gain control. I just don't really have any really good ideas to make it as I see it.
      Well, if you don't have any good ideas...
      "You can't break a man the way you break a dog, or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands." -Jackal (Far Cry 2)

    • Pablo22510 wrote:

      ShadowHawk5 wrote:

      Not really. The problem i have is that in real life they are of extreme vital importance to ships using them for long distance trade, in game they are not used for long distance invasions and are really only used by the countries in the general area of the canal to ferry troops or ships. I want it to be of extreme strategic importance to make it an active source of contention and conflict in order to gain control. I just don't really have any really good ideas to make it as I see it.
      Well, if you don't have any good ideas...
      I said no really good ideas, thats why I made this thread to brainstorm some, perhaps the canal should act like an embark disembark but with all units going through the canal, it would be significantly reduced if you or your ally controlled both sides of the Canal to say 30 minutes rather then 2 hours or something
    • POL4R wrote:

      I don't think they need to be any more important than they are, as the are major choke points that experienced players can achieve a winning advantage with.
      I blockaded the Suez once, killed about 45 divisions within 24 hours. It's pretty important.
      follow me on instagram @coopswithdahoops

      add me on snapchat @coopswitdahoops

      follow me on twitter @realCooperDavis

      yeahhhhhh
    • purplepizza117 wrote:

      POL4R wrote:

      I don't think they need to be any more important than they are, as the are major choke points that experienced players can achieve a winning advantage with.
      I blockaded the Suez once, killed about 45 divisions within 24 hours. It's pretty important.
      I've been holding Panama for like weeks and only allies have used it, got artillery naval bombers on patrol subs in the canal and noone wants to use it
    • ShadowHawk5 wrote:

      purplepizza117 wrote:

      POL4R wrote:

      I don't think they need to be any more important than they are, as the are major choke points that experienced players can achieve a winning advantage with.
      I blockaded the Suez once, killed about 45 divisions within 24 hours. It's pretty important.
      I've been holding Panama for like weeks and only allies have used it, got artillery naval bombers on patrol subs in the canal and noone wants to use it
      Lol, maybe no one uses it because it fulla your ships?
      "You can't break a man the way you break a dog, or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands." -Jackal (Far Cry 2)

    • Pablo22510 wrote:

      ShadowHawk5 wrote:

      purplepizza117 wrote:

      POL4R wrote:

      I don't think they need to be any more important than they are, as the are major choke points that experienced players can achieve a winning advantage with.
      I blockaded the Suez once, killed about 45 divisions within 24 hours. It's pretty important.
      I've been holding Panama for like weeks and only allies have used it, got artillery naval bombers on patrol subs in the canal and noone wants to use it
      Lol, maybe no one uses it because it fulla your ships?
      I announced that anyone could use it as long as they asked permission no one has yet to ask or use it
    • ShadowHawk5 wrote:

      Pablo22510 wrote:

      ShadowHawk5 wrote:

      purplepizza117 wrote:

      POL4R wrote:

      I don't think they need to be any more important than they are, as the are major choke points that experienced players can achieve a winning advantage with.
      I blockaded the Suez once, killed about 45 divisions within 24 hours. It's pretty important.
      I've been holding Panama for like weeks and only allies have used it, got artillery naval bombers on patrol subs in the canal and noone wants to use it
      Lol, maybe no one uses it because it fulla your ships?
      I announced that anyone could use it as long as they asked permission no one has yet to ask or use it
      Maybe 'cos they don't trust you?
      "You can't break a man the way you break a dog, or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands." -Jackal (Far Cry 2)

    • Pablo22510 wrote:

      ShadowHawk5 wrote:

      Pablo22510 wrote:

      ShadowHawk5 wrote:

      purplepizza117 wrote:

      POL4R wrote:

      I don't think they need to be any more important than they are, as the are major choke points that experienced players can achieve a winning advantage with.
      I blockaded the Suez once, killed about 45 divisions within 24 hours. It's pretty important.
      I've been holding Panama for like weeks and only allies have used it, got artillery naval bombers on patrol subs in the canal and noone wants to use it
      Lol, maybe no one uses it because it fulla your ships?
      I announced that anyone could use it as long as they asked permission no one has yet to ask or use it
      Maybe 'cos they don't trust you?
      I never break my deals...
    • I very liked your idea and completly agree,but the Suez Canal and the Panama Canal, not just those but also Strait of gibraltar (linking Atlantic Ocean to the Mediterranean Sea) and Bosphorus, also as many others are importan more for economic reasons than military since merchant ships use them mush more often than military, the military is there only to ensure the merchant ships to pass through. So if there were merchant ships or some kind of merchant route (not just the goods being teleported to your inventary), I m sure those canals would be important.
    • Correct, @AllexanderTheGreat56. But the problem is that CoW is not going to bother to change the economic side of things. They're just going to add superficial stuff, like new units, while things like economy and war in itself need a huge remake.
      "You can't break a man the way you break a dog, or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands." -Jackal (Far Cry 2)

    • They could make "trade routes" linking all the countries through the water, those lines woud be shown like dashed lines on the map, and who has ships on those lines would prevent the enemy to sell or buy, it doesnt require many changes. The more ships you have more you block, cause economic is everything in a war, even more important than the military stuff, the military stuff is only supposed to proteck the merchant.


      Pablo22510 wrote:

      Correct, @AllexanderTheGreat56. But the problem is that CoW is not going to bother to change the economic side of things. They're just going to add superficial stuff, like new units, while things like economy and war in itself need a huge remake.
    • AllexanderTheGreat56 wrote:

      They could make "trade routes" linking all the countries through the water, those lines woud be shown like dashed lines on the map, and who has ships on those lines would prevent the enemy to sell or buy, it doesnt require many changes. The more ships you have more you block, cause economic is everything in a war, even more important than the military stuff, the military stuff is only supposed to proteck the merchant.
      This has been suggested countless times, but they don't do anything about it, because they don't care. Then people like me, who were among the first to join CoW and the forum, go and play Hearts of Iron 4. No wonder the forum and the game in general is pretty dead.
      "You can't break a man the way you break a dog, or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands." -Jackal (Far Cry 2)