Is my enemy using Gold? Or do I suck?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is my enemy using Gold? Or do I suck?

I have heard this on the forum in the past. I am here to bring it up again. There should be a signal of some sort to notify the player that a unit or division on the battlefield was produced using the assistance of Gold. Let me explain why ,ill even use my current match as an example.

I am in a very even battle that is quite fun and evenly matched for the most part. As a stategist i enjoy how balanced the combat is and the different tactics that my enemy and myself are using to try to push the line. Although, to my dismay whenever I think i have outsmarted or outflanked my enemy...like magic there is another 5 divisions of something that most likely counters what i just broke through with....Did my tactics fail?!?!? Did my intel that shows the provinces empty for 3 days and no production in the area fail!??! Do I suck at this game!?!?! I really dont know , all i know is i just lost that battle....

As a gamer that is only 65% committed to keeping to play this game in the long run(hint hint) I wish there was at least a way that i knew those were indeed gold armies not just me dropping the ball on my tactics. This way I can say"OHHHHH shit well i did have him beat the bastard, but he used some gold to counter me...fair enough, lets continue this battle" ...but without knowing i say something more like this" Wow this keeps happenging...maybe this game is not for me"

Im sure others feel the same as I do who take great thought in there moves and than always get countered. I hope the programmers can add a insiginia for gold produced units and solve this. Just adding an insignia could add more character to the game and solve this problem without any negative results. AFter all, if i knew it was indeed gold i would not care, and maybe i would buy some too. But not knowing at all what is going on is not FUN not FUN AT ALL

-Prefector :tumbleweed:
    • To clarify...I enjoy the game and want to keep playing...but without knowing if I am failing at my tactics or just mearly facing a gold user I can not continue to adapt my play style and improve my tactics. If I cannot improve my tactics I will lose interest and stop playing. So please put some thought into this as your base fan base im sure is mostly people who enjoy the endless tactical play this game offers.
    • Sometimes a gold user is obviously using gold...very obviously using gold. Sometimes it is not so obvious...it is the times when it is not so obvious that count in this. That one division that won the battle that magically appeared..at least give us the dignity of knowing it was gold.
    • I agree, I don't think that knowing whether or not an enemy is using gold would really have any negative effects on the game, and it would be nice to know when someone is using gold against you. However, one of the advantages of gold is that if you are a committed user, you are almost unstoppable, and casual users can get out of tight situations and recover with the help of gold. I think that introducing a way to find out when your enemy is using gold could put them at a disadvantage, or lead them to purchase more gold to keep up with your newly adapted tactics. If the devs do choose to ad this, it will most certainly set a finer line between gold players and non gold users.
      玛 POLAR
    • having a notification if something has been created by gold could lead to more players complaining about someone that uses gold.

"The denunciation of Gold and/or High Command and its users is not permitted and leads to an immediate one time warning in any game. (The use of Gold is an explicit part of the game and is NOT a form of cheating). The same applies to the premium account."

yes, there's already a notification in spies for when the enemy use gold to some things but wouldn't be the same to be public for everyone and if this happens, some players maybe get less confidence to keep paying for gold

however, it would have sense to add something like that due to already having an icon if a player is HC
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli
    • nemuritor98_ wrote:

having a notification if something has been created by gold could lead to more players complaining about someone that uses gold.

"The denunciation of Gold and/or High Command and its users is not permitted and leads to an immediate one time warning in any game. (The use of Gold is an explicit part of the game and is NOT a form of cheating). The same applies to the premium account."

yes, there's already a notification in spies for when the enemy use gold to some things but wouldn't be the same to be public for everyone and if this happens, some players maybe get less confidence to keep paying for gold

however, it would have sense to add something like that due to already having an icon if a player is HC
      If a player's character is one to complain about a enemy using gold, they will complain and quite the game regardless if the person using gold is openly visible or not. Afterall, if complaining about gold is there character this game will not be fun for them in the long run so they will move on.

In the best interest, openly showing that the person is using gold will only add security to the minds of those facing them and if anything would help a player like this except the odds and keep playing even thought they are facing someone who is now openly using gold. Think of there ego. To lose to gold is not so bad because you can tell your self "i only lost because they used gold".

The other type of character you will find in your players is someone like me...who may use gold if i get a special or something, but generally plays for free. This market, most likely makes up the majority of your players. We would feel much better knowing when gold is involved. In fact, if a player is comfirmed to use gold I may actually be inclined to spend 10$ to keep up if the match is a good one. The gameplay is great so if im in an involved match that im invested in and the battle is tight, if I see the enemy using gold i may quickly counter that with some gold of my own. Rather than sitting and taking a defeat and walking away wondering how i lost when i thought i had them on the run.

It is the open knowledge and open communication that is heightened by exposing Gold use. Open up the lines of communication and buying gold will be the norm. This will increase your gold sales. Promise.

If it is part of the game it should be open not hidden. There are so many people that would not hesitate to throw down to buy gold for a game. That is actually the norm in this new world of gaming. Look at the game Tanks on xbox for example. Tons of gold users! They openly drive the "Gold" tanks, so you know they bought them. Those tanks are bad ass and offer much to a invested player. Eventually if you want to play in the big leagues you have to buy a "gold" tank. I just bought mine for $50. If i never knew that everyone else did it, or if it was hidden behind them having some hidden perks that they bought with their gold with I would have never known to buy a gold tank myself. But the fact that it is openly out in the front made me buy one. Just look at Microsoft and how much money they are making right now.

I feel my position on this is worthy and just that is why I take the time to write this.
    • It would be a win for the developers and a win for us players. Make using gold openly visible in some badass way. Even if it is just a special "royal guard" insignia on those divisions bought with gold or something....In the papers you can put a note like "it was rumored that Gold was used to expedite the construction orders"

Do it and do it nicely
    • I dont care if my opponent uses gold or not or if i am notified. I go into every match assuming my opponent is using gold, this way I am prepared for anything.

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."Friedrich Nietzsche