Odds of an insurrection?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• VorlonFCW wrote:

But Yugoslavia has a high national morale average. The people of this province want to be equally happy, and figure if the leader of Yugoslavia can make his own people happy that he ought to be able to make them happy as well.
      I can tell you from personal experience and observation, y'all, that the rebelling province usually will not flip to the country with the highest average morale, but to the country with the highest morale in its provinces that are contiguous to the rebelling province.
    • Hmmmm.....
      I'll have to pay closer attention because I know Yugo was at a 3 territory separation from UK. And UK itself - although down to about 4 provinces - not even CORE! - kept popping up with revolts.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • Of course, then there are the cases of Valencia, Spain rebelling and flipping to Sweden, and northern Sri Lanka/Ceylon rebelling and flipping to Northern California, even though neither country had a province within several hundreds of miles of the rebelling provinces. When the provinces that are contiguous to the rebelling province all have low morale, too, then all bets are off and random things will happen.
    • Province Morale:
      16% = 83% (esstimate ground units with 21 hit points to get 0% rebellion)
      17% =77% chance of rebellion without a garrison (estimate ground units with 20 hit points to get 0% rebellion)
      18% = 71% (18 hit points)
      19% = 65% (17 hit points)
      20% = 59% (15 hit points)
      21% = 53 (14 hit points)
      22% = 47% (12 hit points)
      23% = 41% (ground units with 11 hit points to get 0% rebellion)
      24% = 35% (9 hit points)
      25% = 28% chance of rebellion without a garrison (7 hit points)
      26% = 22% (5 hit points)
      27% = 16% (4 hit points)
      28% = 10% (3 hit points)
      29% = 4% (1 hit point)
      30% or higher = 0%
      Note: Hit points are attack points except defense points for AA and SP AA

The post was edited 11 times, last by Lawrence Czl: added 21% morale ().

• In conquered provinces, I want the morale to stay at 30 or above. If it is 30 or above and stable, that is good enough.
      If the morale is falling in captured provinces is near 30 and falling, I will build L1 forts as needed. That is an alternative to building L5 forts in cores and cheaper.
      Sometimes I will move a capital. On 25 player map, I might move my captial to a more centralized location of my cores if a lot of my cores are far away from my capital. An example is Washington, DC is at the far east of the 48 continental states. So I will move it to a more central province with an IC. By centralizing my capital, I can keep more of my cores at a higher average morale.