Submarines do not prevent landings

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Submarines do not prevent landings

Another quick thread.

I stationed a submarine to prevent units landing at a coast.

i.e. When they reached the shoreline they would be engaged by the submarine and promptly destroyed.

The units consisted of 2 (level 2) medium tanks and 1 (level 3) infantryman.

When they reached the coast they were engaged by the submarine as expected, however the counter for them to disembark was still counting down.

When I checked on it the next day they had landed, disengaging from the submarine and promptly capturing the province behind it.

Sc: s9.postimg.org/63iu7ebrj/screenshot.png
    • I don't think the sub will engage immediately, there main purpose is to hunt down BB, or more specifically act as assassins againts isolated ships and convoys other than destroyers.

Since the sub is in stealth, I conclude subs are made to attack and not to defend.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • V1nd1cat0r wrote:

I don't think the sub will engage immediately, there main purpose is to hunt down BB, or more specifically act as assassins againts isolated ships and convoys other than destroyers.

Since the sub is in stealth, I conclude subs are made to attack and not to defend.
      In my experience my submarines automatically attack anything that crosses past them.
      They have done this against transports, ships of all kinds and of course other submarines.

I pressed it up against the coast, so when the transports arrived they engaged automatically, however they continued to disembark and eventually land - even though they were actively battling the submarine and losing morale at the same time.

Unless you can just sail away from naval conflicts in this game?
    • By putting it so close to the land you actually ruined your own strategy...once the disembark counter has begun units are landing, yes they'll take damage but they'll still land & once on land your sub can do nothing.

The same is true if you attack a landing army with troops, they will still continue to land, just take damage as they do.
    • Ah. Perhaps I am too used to supremacy then, where if you station a unit at the coast the enemy won't embark/disembark until the unit is destroyed (or they are). Thus you prevent the landing from taking place at all.

I'll note that for the future then. If the submarine is against the coast the units will glitch into disembarking mode even when being attacked.