The New Millennium RP (Remastered!)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The New Millennium RP (Remastered!)

Hello everyone! Awhile back I launched an RP called "The New Millennium".

THE ROLEPLAY WILL BE OPEN TO PUBLIC OCTOBER 7th, APPLICATIONS CAN STILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE!

THE ROLEPLAYING WONT START UNTIL ALL LANDSWAPS ARE COMPLETE.

THE NEW MILLENNIUM RP:

Created by: Vex03
      Help from: Jhon Pete
      Admining from: Not a Communist
      Ideas from Mag, thanks pal!

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU REVERT TO THIS THREAD FOR RULE CHANGES, ADDED FEATURES, ETC. IT WILL CHANGE CONSTANTLY!

Start Date:
      -June 1st, 2000

Everyday = 1 month in-game

Map:
      -100 player map reserved.

List of Available Nations: [/u]

NOTE: Nations in black are available.
      NOTE: Nations in Red are taken.
      NOTE: Green symbolizes admin for the match.

-Admin for the Roleplay -

-China- Taken (web4)
      -India
      -United States- Taken (ww2history)

-Indonesia - Taken (Rekwanze)
      -Brazil - Taken (Purplepizza)

-Russia - Taken (Lord Asher)
      -Pakistan - Taken (Patton789)
      -Bangladesh
      -Japan - Taken (Bluephantom)
      -Mexico
      -Germany* - Taken (Vex03)
      -Vietnam *
      -Philippines - Taken (D4VY)
      -Egypt *
      -Turkey *
      -Iran - Taken (POL4R)
      -Thailand
      -France - Taken ( Arstotzka1)
      -United Kingdom - Taken (Oceanhawk)
      -Italy - Taken (Bacon230)
      -Burma - Taken (MuffinMn)

-Ukraine
      -South Korea - Taken (Nathan the Warrior)

-Spain - Taken (Witch-King)
      -Poland- Taken (GreatBigHippo)
      -Canada- Taken (Mkmach7)

-Afghanistan
      -Iraq - Taken (ChewCoo)
      -Malaysia
      -Saudi-Arabia - Taken (Jhon pete)
      -Taiwan
      -North Korea - Taken - (amosisboss)
      -Romania *
      -Australia - Taken (Vangone)
      -Syria - Taken (Alpharunner)

-Cuba *
      -Greece*
      -Portugal - Taken (Fenrir)
      -Czech Republic - Taken (Prof. Communism)
      -Yugoslavia - Taken (King Draza)

-Sweden*
      -Israel - Taken (Ay Blinkin)
      -Papua New Guinea
      -Denmark - Taken (Drake)
      -Finland *
      -Norway*
      -United Arab Emirates
      -New Zealand
      -Democratic Republic of Congo
      -Republic of Congo
      -Uganda
      -Somalia (transitional government formed)
      -Tajikistan
      -Slovakia
      -Ireland*
      -Morocco *
      -Algeria
      -Libya*
      -Ethiopia*
      -Mongolia*
      -Argentina - Taken (Hungry)
      -La-Ida

(spoof of Al-Qaeda due to Bytro’s terms and service)

*- Symbolizes if country is playable by default

Disclaimer: La-Ida is a fictional group needed to truly depict the early 2000's and the war on terror. The state is loosely based off of Al-Qaeda. Selecting this state does not subject any player to ties, sympathy, or support with the group. Simply for roleplaying purposes. Personally, I am extremely conflicted on adding this into the game, but I want to make a good Roleplay.

RULES:

1. No land grabbing

Definition of land grabbing:

"Landgrabbing" is something that all RPers hate. It's pretty much just invading a nation for no reason at all except for land. For example, if say France were to attack the UK and invade them just because they wanted the UK's land, that'd be land grabbing. You must have a reason for war, which preferably you will build up over a few days atleast. However mass expansion is not advised, considering the time period, the days of large scale invasions are more or less over.

2. No Gold use, we promote equal gameplay experience income set aside.

3. No trolling

4. Must post everyday in World Herald! Posts must exceed or be equal to 1 well written paragraph.

5. Must ALWAYS STAY IN CHARACTER!

6. Must make all decisions based off a reasonable decision your country would make in real life during that time period. (2000)

7. You must have a legitimate reason for war! ALWAYS resort to diplomacy first.

8. AI’s will not be attacked. You may also not attack through AI nations.

9. NO “FIGHTING TO DEATH”, if you feel like you've lost the war, you must surrender and comply to the demands of the country who was victorious.

10. Do not escalate situations fast for conflict.

11. No intentionally targeting nations leaders unless it is roleplayed. Must be a good reason to target them.

Legitimate reasons for war should be common sense in this community. If you lack common sense, please refer to an admin of the game (myself) and he will guide you in the right direction.

Note: Failure to follow rules will result in extermination from the game.

War:

As many other Roleplay creators, I like to classify wars into a few categories…

Skirmishes-
      Skirmishes occur over a short period of time about little conflicts. No more than one province can be captured during a Skirmish, unless it turns into a minor/major/World war.

Minor War-
      Minor Wars occur with 1-3 countries. During a minor war, only up to 3 provinces can be taken per nation in war. Unless it is turned into a major/World war

Major War-
      Major Wars occur when anywhere from 3-4 minor/secondary powers engage in a war. These wars are considered far more serious and up to 5 provinces can be captured per nation in the war. Unless turned into a World War.

Word War-
      World wars are the most serious of all wars. Involves 4 MAJOR powers, with at least one major power opposing. During a world war, up to 10 provinces can be taken by the victorious faction. (Exception: Unless victors choose to create a vassal/puppet/etc.)

Note: PLEASE do NOT escalate conflicts into world wars with ease. Example, Skirmishes should not instantly turn into world wars.

Features:

Leader Feature:

This roleplay will incorporate a new feature that i am testing out.

Every country must have 1 Milita, that 1 Milita unit respresents the head of your state. (Your leader) he can travel around your country, but isn't require to attend every meeting. You can roleplay him in the newspaper going around the world, due to unrealistic travel times.

Rules on Nuclear Weapons:

Countries allowed to have nuclear weapons:

- USA
      - UK
      - France
      - Russia
      - China
      - India
      - Pakistan
      - Israel
      - North Korea (later in the game)
      - Iran (later in the game

ALSO NOTE NUCLEAR WEAPONS CANNOT BE SOLD!

Admining:

To ensure the roleplay thrives, and all rules are followed, this roleplay will feature an admin. The admin will be respected at all times, and will enforce the rules as needed. The purpose of having one is to make sure everyone can have fun in a prosperous Roleplaying environment. (Admin for this roleplay can be found in the nations list.)

Factions:

This Roleplay will include all factions (that are important to the Roleplay) by default.

NATO:

NATO or North Atlantic Treaty Org. members by default are as follows;

NATO-
      The United States of America
      The United Kingdom
      Portugal
      Norway
      Netherlands
      Luxembourg
      Italy
      Iceland
      France
      Denmark
      Canada
      Belgium
      Greece
      Turkey
      Germany
      Spain
      Czech Republic
      Hungary
      Poland

NATO’s essential purpose is to safeguard the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.

European Union (EU)-
      The EU’s (European Union) members are as follows;

Austria
      Belgium
      Denmark
      Finland
      France
      Germany
      Greece
      Ireland
      Italy
      Luxembourg
      Netherlands
      Portugal
      Spain
      Sweden
      The United Kingdom

The fundamental purposes of the European Union are to promote greater social, political and economic harmony among the nations of Western Europe. The EU reasons that nations whose economies are interdependent are less likely to engage in conflict.

United Nations (UN)-
      The United Nations (UN) will feature all countries as members. For simplicity reasons.

UNSC (UN Security Council)
      All votes to take any sort of action can be vetoed by any of the permanent members of the UNSC, those members are as follows...

-United States
      -Russia
      -France
      -United Kingdom
      -China

The central purposes for which the U.N. was established -- to maintain international peace and security; to foster cooperation in solving international economic, social, cultural, and humanitarian problems; to promote respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms; to develop friendly relations among nations

Tech Tree:

A Tech tree restricts certain nations from getting certain technology, that would be considered "unrealistic" given the time period.

Tech Tree link:

docs.google.com/document/d/17M…tVCk2xwYKBqZooyjTC_g0lMZs

Landswap Map:

The landswap map has been released! You can locate that at the bottom of the thread.! Had trouble putting it in here :D cheers, thanks to jhon pete for the help.

------------------------------------------------------

Application:

Required *

*Player Name:

Skype Name: (only needs to be entered if you want to join the skype group chat)

*Leader Name (as of June 1st, 2000):

*Country you wish to play as:

*Example of ability to RP (1-2 paragraphs):

*I agree to comply with all current and future rules: (Yes/No)

*I will make decisions true to the country I have selected (Yes/No)

*I agree to stay active through all events in the game: (Yes/No)

*I agree to stay in character at all times: (Yes/No)

*I understand all current (and future) information of this forum post: (Yes/No)

Question: (Yes, ask it/No!)

------------------------------------------------------
      CHEERS everyone !

PLEASE recruit, the faster we get spots filled up, the faster we can start Roleplaying!

Target start date is early October :)

Thank you !
      Images
      • IMG_6651.PNG

708.11 kB, 1,262×420, viewed 4,990 times
      Make America Great Again.

#Trump2016

The post was edited 53 times, last by vex03 ().

• I will join once some of my other games wrap up, however don't you think that the nation list needs to be trimmed a bit? Who is going to join as the United Arab Emirates, Botswana, or Tajikistan? Perhaps these countries could be unplayable, controlled by the computer, but still need an RP to attack, and other countries who are "allies" with these countries can come to their defence.
    • i'll apply now I geuss

Application:

Player Name: Mkmach7

Leader: Jean Chretein

As the world enters a new millennium, the country of Canada looks bravely into the unknown that it holds. The Cold War has recently drawn to an end, and the independence of many countries has been returned to them. Yet, in the middle East and Africa, conflict brews as it so often has over the past years, with dictatorships toppling down, and rebels running rampant. In Canada, the economy must be upkeept, and our military alliance with the United States and the countries must not fail nor halter, as we strive to bring democracy to the world for a better future. (this paragraph is relatively short, since I'm short on time)

will follow rules: yes

will make actions that make sense for my country: yes

will stay active: yes

will stay in character: yes

understand forum info: yes
    • Mkmach7 wrote:

1. I will join once some of my other games wrap up, however don't you think that the nation list needs to be trimmed a bit? Who is going to join as the United Arab Emirates, Botswana, or Tajikistan? Perhaps these countries could be unplayable, controlled by the computer, but still need an RP to attack, and other countries who are "allies" with these countries can come to their defence.

I see what you are saying. Countries like UAE though, were important. I definitely plan on cutting down the list a bit, but I want to give everyone a large variety to choose from, and if they don't get joined as, I like your idea of them being unplayable, but still being able to be RP atttacked.

Thank you for the suggestion friend.

Mkmach7 wrote:

i'll apply now I geuss

Application:

Player Name: Mkmach7

Leader: Jean Chretein

As the world enters a new millennium, the country of Canada looks bravely into the unknown that it holds. The Cold War has recently drawn to an end, and the independence of many countries has been returned to them. Yet, in the middle East and Africa, conflict brews as it so often has over the past years, with dictatorships toppling down, and rebels running rampant. In Canada, the economy must be upkeept, and our military alliance with the United States and the countries must not fail nor halter, as we strive to bring democracy to the world for a better future. (this paragraph is relatively short, since I'm short on time)

will follow rules: yes

will make actions that make sense for my country: yes

will stay active: yes

will stay in character: yes

understand forum info: yes
      in addition, you are accepted as Canada !

#Trump2016
    • Player Name: GreatbigHippo

Leader Name (as of June 1st, 2000): Aleksander Kwaśniewski

Country you wish to play as: Poland

Example of ability to RP (1-2 paragraphs):

"This is another day of solemn decision in France’s history and of memorable events destined to give a new course to the history of the world.
      The Central Powers, Austria-Hungary and Germany, ever closely linked, participate from today on the side of murder and aggression against us.
      Our alliance with Russia forces us to send over 200 regiments of brave men to fight for our cause against Germany.
      No one wanted an extension of this conflict.
      But one man, one man only, a real tyrannical dictator, through a series of infinite provocations, betraying with a supreme fraud the population of his country, wanted the war and had prepared for it day by day with diabolical obstinacy.
      I say to you, and you will understand, that it is a privilege to fight with them.
      Today, the Triple Entente, with the plenitude of its forces and its moral and material resources, is a formidable instrument for the war and a certainty for victory.
      Tomorrow, the Entente will become an instrument of just peace between the peoples.
      Once more arise and be worthy of this historical hour!
      Vive la France!"

I agree to comply with all current and future rules: Yes

I will make decisions true to the country I have selected Yes

I agree to stay active through all events in the game: Yes

I agree to stay in character at all times: Yes

I understand all current (and future) information of this forum post: Yes
      Forum Gang Premier

you are a balls
    • Player Name: worldwar2history

Leader: President Bill Clinton

Example:

The USA, coming out of the Cold war, was a super power. The most advanced country in the world. The US, and Its allies in NATO and the UN, were ready for any threat. NATO was helping to make peace in former Yugoslavia. The UN was ,as usual, was trying to make peace in Somalia, who was war torn in a civil-war. NATO-Russian relations have been improving ever since 1995, right after the for sure fall of communisum. [Next will be an example from a newspaper that will fit the RP.]

The New York Times

Presidential Elections
      The Presidential Elections continue today with George W Bush winning over Al Gore by 10%! The Majority of the voters came from Arizona and Central states. This election will turn out to be one of the biggest blow outs in all of the elections since 1945.

The Police-Action in Yugoslavia
      NATO forces and air strikes pound the Serbians after their invasion of Kosovo. The Serbs claim that Kosovo is Serbian, but Albaina belives it is Albainian. There will be a cease-fire by the end of next week. US men will be retuning home as about 50 of them will stay.

Hope you get the Idea ^^

I agree to folllow rules

I agree to make actions that go historical with my country.

I agree to stay active for the whole game.

I understand forum info
      [/url">therpu.wixsite.com/homepage][/url]

ROLEPLAYERS UNION

PLEASE SIGN UP
    • worldwar2history wrote:

Player Name: worldwar2history

Leader: President Bill Clinton

Example:

The USA, coming out of the Cold war, was a super power. The most advanced country in the world. The US, and Its allies in NATO and the UN, were ready for any threat. NATO was helping to make peace in former Yugoslavia. The UN was ,as usual, was trying to make peace in Somalia, who was war torn in a civil-war. NATO-Russian relations have been improving ever since 1995, right after the for sure fall of communisum. [Next will be an example from a newspaper that will fit the RP.]

The New York Times

Presidential Elections
      The Presidential Elections continue today with George W Bush winning over Al Gore by 10%! The Majority of the voters came from Arizona and Central states. This election will turn out to be one of the biggest blow outs in all of the elections since 1945.

The Police-Action in Yugoslavia

NATO forces and air strikes pound the Serbians after their invasion of Kosovo. The Serbs claim that Kosovo is Serbian, but Albaina belives it is Albainian. There will be a cease-fire by the end of next week. US men will be retuning home as about 50 of them will stay.

Hope you get the Idea ^^

I agree to folllow rules

I agree to make actions that go historical with my country.

I agree to stay active for the whole game.

I understand forum info
      Really impressed by your articles. Good work, keep it up. You've got USA my friend. :)

#Trump2016
    • GreatbigHippo wrote:

Player Name: GreatbigHippo

Leader Name (as of June 1st, 2000): Aleksander Kwaśniewski

Country you wish to play as: Poland

"This is another day of solemn decision in France’s history and of memorable events destined to give a new course to the history of the world.
      The Central Powers, Austria-Hungary and Germany, ever closely linked, participate from today on the side of murder and aggression against us.
      Our alliance with Russia forces us to send over 200 regiments of brave men to fight for our cause against Germany.
      No one wanted an extension of this conflict.
      But one man, one man only, a real tyrannical dictator, through a series of infinite provocations, betraying with a supreme fraud the population of his country, wanted the war and had prepared for it day by day with diabolical obstinacy.
      I say to you, and you will understand, that it is a privilege to fight with them.
      Today, the Triple Entente, with the plenitude of its forces and its moral and material resources, is a formidable instrument for the war and a certainty for victory.
      Tomorrow, the Entente will become an instrument of just peace between the peoples.
      Once more arise and be worthy of this historical hour!
      Vive la France!"

ah hippo. You'll make a great Poland :) accepted buddy!

#Trump2016
    • Player Name:web 4

Leader Name:Jiang Zemin

Country you wish to play as: China

As the twenty first century starts out china and its government has three goals: pollution rates, population size and growing the economy. As having the biggest population and some of the most pollution in he world they don't know how the future is going to play out,but they plan to be a super power and be the number one leading anti-pollution country in the world by twenty-sixteen. Starting with limiting pollution and gaining more influence in southeast asia. Hopefully to gain better relations with the United States and the Russian Federation.But nobody knows the future so we all will just have to see it play out through our eyes.

• Mkmach7 wrote:

Will there be any sort of unit tech trees or research restraints? I'm sure that any would be similar to the modern 2015 RP, and that tech tree would serve well if tweaked a bit
      Yes indeed. I am actually in the process asking magnum if I can use his tech Tree. From there I will be tweaking some things :)

#Trump2016
    • Player name: Lord Asher

Leader name: Fernando Henrique Cardaso

Example: At the halfway point of the first year of new millenium, the nation of Brazil find it'self in a situation of declining inequality and a point of emergence. Emerging as the Industrial powerhouse of South America, Brazil's economy slowly creeps forwards with the Social Democrat party in place. Can it rise to a worldwide superpower, or will it be reduced to rubble?

Rules: Yes to all!
    • hPlayer Name:web 4

web 4 wrote:

Leader Name:Jiang Zemin

Country you wish to play as: China

As the twenty first century starts out china and its government has three goals: pollution rates, population size and growing the economy. As having the biggest population and some of the most pollution in he world they don't know how the future is going to play out,but they plan to be a super power and be the number one leading anti-pollution country in the world by twenty-sixteen. Starting with limiting pollution and gaining more influence in southeast asia. Hopefully to gain better relations with the United States and the Russian Federation.But nobody knows the future so we all will just have to see it play out through our eyes.

good example article. China is yours my friend. You got a big role :)

#Trump2016
    • Lord Asher wrote:

Player name: Lord Asher

Leader name: Fernando Henrique Cardaso

Example: At the halfway point of the first year of new millenium, the nation of Brazil find it'self in a situation of declining inequality and a point of emergence. Emerging as the Industrial powerhouse of South America, Brazil's economy slowly creeps forwards with the Social Democrat party in place. Can it rise to a worldwide superpower, or will it be reduced to rubble?

Rules: Yes to all!
      I like what I see, therefore accepted ! Thanks for applying ! :)

#Trump2016
    • Lord Asher wrote:

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.
      :) As am I, friend.

There's only more reasons to get excited, as I am CONSTANTLY adding features, rules, etc to make it the best Roleplay it can be :)

Make sure you check it out every once and awhile for those changes ^

The faster we get people the faster we can start :)

Cheers Asher!

#Trump2016