The New Millennium RP (Remastered!)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I never applied to a Roleplay....welp, I will try to be as "good as I can"

player name- Draza Mihajlovic. (the Dot is included)

I have no Skype account....

(known) president of the country: Slobodan Milosevic

The country you want to play as: Yugoslavia

"Hello, my name is Slobodan Milosevic, and I am the president of federal republic of Yugoslavia, After the horrific events in1991-1999, I got elected as the president in 1997, today, we are trying to stabilize the regions unity. Yugoslavia's economy got weaken a lot, and i am trying to fix this, but it wont be easy. I am open towards cooperation with all European countries, my primary goal is to keep Yugoslavia united, to stabilize its economy and unity, to industrialize it, to make it a strong country, maybe even a world power! of course, i am not expecting too much from this small country, but i will try my best to make the life of my citizens better." (this is the best i could....)

-i will respect all the rules

-i will do realistic and diplomatic decisions for my country

-i will stay active thru all the game events (i check CoW every day at least once...)

-i agree to stay in the character at all times

-question: Will the map have the borders of 2000?
      This player may have been reactivated in October 27th 2017
    • King Draza Mihajlovic wrote:

I never applied to a Roleplay....welp, I will try to be as "good as I can"

"Hello, my name is Slobodan Milosevic, and I am the president of federal republic of Yugoslavia, After the horrific events in1991-1999, I got elected as the president in 1997, today, we are trying to stabilize the regions unity. Yugoslavia's economy got weaken a lot, and i am trying to fix this, but it wont be easy. I am open towards cooperation with all European countries, my primary goal is to keep Yugoslavia united, to stabilize its economy and unity, to industrialize it, to make it a strong country, maybe even a world power! of course, i am not expecting too much from this small country, but i will try my best to make the life of my citizens better." (this is the best i could....)

-i will stay active thru all the game events (i check CoW every day at least once...)

Accepted! I do think you'll fit perfect in the RP community!

And yes, the map will have borders as of the year 2000. I am working on a map right now, setting the borders :D cheers !
      Make America Great Again.

#Trump2016
    • Some concerns I have regarding this RP:

- If somebody does become a troll (which happens very commonly in RPs) how can you combat it? I'd personally suggest creating a form of "Admin Army" perhaps using a larger AI nation ( or even your own) to do this. You'd have to start a week or so earlier than anybody else ofcourse, however if you had a army vastly superior to anybody else you could defeat anybody in the game.

- The Community is relatively inexperienced when it comes to RPing, I assume for a lot of people in this RP currently that this will be their first major, proper RP. Perhaps we should should educate them on the norms of RPing? This would avoid major confusion in the RP, a better description of land grabbing etc may be useful.
    • vex03 wrote:

King Draza Mihajlovic wrote:

Accepted! I do think you'll fit perfect in the RP community!
      And yes, the map will have borders as of the year 2000. I am working on a map right now, setting the borders :D cheers !

i noticed one thing. "Yugoslavia (taken by king DARA)" sir, you missed the R...
      another question: So, the states of ex-Yugoslavia are there?
    • Not A Communist wrote:

Some concerns I have regarding this RP:

- If somebody does become a troll (which happens very commonly in RPs) how can you combat it? I'd personally suggest creating a form of "Admin Army" perhaps using a larger AI nation ( or even your own) to do this. You'd have to start a week or so earlier than anybody else ofcourse, however if you had a army vastly superior to anybody else you could defeat anybody in the game.

- The Community is relatively inexperienced when it comes to RPing, I assume for a lot of people in this RP currently that this will be their first major, proper RP. Perhaps we should should educate them on the norms of RPing? This would avoid major confusion in the RP, a better description of land grabbing etc may be useful.
      Thank you for the concerns,

1- I'm doing my best currently to only allow those who I've seen on the roleplaying forums before. However I'm trying to get someone to do such admining. Worse comes to worse, I can do it.

2- I agree with your points here. I will work on making the rules much more in-depth. Also, I think it is most important for us as a community to also inform. So therefore, I always encourage questions by new members!

Thank you for your concerns.

If anyone is willing to help me, please contact me in a conversation. I got a lot on my plate for one person! :D

#Trump2016
    • King Draza Mihajlovic wrote:

vex03 wrote:

King Draza Mihajlovic wrote:

Accepted! I do think you'll fit perfect in the RP community!And yes, the map will have borders as of the year 2000. I am working on a map right now, setting the borders :D cheers !
      i noticed one thing. "Yugoslavia (taken by king DARA)" sir, you missed the R...
      another question: So, the states of ex-Yugoslavia are there?
      My bad "sir" :D the map I'm using to model Yugoslavia. It would be a lot easier if I released that LS map huh? ;)
      Images
      • IMG_6624.PNG

295.05 kB, 750×1,334, viewed 248 times

#Trump2016
    • vex03 wrote:

John pete1 wrote:

prntscr.com/cmcejx

this is wot im recommending, though i wont take this as the officially unless the mod says so

John pete1 wrote:

prntscr.com/cmcejx

this is wot im recommending, though i wont take this as the officially unless the mod says so
      If you're wanting to, please do. It'd save me a lot of time.
      well there you go, thats the map
      How many regert electing the current US president, and if not, please, tell me why you havent yet, id love to here you, hopefully smart answer.
    • Couple of things, landgrabbing definition.

"Landgrabbing" is something that all RPers hate. It's pretty much just invading a nation for no reason at all except for land. For example, if say France were to attack the UK and invade them just because they wanted the UK's land, that'd be land grabbing. You must have a reason for war, which preferably you will build up over a few days atleast. However mass expansion is not advised, considering the time period, the days of large scale invasions are more or less over. However I'm sure you guys know this.

Rules on Nuclear weapons! I'm sure you're all aware that only countries with Nuclear weapons as of the year 2000 can build them. These countries are:

- USA
      - UK
      - France
      - Russia
      - China
      - India
      - Pakistan
      - Israel
      - North Korea (later in the game)
      - Iran (later in the game)

If you have any other questions feel free to ask however RPing is easy to pick up, just try and stick to realism and have fun and all will go well.

Also note that Nuclear weapons cannot be sold/bought!
    • Not A Communist wrote:

Couple of things, landgrabbing definition.

"Landgrabbing" is something that all RPers hate. It's pretty much just invading a nation for no reason at all except for land. For example, if say France were to attack the UK and invade them just because they wanted the UK's land, that'd be land grabbing. You must have a reason for war, which preferably you will build up over a few days atleast. However mass expansion is not advised, considering the time period, the days of large scale invasions are more or less over. However I'm sure you guys know this.

Rules on Nuclear weapons! I'm sure you're all aware that only countries with Nuclear weapons as of the year 2000 can build them. These countries are:

- USA
      - UK
      - France
      - Russia
      - China
      - India
      - Pakistan
      - Israel

If you have any other questions feel free to ask however RPing is easy to pick up, just try and stick to realism and have fun and all will go well.

Indeed! Not a communist is admining, therefore what he says has been approved by me and official.

Now with everything set aside, we need recruits !!

So advertise whenever possible !

Cheers everyone!

#Trump2016
    • You know, I like the occasional roleplay match. I usually stick to them long after most everyone else has given up or abandoned the match. But your extremely-elaborate rules are patently ridiculous; your strategic restrictions, nauseous; and your choice of game-play era, frankly, ludicrous given the game format and units available.

I'm sorry to have to write this, but I actually followed your link over here to check it out, hoping I'd find a match with committed players who will offer a nice challenge. I like creative writing and have no problem with the RP details when they are open-ended and allow for creativity to spring forth. But this match has way too many restrictions on creativity as far as I could see and the anti-growth rules are patently absurd.

The objective of Call of War is to fight and grow until you win. But your rules are insane for any serious gamer to want to go along with since it would make winning unbelievably slow and tedious. I don't mind a slower match, so long as it shows real progress. But your rules, as described, would promote serious stagnation and that is death in Call of War...both in-game and out. This is just too tedious and I would never want to join.

It's too bad, too. By making such overly-wrought details, you have probably pushed away a lot more willing and experienced participants like myself than you will ever earn. Maybe for your next RP match, you will take some of this to heart and make a more reasonable set of limitations so as not to turn away so many of us.

I apologize if I've hurt your feelings, but this had to be said. However, if you or others feel that I've exaggerated or misspoken about these points, please feel free to correct me and show me how I am actually wrong. If you or they can convince me that my take on this is seriously wrong, then I'd willingly join this match. But please -- you or others -- don't bother with "you suck" comments or other personal attacks and other nonsense that doesn't add to a legitimate criticism.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Diabolical wrote:

The objective of Call of War is to fight and grow until you win.
      Well, roleplay games (in CoW for sure, because I rarely observed them in other games) are the games where you don't want to fight and win anyway. It is the reason I never play them. It is probably more suited for people who are interested in replaying (or rewriting) history, writing articles and similar stuff. It is far from competitive game concept. But you know that, you play in PL already (which itself has few restrictions to make it more balanced).

There were in this game, of course, some scenarios which had some restrictions compared to normal games (like Zombie challenge game) which were still competitive, but those events are rarely hosted. So, to conclude, if you want competitive play, you stay away from RP games :D
    • Not A Communist wrote:

Couple of things, landgrabbing definition.

- USA
      - UK
      - France
      - Russia
      - China
      - India
      - Pakistan
      - Israel

So, since I will be Yugoslavia....is it allowed to attack States who illegally got independence from your own country?
    • Diabolical wrote:

You know, I like the occasional roleplay match. I usually stick to them long after most everyone else has given up or abandoned the match. But your extremely-elaborate rules are patently ridiculous; your strategic restrictions, nauseous; and your choice of game-play era, frankly, ludicrous given the game format and units available.

I'm sorry to have to write this, but I actually followed your link over here to check it out, hoping I'd find a match with committed players who will offer a nice challenge. I like creative writing and have no problem with the RP details when they are open-ended and allow for creativity to spring forth. But this match has way too many restrictions on creativity as far as I could see and the anti-growth rules are patently absurd.

The objective of Call of War is to fight and grow until you win. But your rules are insane for any serious gamer to want to go along with since it would make winning unbelievably slow and tedious. I don't mind a slower match, so long as it shows real progress. But your rules, as described, would promote serious stagnation and that is death in Call of War...both in-game and out. This is just too tedious and I would never want to join.

It's too bad, too. By making such overly-wrought details, you have probably pushed away a lot more willing and experienced participants like myself than you will ever earn. Maybe for your next RP match, you will take some of this to heart and make a more reasonable set of limitations so as not to turn away so many of us.

I apologize if I've hurt your feelings, but this had to be said. However, if you or others feel that I've exaggerated or misspoken about these points, please feel free to correct me and show me how I am actually wrong. If you or they can convince me that my take on this is seriously wrong, then I'd willingly join this match. But please -- you or others -- don't bother with "you suck" comments or other personal attacks and other nonsense that doesn't add to a legitimate criticism.
      Hello. The Call of War community has been divided for awhile. No doubt. While I do understand people don't enjoy the limitations but there are some that do. For example, some roleplays that have been successful are ones stricter than before. (i.e. Magnums 2015 RP, S1914 RP's, etc.)

While I do understand where you are coming from, do understand there is people who at the same time enjoy games where history is rewritten. I do understand that people do have different tastes, and I do intentionally appeal to those more interested in roleplaying, rather than total competition.

So yes, I do understand where you are coming from. At the same time, I don't think it's fair to say RP's as such are "the death of call of war".

Given there has been many successful RP's in more crazy era's , I don't believe this time era is any crazier then once again, Magnum's 2015 Modern RP, many colonial era RP's, etc. which all have been majorly successful.

If it doesn't appeal to you, I am sorry, however you must be open-minded and understand that there is people that enjoy this kind of gameplay experience.

If you don't believe so, I encourage you to check out S1914's roleplaying section and see the successful roleplays, in which I modeled mine after.

Although, I do appreciate your feedback. Thank you for making your voice heard, and I appreciate you stopping by to check it out.

#Trump2016

The post was edited 1 time, last by vex03 ().