Diminishing returns

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Diminishing returns

Ok maybe I hit a topic nobody really cares about, but anyways, let's try:

As far as unit stat tabs goes, once you hit more than 8 units of a category, diminishing returns starts to kick in (the units of that army will be less efficient for every additional unit of that same type).

Now what I experiance in the past few weeks is that those units not only deal less damage but they also take more damage, and I am speaking about a lot of more damage, like double or more.

I tested this by being attacked by 30+ units of the same type as well as with my airforces, attacking splitted in 2 parts and after those 2 attacks, attacking the same target again but this time combined which then was of corse weaker after the first 2 seperate attacks. But still my combined airforce took almost 4 times the losses instead of less than twice...

Maybe coincidence, but it happened 3 times... Is this working as intended? Because as I understand diminishing returns it should only effect damage dealt, not taken.

I am feeling a bit lost in this territory. Any reply or experiance of other players?
    • Officially, only damage dealt is reduced if your SBDE (what you call diminishing returns) is lower than 100%. However, over the time, I have witnessed multiple situations where units that had very bad SBDE (guy had 30 tanks in one stack) very receiving much higher damage that expected (in this particular case, guy with 30 tanks was losing 4-5 per hit from a stack that wasn't near as strong as needed to deal such damage in normal situation). Game mechanics like this are shady business for all players here, since it is not revealed to us how most of the things work in this game. Anyway, as an unspoken rule, try to make your stacks not so big because, as it is suspected, they not only deal less but they most likely recieve more damage when stacked badly.
    • Thanks for the reply Paramunac. That is what I experianced similarily. I never stack more than 8-10 if possible. I was just wondering if it was coincidence. My enemy stacked 29 light tanks and lost 12 of them in the first round against my minor force. So it looks that SBDE also works for damage taken - nice to know those supersquads are even weaker than we thought :)