Game Option to Remove Secret Tab

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Game Option to Remove Secret Tab

      Was thinking this would be something good for those who would prefer the game without the never ending rocket and nuke spammers. Seeing as how there were only 2 nukes in WWII and not 2 dozen it would be a nice option to have when creating the game to decide if we want the "special" items in the game.
      "It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time of action is past." - Karl Von Clausewitz

    • WayneBo wrote:

      And to take it further: Bytro should consider making 'secret' units a gold option.
      Mmmm, I don't think I really like that idea. It's reasonable, but 'secret' units also include commandos, railroadguns, and rockets (which were pretty common on the German side late in the war). Maybe have nukes be the gold option only.
      follow me on instagram @coopswithdahoops

      add me on snapchat @coopswitdahoops

      follow me on twitter @realCooperDavis

      yeahhhhhh
    • purplepizza117 wrote:

      WayneBo wrote:

      And to take it further: Bytro should consider making 'secret' units a gold option.
      Mmmm, I don't think I really like that idea. It's reasonable, but 'secret' units also include commandos, railroadguns, and rockets (which were pretty common on the German side late in the war). Maybe have nukes be the gold option only.
      I agree with @purplepizza117, instead of making all of the secret units gold only, I think it would be more balanced to only have nukes as a gold option.

      -If you are mad at rocket spammers, maybe you should try to get rockets nerfed, I'm sure many players would agree with you.

      -I also don't find a reason why AAA, Arty, and TD's shouldn't be in the armor tree. they are mad of metal and fire rounds of ammunition, something all armored vehicles in the tree do. Railroad guns are not OP because of there awful price and speed, commandos are limited because you can only produce 1 at a time.
      玛 POLAR
    • POL4R wrote:

      Railroad guns are not OP because of there awful price and speed, commandos are limited because you can only produce 1 at a time.
      Absolutely, and as a side note, I have only produced one railroadgun ever. In my second game. Commandos are pretty nice, though.
      follow me on instagram @coopswithdahoops

      add me on snapchat @coopswitdahoops

      follow me on twitter @realCooperDavis

      yeahhhhhh
    • BRDubbs wrote:

      Being decimating in a current game by rockets. Bumping the idea of having the secret branch of research be a game creation option! If other units are desired, it would be really nice if we could get the rockets and nukes out via some method during game creation.
      As much as I dislike the distortionary effect that rockets and nuclear missiles have on game-play, I seriously doubt that Bytro will ever consider doing what you suggest unless it is a very expensive game creator option tied to the creator spending a lot of gold at the outset.

      Given that our first-choice resolution is unlikely to happen, here's my advice for dealing with rocket-spammers:

      1. use the reveal-all-armies option for 1700 gold units to discover the present location of your opponent's rockets, and by implication where he is producing them.

      2. bring your own rocket, interceptor and tactical bomber research current, so that you can match the tech level and combat range of your opponent.

      3. enemy rockets can be easily destroyed on the ground; one of your rockets can easily destroy 5 to 10 enemy rockets; a wing of 5 high-level interceptor squadrons can easily take down 5+ rockets on single direct attack; a wing of tactical bombers on patrol can also be cost-effective against enemy rocket clusters if your opponent has not invested in interceptors and/or anti-aircraft units.

      4. with your own rockets, destroy the enemy industrial complex(es) and air base(s) where your opponent is producing his rockets.

      Keep in mind, that it is a lot cheaper for you to spam the rockets to destroy your opponent's rockets, industrial complexes, and air bases, than it is for him to spam sufficient numbers of rockets to destroy your ground units -- and to rebuild his destroyed industrial complexes and air bases. I've effectively used these tactics against rocket spammers on several occasions -- most bullies aren't used to someone who punches them in the metaphorical nose.

      Ping me via private conversation, and I will share some other tricks to make it more expensive for your opponent.
    • POL4R wrote:

      purplepizza117 wrote:

      WayneBo wrote:

      And to take it further: Bytro should consider making 'secret' units a gold option.
      Mmmm, I don't think I really like that idea. It's reasonable, but 'secret' units also include commandos, railroadguns, and rockets (which were pretty common on the German side late in the war). Maybe have nukes be the gold option only.
      I agree with @purplepizza117, instead of making all of the secret units gold only, I think it would be more balanced to only have nukes as a gold option.
      -If you are mad at rocket spammers, maybe you should try to get rockets nerfed, I'm sure many players would agree with you.

      -I also don't find a reason why AAA, Arty, and TD's shouldn't be in the armor tree. they are mad of metal and fire rounds of ammunition, something all armored vehicles in the tree do. Railroad guns are not OP because of there awful price and speed, commandos are limited because you can only produce 1 at a time.
      By that definition, a window is made of silicon and it separates two spaces, so it should be on the "mountainranges" tab.

      Actually, I thinks there should be a "guns" or "artillery" tab for AT, AA, and arty stuff.
      When the enemy is driven back, we have failed. When he is cut off, encircled and dispersed, we have succeeded. - Aleksandr Suvorov.