Coalition Victories - 100 Player Maps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Coalition Victories - 100 Player Maps

With the relatively recent introduction of coalitions into CoW (an awesome feature), it feels like the game's victory conditions do not always align with this new layer of encouraged teamwork. Primarily - on a 100-player map it is not unusual for multiple 5+ player coalitions to form across the globe. So essentially 5/100 players (.05%) can wage war and defeat 95 other players yet be barred from claiming game victory under one of the defined conditions (VP Points, 3 Remaining Players, etc.). This usually results in a work-around that involves certain members of a coalition/alliance agreeing to hand over their units/territories so that one of the victory conditions can be met. In the end it just doesn't make any sense and detracts from the fun of forging a victorious coalition - especially if you realize that even after defeating all your enemies final victory will not be possible.

I understand that there needs to be a limit on the number of victors, otherwise people could start gaming the system. But at the same time I do not think 3 players accurately reflects the scale or natural coalition size of a 100-player game. Very few coalitions have 3 or less players, and very few player alliances have 3 or less players. And so far in my limited experience with the game, the magic number seems to be 5. So to conclude - I would recommend that CoW up the number of players who can claim victory in a 100-player game from 3 to 5, and/or implement some sort of coalition VP score system. Hopefully I'm not the first person to ever recommend this :)