Map Maker

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Should this Idea come to Fruitition? 26
        Yes (23) 88%
        No (3) 12%

I am a great Fan of Call of War. Each Update renews my joy in the game, however, I feel there is one thing they could benefit with adding, and that would be the Theater Designer. The Theater Designer will allow players to design their own custom Scenario, from the Roman Empire, to the Cold War, to something that didn't exist.

The Designer has a few easy steps;

1) Design the Map Shape (possible use of image uploads with water / land filling tool).
      2) Establish Province & Country Boundaries
      3) Set Urban / Plains / Hills&Forest / Mountain Provinces
      3) Mark Playable Countries
      4) Tweak Starting Techs (opt.)
      5) Set Up Initial Army Placements
      6) Publish to the Personal Pool

Once Saved to the Personal Pool, players creating a game can pull their map from their Pool, and play it public. Players that play their map can rate the quality and balancing of the map. If the map reaches a certain rating, such as 1,000 Likes or something, the map could be turned over to the devs to vote on Officiating it.

What do you all think? I didn't make this thread as fancy as my others in the past, and I apologize for that.
      PhantomNiqht
      RPU Website Manager

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bluephantom956 ().

• I'm gonna get hate for this, but I'd actually love this so much. So much so, I'd reach into my bank and hand over money for it.

CoW has the ability to smash S1914 out of the pool and become the most successful only Browser game, and this feature would be incredible. The Community could build a map, plot out armies and techs: the Devs could give it over to Frontliners (like meeee) and then my lot could test it out.

All while this is going on, we keep in constant contact with the maker. We tell him/her the good or the bad, and allow them to grow as level designers.

CoW says it wants more community involvements, and this would be the best way to do such a things...but you know, we'll end up getting Crates again or something.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • nemuritor98_ wrote:

I like the idea of players being allowed to create test-maps but not how you exposed it.
      @nemuritor98_ I do apologize for the way I explained. I was very pressed for time when I originally posted it, so I'll make changes to how I typed it to make it better on the mind. Thank you for the honest input :D

TankBuster wrote:

I'm gonna get hate for this, but I'd actually love this so much. So much so, I'd reach into my bank and hand over money for it.

CoW has the ability to smash S1914 out of the pool and become the most successful only Browser game, and this feature would be incredible. The Community could build a map, plot out armies and techs: the Devs could give it over to Frontliners (like meeee) and then my lot could test it out.

All while this is going on, we keep in constant contact with the maker. We tell him/her the good or the bad, and allow them to grow as level designers.

CoW says it wants more community involvements, and this would be the best way to do such a things...but you know, we'll end up getting Crates again or something.
      @TankBuster I am glad you love the idea so much! I had an additional idea on the mechanics of a Scenario Builder: Players that see your scenerio on the New Games list will see a map with a ? as opposed to a map of the scenerio. Once a player has played your scenerio, they can favorite the scenario, where it is placed on their Favorites List when they create games, allowing a map to spread further, faster. What do you think?
      PhantomNiqht
      RPU Website Manager
    • Great idea!

It should also include modifying the tech tree and unit stats though (make some units unavailable, stronger, cheaper, available earlier, etc).

I loved Civ IV for this... the ENTIRE game could be tuned... Terrains, prices, stats, pics... EVERYTHING.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • beastyben7 wrote:

Well... Its a WW2 game, but the map would give the creator such a huge advantage, and he could just keep winning. or he could give himself the whole map...
      There could be a failsafe to that...

It will not allow any player to start with more than a set % of the map, which means it is much harder to cheat. All custom maps would be unranked as they aren't official anyways.
      PhantomNiqht
      RPU Website Manager
    • I don't know how many votes I need to gather on this poll before it can even be considered, but please do vote, even if you aren't going to comment on the thread (although I need the input so I can tweak the idea a bit).
      PhantomNiqht
      RPU Website Manager
    • Bluephantom956 wrote:

beastyben7 wrote:

Well... Its a WW2 game, but the map would give the creator such a huge advantage, and he could just keep winning. or he could give himself the whole map...
      There could be a failsafe to that...
      It will not allow any player to start with more than a set % of the map, which means it is much harder to cheat. All custom maps would be unranked as they aren't official anyways.
      "All custom maps would be unranked as they aren't official anyways."

I realize that it doesn't need a limit on the % of the map a player gets, because it wouldn't be ranked. That means they could just plain troll, and they wouldn't benefit from it. Not to mention that there could also be a dislike button, which can drive a map into the ground and nobody would play it
      PhantomNiqht
      RPU Website Manager
    • Bluephantom956 wrote:

I am a great Fan of Call of War. Each Update renews my joy in the game, however, I feel there is one thing they could benefit with adding, and that would be the Theater Designer. The Theater Designer will allow players to design their own custom Scenario, from the Roman Empire, to the Cold War, to something that didn't exist.

The Designer has a few easy steps;

1) Design the Map Shape (possible use of image uploads with water / land filling tool).
      2) Establish Province & Country Boundaries
      3) Set Urban / Plains / Hills&Forest / Mountain Provinces
      3) Mark Playable Countries
      4) Tweak Starting Techs (opt.)
      5) Set Up Initial Army Placements
      6) Publish to the Personal Pool

Once Saved to the Personal Pool, players creating a game can pull their map from their Pool, and play it public. Players that play their map can rate the quality and balancing of the map. If the map reaches a certain rating, such as 1,000 Likes or something, the map could be turned over to the devs to vote on Officiating it.

What do you all think? I didn't make this thread as fancy as my others in the past, and I apologize for that.
      Just realized that that places the map maker with the cool ability to landswap!

Finally, a way for us to be like all you cool elites (I am talking to you Game Ops ;) )
      PhantomNiqht
      RPU Website Manager
    • So maybe there could be a feature that you only get a certain % of the points than you would get in a normal game.Like have a limit around the number of cp's you can place on the map(around the same number as the curent maps).Once you first create the maps the % could be set low,like 5% or something.Every like that map receives brings the % up a little,until you get to a max%,like 25%,40% or something like that.Then an admin/moderator(whatever they're called XD) would review the map and decide to approve it or not.Then it could have another max% like 75-80%,so the default maps don't lose players or something.Just a random idea to throw out there.
    • This would be a godsend for the roleplaying community. This would allow us to make insanely detailed roleplays, with no landswap. That itself would remove the need for LS accounts, an issue we have faced in the past. Then all we would need is ability to customize the leader and flag.
      I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
      A day may come when the courage of men fails,
      when we forsake our friends
      and break all bonds of fellowship,
      but it is not this day.An hour of wolves and shattered shields,
      when the age of men comes crashing down,
      but it is not this day!
      This day we fight!!By all that you hold dear on this good Earth,
      I bid you stand, Men of the West!!!