Start 100 Player Map with Peace Period

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Start 100 Player Map with Peace Period

Just interested in seeing what would happen if there was a human peace period for the max (14 Days) on a 100 player map, lol.

Let everyone go at it after 2 weeks of building up, bet it would be a much different game form the same ole same ole 100 player map.
      "It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time of action is past." - Karl Von Clausewitz

• That would be interesting to see but my guess is everyone would hit the resource limits (before 14 days) and quit. If there was a coalition limit to match there might be some political intrigue to compensate as players negotiate for allies.

That being said, what is missing is a realistic (political) way to create war situations... as it is now it's fight whom you like with no rhyme or reason. A more realistic WWII simulation would have some (required) political aspect/scoring/etc.
      Killings my business, and business is good!
    • Alphared wrote:

That would be interesting to see but my guess is everyone would hit the resource limits (before 14 days) and quit. If there was a coalition limit to match there might be some political intrigue to compensate as players negotiate for allies.
      That's a very good point, I didn't think about that.
      It's been a while
    • Alphared wrote:

That would be interesting to see but my guess is everyone would hit the resource limits (before 14 days) and quit. If there was a coalition limit to match there might be some political intrigue to compensate as players negotiate for allies.

That being said, what is missing is a realistic (political) way to create war situations... as it is now it's fight whom you like with no rhyme or reason. A more realistic WWII simulation would have some (required) political aspect/scoring/etc.
      This assumes that everyone will mass produce offense, smarter people will balance between building defense as well as those who do go full offense will look for weak targets with no defense. If you manage your infrastructure properly instead of spamming 10,000 TB's and light tanks you shouldn't run into resource issues after only 14 days.
      "It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time of action is past." - Karl Von Clausewitz

• ATownGtr wrote:

Alphared wrote:

This assumes that everyone will mass produce offense, smarter people will balance between building defense as well as those who do go full offense will look for weak targets with no defense. If you manage your infrastructure properly instead of spamming 10,000 TB's and light tanks you shouldn't run into resource issues after only 14 days.
      NO, that presumes everyone will produce - PERIOD. Defenses suck up resources just as much as Offenses, as do some buildings. Given that most, if not all, countries have resource deficiencies it is not unrealistic to believe such deficiencies will come into play.
      Killings my business, and business is good!
    • Like most posts in this area of the forum unless I say something completely wrong or incorrect about the game you probably wont receive any feedback from the staff so I guess we will never know.