Fall update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fall update

As we enter the last three months of 2016, I'd like to reflect on a post that me and a few others have made.

At various points we've spoke amount new units and new buildings, with players eager for something new and something to shake up the game balance. And frankly, that hasn't happened.

In July of this year, I made this post, and alot of people agreed with me. CoW was entering the crossroads, it could either carry on pushing the limits of a browser game and even possibly develop into a downloadable game (such as LoL) and prove to be a worthy successor and contender to S1914. The general view at the time was that CoW had to make its mind up- become the WW2/Cold war it was setting its self up to be, or stagnate and drift off.

So far, we've had none of that. Since that update we've had one new map, and the crates. THE DAMN CRATES, which happened two weeks before Bytro had to issue, what was in effect, an apology to the community about a lack of communication.

Recently, we had a contest over a new map which could be put into the game. So far, I've heard nothing of it. To make matters worse, the fact that it was a simple 'could' be updated into the game really annoyed me; why make the poll if you're not going to do it?

I became a frontline member about two months ago, and since then I've tested some new features which didn't need testing- including the full screen button. No idea why, but it seems F11 isn't needed anymore.

I said to a friend that paras and marines should be in the game by November, and my prediction doesn't look anymore wrong. The community is crying out for new things and lately the mood in these forums hasn't been a happy one. I'm not sure if its seemed that way for anyone else, but it has for me.

So tell me, how do you think CoW is doing? Do you think its stronger than it was July, or do you think no major changes have been made.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • I've played since July 2015. And if there is one thing i know about CoW and Bytro, it's that they really...REALLY space out large additions to the game. Nothing happened leading up to the World Maps being released. There was hype building about it, but nothing more. I think we'll see a major addition to the game before the end of 2016. Perhaps the para's and marines we've been asking for.
      “The day the soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded that you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership.” ― Colin Powell

"Dang it global." ― SniperDragon142

The post was edited 2 times, last by SniperDragon142: -Changed August to June -Changed June to July (It's late) ().

• Just had a thought:

I based this off Frontline Pioneers, and Think Tanks!

Community Devs!

Community Devs are a handpicked group that browse the forums, and design the mechanics for ideas with growing popularity. For example, Marines. The CD (Community Dev) can make a description, name, level system, research costs of the marine, and program its stats. What they then do is submit this idea to Bytro, where they either adapt it, or scrap it, (hopefully with a reason why).

While the paid Staff are working the official projects, the players not employed by them can pursue some of those side projects has scheduled for later.

Same works for adding aspects to the game, like designing a map editor (I used another thread I posted. A little biased) and then submitting it. This would help out Bytro do more, and increase community involvement.
      PhantomNiqht
      RPU Website Manager