Non-core Provinces --> Core Provinces

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Non-core Provinces --> Core Provinces

After say 30 days all of your non core provinces, a certain distance from your capitol will turn to core provinces. So If I am germany and I capture Austria and Czechloslovakia, 30 days after each province was taken they should turn into core provinces. Maybe once they change they should be at 50 morale, then rise to 100% just to slow down the process. Maybe the ideal range away from your capitol as an example would be from the German Capitol to halfway through Poland, then they can't change after that range limit has been reached.
    • I think something a little less drastic should occur... each day every province at 100% (or 90%+, or 75%+, whatever) morale should have a 'chance' to increase 1% toward core status - reaching core status at 100%. It makes no sense that provinces you capture can only ever be 25% productive - whether there productivity increases due to cohersion or increased liberty, it should have a chance of increasing over time - but slowly.
      Killings my business, and business is good!
    • WiseOdin wrote:

You're right. After a month, I know I'd be willing to work 100% for an invading country that captured me and ordered me to work for them ;P
      Nice sarcasm. /sarcasm

You must be replying to the OP, I did present a more reasoned response/system which - would only potentially increase production by 1% per day and even at it's best could only produce a core province after 75 days (which would not effect most games, unless all you play is RP's).
    • Alphared wrote:

WiseOdin wrote:

You're right. After a month, I know I'd be willing to work 100% for an invading country that captured me and ordered me to work for them ;P
      Nice sarcasm. /sarcasm
      You must be replying to the OP, I did present a more reasoned response/system which - would only potentially increase production by 1% per day and even at it's best could only produce a core province after 75 days (which would not effect most games, unless all you play is RP's).
      That could potentially work. The cap could also be changed in game settings, ie, players could set max non-core production to 50%, etc. The low non core production adds a lot of challenge into the game, and I personally like it. Makes food a nightmare in world maps, but that's part of the challenge or winning a map. To me, I like the parts of the game that make it hard, others would rather have things easier. An option in game creation for 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% max non core production could give everybody what they want.
      Free Time looks good on me
    • f118 wrote:

without penalty we would never see a 100+ days games.
      Do we really want that thing anyway? In more than a year I play this game, my longest map lasted for 50 days because I had to conquer world map pretty much alone and I do it slowly to avoid risky situations. I don't know about others, but I find long maps to be boring because that usually means that there is no action.

As for the real subject of this thread, making non core provinces produce more would at some point (maybe not at 50% production, but certainly on more that 50%) turn games to blitzkrieg style warfare like we had in map with the same name. Essentially, resource management would be non existant, barracks spamming would be important probably, we would see huge armies, more planes, people who are less active would get destroyed quickly (we know that with air superiority you can kill offline enemy pretty easy already). So, if non core penalty would be instantly smaller than now, that would probably hurt those who play slower or are less active and encourage aggressice and active play even more. It is just a prediction, but I think it makes sense.

However, if something between current situation and this proposition was suggested, perhaps it would make more sense (if not maybe improve the game). So, to either do what @Alphared suggested and add some progress bar for every province which would, when filled (filling would happen once per day with some possible random chance), turn that province into core, or (I am not sure if @WiseOdin suggested this, or just made a comment on previous suggestion) to make that random chance not increase the filling bar for turning province into core, but reducing the non core penalty slightly (like per 1% every time it happens). Perhaps some of those things could work, and it could be discussed, but would that be really (positively) important feature to add to this game, I have no idea.
    • I don't care if a province becomes core or not, but I understand the main issue here which is lack of resources. The problem is that upgrading non core provinces to better resources is counter productive and ends up not being worth it because of maintenance costs. most of the time unless you get very large their is always a shortage of 1 or 2 resources. perhaps granting a slow increase in resource production can be added, but never to 100 percent as that will give to much in resources. a minor increase of say 10 to 15 percent over time is reasonable.

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."Friedrich Nietzsche
    • WiseOdin wrote:

Depends on the country and liberators really if we're talking real world.

How about this then? Say from 75%-100%, each 1% adds back 1% of productivity, for a max of 50% in a non-core. No non-core becoming core, but something a bit more for that top morale (also a gold purchase incentive).

And to offset that... in core for each 1% below 50% is a negative 1%, again max -50%.

Because your logic in the above, would say that a home province that has just gone through major conflict, isn't going to be ready to be ordered back to work for you either. They have their own stuff to clean up.
    • WiseOdin wrote:

Alphared wrote:

WiseOdin wrote:

Nice sarcasm. /sarcasmYou must be replying to the OP, I did present a more reasoned response/system which - would only potentially increase production by 1% per day and even at it's best could only produce a core province after 75 days (which would not effect most games, unless all you play is RP's).
      That could potentially work. The cap could also be changed in game settings, ie, players could set max non-core production to 50%, etc. The low non core production adds a lot of challenge into the game, and I personally like it. Makes food a nightmare in world maps, but that's part of the challenge or winning a map. To me, I like the parts of the game that make it hard, others would rather have things easier. An option in game creation for 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% max non core production could give everybody what they want.
      That could work. But I am not suggesting 'easy'. I am suggesting 'compensatory'.

I play mostly 100/50 player - because I too like the challenge - but, These large maps can get unwieldy if you come into territory in the early game. That is... the new provinces take 100% of their required upkeep and only give 25% of their production in return. This effects your ability to build and produce. Now my suggestion does not change this dynamic, but it does compensate your early slow down by making it 'possible' that as the game progresses these new provinces will being to show little more worth then simply being victory points.

If you want a manual setting, that is fine and may even work for quick and dirty games. But, I know I have lost more then one game because there is a point after which you simply can't produce if you've expanded to far.

(RL; what would the point of war be if you couldn't stabilize your gains and make them productive?!?!)