Adding range to Anti air units.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I would like to add a couple points for consideration.

- an AA battery does not have range, in the same way a SAM would.
      - AA protected cities had AA batteries deployed all around the city to provide a broader area defense.
      - when the sirens would sound, AA would activate, and provide a defensive effect while the threat existed.

- currently, my understanding of AA in CoW is that its usefulness is when attached to a stack of units, to provide defensive value to that stack when under attack. This seems to be an appropriate use for that situation.

However, what about the AA networks for cities? How is that represented on CoW? I would suggest that it should, if not already, be addressed by city "fortifications". Perhaps later levels of the fortification building could add an air defense range for the city. The AA unit would in that case still be a point defense unit.

Another quick thought is that the "area of effect" component could be added as a special effect for AA stacks over a certain size, indicating that the AA is deploying out into a defensive network.