Chimere Colonel

• Member since Mar 9th 2017
Last Activity

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• BrutusTrump -

Do you have discord? It would work well for your commenters command.

• Chimere -

I have t, but I have no plan for new CC for a bit (holidays coming)

• MiloK32 -

Check out my war of the worlds thread! It cool! forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…43-the-war-of-the-worlds/

• MiloK32 -

whats your plans lord chimere?

• BrutusTrump -

Yes, what are your plans?

• BrutusTrump -

He has a lot of playthroughs and stuff here. zeitgame.net

• BrutusTrump -

Just type that into your browser.

• MiloK32 -

I've read that

• Claudio von Panjim -

Those are very good and detailed

• BrutusTrump -

You have exactly 1000 points.

• MiloK32 -

hahaha

• Chimere -

If some of you following me want to be a Korean pilot in the Korean War (a passive role, I am just taking name to avoid having to say Pilot #1, Pilot #2) and fight the USAF, drop your name on my Blog//Forum

• BrutusTrump -

I will serve my country.

• Chimere -

Well, you are in :).

• BrutusTrump -

If I die, it better be a kamikaze.

• BrutusTrump -

You've been doing playthroughs for 10 years! How many playthroughs have you written, in your best estimate?

• Chimere -

Around 15, maybe 20 - excluding my blog. I had huge gaps of several years from time to time

• MiloK32 -

finnaly got around to reading the yellow peril better than hde thread without doubt

• Chimere -

Ah thanks. Yes, I agree. I never met Human opposition while playing HDE, and the "religious" context fell a lot more flat than the "Yellow Peril // Black & Mortimer" story.

• MiloK32 -

can you make another call of war lets play

• Chimere -

I have plans for Call of War - even better than that.

• MiloK32 -

Also: Take Dehli! I give you 2 day to defeat the North Indians!

• Chimere -

Delhi is playable ? I can't seem to remember. If I did an AAR, I would go for Poland and try to conquer Germany, then USSR.

• whowh -

You ranked Starfleet Orion relatively highly! Is this the first time you marked something under as "would recommend to designer"?

• Chimere -

I recommanded Computer Bismarck as well. In general, I "recommend to designers" game with interesting systems that are not not found in modern games (in particular if they solve creatively a problem).
      Don't hesitate to ask question on the blog, that's really where I want to concentrate attention atm :p

• whowh -

Well don't worry I'm still reading it and paying attention

• BrutusTrump -

So am I.

• Karl von Krass -

Question, How bad was the resource outlut for non core Rss in the Dominican playthrough?

• Chimere -

Answer : Pretty bad, terrible even. I was OK with rare materials (it is cored) and with steel (single icon in core, but 2 double icons in Haiti and Cuba) for everything else I was dependant on my trade trick the first day, on trade with other OCM (one city minor) and on trade with Netherlands (who had too much oil). Oil in particular was terrible, with only one icon (or one double icon ? can't remember) in Central America).

• Chimere -

Note that I was maintaining a very small army as much as possible for this reason, certainly not "building as much troops as I could"), and upgrading double-icon provinces as much as I could.
      Also, check your manpower, once you manage to take off a bit economically it is what will pull you back. Upgrade manpower in your core from the very beginning, even in non-cities.

• Chimere -

I suspect you can be more agressive than I was on trading with OCM. I usually exchanged at 1:1 ratio, but you can probably propose 3:2 ratio or even 2:1 ratio in your favor, many players neglect the trade value of the resource they have the most off and will trade it away at pretty bad exchange rate.

• Karl von Krass -

So capitalize on carelessness, got it

• whowh -

I like the nukewar post in The Wargaming Scribe. Great theme, France v UK.

• MiloK32 -

you deserve a follow

• whowh -

Chimere deserves a lot but the least that can be done is a follow.

• MiloK32 -

yeah. I read the Holy Dominican Republic thread

• Claudio von Panjim -

That is the least chimere has done

• Chimere -

Now you guys & gals are embarrassing me.

• Claudio von Panjim -

Winning as a 1 city island, to mastering overstacking

• jefin b -

hi lieutenant colonel

• whowh -

How's your blog for strategy war games going? You mentioned it a while back in April and I wanted to know how it was going.

• Chimere -

It is barely starting but it is there, thanks for asking : zeitgame.net/

• whowh -

I haven't got an account for The Wargaming Scribe but I am still paying attention to it :)

• jefin b -

are you in the forum members game?

• Comrade genz -

Chimere

• blue44elephant -

how do you know I am in German?

• Chimere -

[snip for privacy]

• blue44elephant -

I lose my temper because people used to make fun of me and call me worthless. I joined service and got deployed but still get made fun of because they say things like: Enjoying your vacation? When are they going to promote you to civilian?

• blue44elephant -

and I was the only kid on block who didn't have that game so I would get mocked and that's the reason I try to get a few licks in on potential people on internet who I think might have played that game, so SORRY I told that your knowledge based on cod.

• Mao-Tun Shanyu -

Chimere