MontanaBB General

• Male
  • from Atlanta, Georgia, United States
  • Member since Mar 30th 2016
Last Activity

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• VorlonFCW -

I guess now it is my turn to ask if you are Ok my friend. Nearly 3 weeks without any activity. . .

• Pstomar -

Hi. Can you please explain your shoot and scoot tactic.
    Please

• Superchan -

Dear MontanaBB,
    I understand that you're a very experienced and active player of COW. Would you like to join my alliance called WAR EAGLES INC.? We are already seeking alliance challenges and we have a discord server. We have already invited you.

Let me know what you think,
    Superchan

• MontanaBB -

Thank you for the invitation, Superchan. I currently have one active game, and that's really all I have time to play at present.

• Superchan -

Oh okay that's fine

• Superchan -

But if you ever want to join an alliance the door will always be open for you.

• Pstomar -

MontanaBB is the best call of war player

• MontanaBB -

Heh. Thank you, that's flattering, but I am sure there are more experienced game players who have made the same observations and drawn the same conclusions as me -- and certainly know a few more tricks than I've learned.

• Odense Prince -

Hi MontanaBB.. I see you are almost the most user and player that are online/active. Can I get your support for the forum and the game?
    Thank you.
    Kindly
    Odense Prince

• MontanaBB -

How can I support you, Odense? Are you looking for occasional advice and information? If so, I am more than happy to help.

• mercedes1234 -

I saw you looked at my profile, is there any way that you can help me get my banned about back? The account name is Mercedes1234

• MontanaBB -

Sorry about that, M1234, but I am not a Bytro admin, so I have no more authority around here than you do. The "General" rank is pretty much meaningless; it just means that I've been around the forum longer than most. Listen to what VorlonFCW tells you; he's a sympathetic admin, and he knows his way around the Bytro policies pretty well.

• mercedes1234 -

I talked to him, do you think he can bring it back?

• MontanaBB -

Depends entirely on your circumstances.

• MontanaBB -

New avatar, May 22, 2018, USS Johnston (DD-557) at the Battle off Samar. If you don't know the story of the Johnston, her captain, Cmdr. Ernest Evans, and Taffy 3, you need to google it. Undoubtedly, one of the bravest, most gallant acts in the 243-year history of the U.S. Navy.

• ZoidbergExpress -

Thanks for checking out my profile, seems to me like you have one heck of a profile.

• MontanaBB -

New avatar, April 21, 2018: Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, the most decorated U.S. Marine in history. Puller was a battalion and regimental commander during the Pacific campaign, and was later promoted to general and division commander. He was the recipient of five Navy Crosses (and one U.S. Army Distinguished Service Cross) for extraordinary heroism under fire during actions in Nicaragua, Guadalcanal, Cape Gloucester, and Korea. Chesty is remembered as the Marine's Marine, and is often held up as the ideal of the fighting spirit and resilience of the U.S. Marine Corps.

• Colonel de Guerrelas -

Dear MontanaBB (67?)
    I'm french and rookie in CoW.

J'apprécie beaucoup vos discussions et commentaires sur votre Mur et Forum.
    J'aimerais faire plus ample connaissance avec vous et avoir quelques discussions sur différents sujets.
    Est-ce possible?

• MontanaBB -

"C'est possible?"

Bien sur, Monsieur.

Mais si nous avons besoin de converser en français, vous ne pouvez pas vous moquer de mes erreurs evidentes de grammaire, de syntaxe et de choix de mots. Cela fait trois decennies que je me suis inscrite a mon dernier cours de francais au lycee.

: )

• Colonel de Guerrelas -

Je suis étonné de la qualité de votre Français et personne ne vous en voudra si il y a quelques erreurs.
      Moi même j'essayerais de converser en Anglais avec vous et j'ai quitté le Lycée en 1970.
      Je viens d'arrêter mon activité professionnelle et suis en retraite.J'ai découvert par hasard Call of War il y a 3 mois et j'ai déjà fait : 2 games & 2 victories.
      I'm lucky.
      Have-you a professional activity now ?

• SomaliDutch -

How did you get into my profile?

• MontanaBB -

I clicked on your user name from the list of new forum members. Apparently, you had not yet set up whatever kind of block/screen/filter you now have on your account. Personally, I've never felt the need to filter my account information. Cheers.

• SomaliDutch -

:) cheers, I like you.

• MontanaBB -

We aim to please.

• JCS Darragh -

Hey MontanaBB, Are you in an alliance? No im not recruiting (wouldn't mind if you did join) if you are I'd like to start a challenge with your alliance once the Church of Saint Mattis is up and going.

• MontanaBB -

No, sir. I have never joined an alliance outside of an in-game alliance/coalition. A lot of the alliances make substantial time demands on their members, and I usually don't have the time to play more than one game at a time. I've also always liked the flexibility to make new allies in my current game, although I've had several repeat allies over the last two years.

• Deviant_Destroyer -

I need help

Me and a colleague played coW together on the same map over the weekend.

Today I got a message that it violates the terms of use.

I could now select my acc and the others were locked.

Can you make it so that he is unban again and get his worlds back.
    sorry for my english

• JCS Darragh -

Hey, MontanaBB, Do you have any Military Service? I was wondering since it appears most of your family served in the Military. If you did what branch did you serve in?

• SuomiHunajaa -

MBB, Sir - noticed with interest the VC avatar. I am curious - is there a family or personal connection?
    regards,
    SuomiHunajaa

• MontanaBB -

No, just honoring our English-speaking allies in a small way.

I was raised in a Navy-Marine Corps family, my father having served as a U.S. Navy officer in the Seabees during WWII and Korea, and two of my older brothers volunteered for the Marines during Vietnam. All three saw substantial combat, and all three came home in one piece, with no major medals and no regrets. The servicemen who receive the MOH, VC and the like often do so at the expense of their own lives. And the ones who survive are usually among the humblest men you will ever meet. To a man they will say "the real heroes are the ones who didn't come home."

• SuomiHunajaa -

I hear you. My grandfather fought in WW II and one of my uncles took a bullet in the shoulder (same war) . Never made a big deal about it. . Hm. Not taking anything away from those who were there - but does dying in combat -as a result of enemy action- make one a hero? I am thinking indirect fire, random bullets etc here. I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

btw - I am Finnish-born Australian.

• MontanaBB -

Two points:

1. Real heroes are often uncomfortable being recognized as something special when so many of their friends died, as many of their friends also did brave things for which they were never recognized.

2. The term "hero" is inherently subjective. Anyone who died fighting honorably for their country deserves respect.

• MontanaBB -

New avatar, March 7, 2018: The Victoria Cross, the highest medal awarded for conspicuous gallantry in the face of the enemy to members of the armed forces of the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. The simple bronze medal bears the inscription "For Valour."

• MontanaBB -

New avatar, February 18, 2018: The Navy Cross, the second highest medal awarded to members of the U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps for "extraordinary heroism."

• MontanaBB -

New avatar, January 25, 2018: The C-47 Dakota/Skytrain, affectionately known as the "Goony Bird" for its imagined resemblance to the albatross. Easily the most successful transport plane of the Second World War, the C-47 was a militarized version of the civilian DC-3 airliner. Before the war, Douglas produced over 600 DC-3s, and over 10,000 more C-47s from 1941 to 1945. The Soviets produced almost 5,000 under license, mostly using Soviet-designed engines, and weirdly, the Japanese produced another 400+ under license before and during the war. Over 16,000 of all types were produced in the States, Soviet Union, and Japan, and flew with every Allied air force and the Japanese, and captured examples flew for the Luftwaffe. The plane remained in service with the U.S. Air Force as recently as 2008, flying special operations missions as a close air support gunship equipped with mini guns, and over 2,000 remained in active civilian service world-wide as of 2013.

• MontanaBB -

New avatar, January 11, 2018: Iconic photo of the dome of St. Paul's Cathedral, rising above the smoke as surrounding London neighborhoods burned during the Luftwaffe's blitz of 1940-41.

• MontanaBB -

New avatar, January 4, 2018: The Purple Heart medal of the U.S. military, awarded to soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines who are wounded or killed as a result of enemy action. During World War II, the U.S. Army and Navy awarded over one million Purple Hearts from 1941 to 1945, and minted another 500,000 in the final months of the war in anticipation of the planned invasion of the Japanese home islands, which, thankfully, never took place. As of the early 2000s, the U.S. Department of Defense was still awarding WWII-era Purple Hearts to servicemen wounded or killed in Afghanistan and Iraq, medal and ribbon sets which had been refurbished to appear to be newly manufactured.

• MontanaBB -

New avatar, December 27, 2017: Lt. Col. Robert G. Cole, commander of the 3rd Battalion, 502nd Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division. Cole was awarded the Medal of Honor for leading a bayonet charge by his battalion against entrenched German forces during the Normandy invasion. Cole's Charge succeeded in securing a critical causeway and bridges outside Carentan, and enabled the tactically important link-up of follow-on troopers from the 101st with the 29th Infantry Division. Of his 265 able-bodied men, 130 were wounded or killed during the charge. Recommended for the Medal of Honor for his role in leading the charge on 10 June 1944, Cole was killed during Operation Market Garden on 18 September. His Medal of Honor was subsequently posthumously presented to his mother in the presence of his widow and 2-year-old son. Cole was 29 years old.

• VorlonFCW -

Thanks MBB, Finding my way around and trying not to do something stupid, lol.

Don't thank me for less spam though. I get a few but several others delete them also

• MontanaBB -

Good to know. I just hope that someone else other than Roko is doing all the spam-related work. It's not fair for it all to fall on one person to deal with it, and it was apparent that a lot of admins had simply reached the point of ignoring it.

• VorlonFCW -

Just sometimes it was a matter of a spam a minute until noticed. With enough mods checking and enough users reporting hopefully we can shut down an account after just a few, rather than a few hundred

• SpectatorGuest -

Spamming is bad.

• MontanaBB -

And spam bandits are BAD people.

• C379 -

nice

• MontanaBB -

New avatar, December 18, 2017: U.S. Navy Construction Battalions ("Seabees") recruiting poster, c. 1943.

• MontanaBB -

New avatar, November 27, 2017, is a photo of a young Lt. (j.g.) John F. Kennedy in the cockpit of his PT boat, c. 1944.

• Restrisiko -

Here should actually be a picture to see ..
    *We are still working on it ..*

• MontanaBB -

Unfortunately, I have never figured out how to post photos in member wall comments. No-one seems to know how to do it.

* sigh *

• MontanaBB -

November 27, 2017: First person to identify the young officer in my new avatar photo wins a cookie.

• injinji -

I think all the spammers we are finding are one person with many accounts.

• MontanaBB -

Or several related groups. There are sports link spammers, the weird Chinese language university spammers,and the exam prep spammers. Maybe I'm wrong, but the groups seem to be fairly distinct.

• SpectatorGuest -

Nations. I heard Russia has lots of accounts twisting online opinioun peer pressure tactics.

• injinji -

Yeah not the best place to talk about that.

• m1tanker632 -

BB I am in a 100 game we are now down to 2 AI and 10 players. What data are you looking to gather?

• MontanaBB -

Hey. Thanks for following up. I responded at greater length at the forum thread on point.