NukeRaider33 Master Chief Warrant Officer

• Male
  • from Edmonton AB, Canada
  • Member since Nov 17th 2016
Last Activity

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• NukeRaider33 -

It is Canada Day everyone. 151 years and counting

• Anders Hauch Fenger -

How do I beat the enemy-army of 9 Medium tanks, 10 AA, six infanteri, All gathered in one. They are approaching med fast. I have 24 TB's and 3 strategic bombers and 5 rocker fighters

• NukeRaider33 -

Stall and decoy. Use Anti-Tank and/or tank destroyers and split your TBs into multiple stack. Rocket fighters are useless in this situation, as you are not attacking any aircraft

• injinji -

Your new avatar is of a Lancaster Mk.II, radial engines give it away. :D

• NukeRaider33 -

more accuratly, it is the Crew of a Lancaster Mk II, coded OW-X, from 408 RCAF Squadron in no particular order: W/O1 C. McLeod RCAF, Pilot; Sgt Innes RAF, Flight engineer; WO2 A. Bjarnason RCAF, Navigator;
      Sgt L. Silver RCAF, Mid-upper gunner; and F/Sgt J. Lawder RCAF, Rear gunner. F/Sgt John Plemel RCAF, Wireless Operator and F/Sgt A. Stock RCAF, Bomb aimer.

• NukeRaider33 -

New avatar, the decorations of Air martial William Avery Bishop. Bonus points to whoever can find the Military Cross, Bishop's first medal.

• MontanaBB -

FYI, here's an article from today's CBC news about a U.S. Navy patrol boat that was launched at Buffalo and is now waiting at Montreal until the ice clears on the St. Lawrence Seaway . . . .

cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/na…-montreal-stuck-1.4497416

BTW, only the U.S. Dept of Defense would pay half-a-freaking billion dollars for what is effectively a corvette. Any other navy would get 5+ of the same thing for the cost of one of these.

• NukeRaider33 -

You know what is funny? Canada still has not updated it's icebreakers. Many of them are still from the late 1900's. No wonder we can't break anything out of our deep freeze.
      cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/qu…ard-aging-fleet-1.4476465
      On you other note, Canada has not bothered to even replace any of its ships for the longest time. We are still using Post- cold war subs.

• MontanaBB -

A well-built heavy icebreaker should have a 30 or 40-year lifetime with proper maintenance and refits. The U.S. Navy and Coast Guard operated the same 6 or 7 heavies from the mid-1940s through the 1970s and '80s, and a couple of the same ships served with the RCN and the Soviet Navy on a Lend-Lease basis. The Coast Guard, not the Navy, operates whatever we have now, and I think USCGS only operates two or three heavies, with the last one dating from the 1990s. I vaguely remember some discussion about building some new heavies during one of the defense bill debates 4 or 5 years ago, but I don't recall what the outcome was.

• NukeRaider33 -

Yes, but seeing as Canada has a reputation of buying the lowest grade, most outdated models for anything because they have cheap price tags, our fleet probably won't last as long as the American fleet. Canadian ships also have had a mold and mildew problem

• NukeRaider33 -

New Avatar: the Crew of a Lancaster Mk II, coded OW-X, from 408 RCAF Squadron in no particular order: W/O1 C. McLeod RCAF, Pilot; Sgt Innes RAF, Flight engineer; WO2 A. Bjarnason RCAF, Navigator;
    Sgt L. Silver RCAF, Mid-upper gunner; and F/Sgt J. Lawder RCAF, Rear gunner. F/Sgt John Plemel RCAF, Wireless Operator and F/Sgt A. Stock RCAF, Bomb aimer.

• NukeRaider33 -

I am creating a 1940 world Roleplay on the 25p historical map. if you are interested, please message me and i will send you the game ID and the password

• NukeRaider33 -

New avatar: Charley Fox, Spitfire pilot who strafed the infamous Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

• injinji -

Il-2

• NukeRaider33 -

does anyone know the name of that one good Russian plane during WWII? all I know is it started with an "I" and ended with some numbers.
    Thanks

• MontanaBB -

Fighter, attack or bomber? The most famous homegrown plane was the Sturmovik ground attack plane. It was known as the "flying tank" and influenced the later design of the American A-10.

• NukeRaider33 -

fighter. It was developed later on in the war. full metal monoplane

• injinji -

its the Il-2

• NukeRaider33 -

I think it was. thank you

• MontanaBB -

FYI, the Yak-3 was the premier Soviet fighter of the war.

The Il-2 was the Sturmovik, but it was primarily a ground attack plane.

• MontanaBB -

Nice updated avatar. I don't recognize the type. I thought it was a Delta Dart, but the F-106's wings were lower on the fuselage . . . .

• NukeRaider33 -

cf-105 arrow. You wouldn't recognize it because it is Canadian. It has a tragic story you google.

• MontanaBB -

Ah, yes, that was the homegrown fighter that got canceled in favor of an arguably lesser American design. The British and Canadian aerospace industry went through a lot of that in the 1960s and 1970s, as they had neither the research capital nor the production volume to keep up with the Americans.

• NukeRaider33 -

They had the research capital, and 4.9 fighters were already made. It is just that the cost was too much for a newly elected conservative government(Liberals held power up until that time) that thought that the age of aircraft was coming to an end and the age of rockets was dawning. as a result, the new government bought F-101 Voodoos and Bomarc rockets.

• NukeRaider33 -

also, Canada tried to sell the arrow to the UK and almost got a deal. then the new government came in and scrapped the project

• injinji -

i recognize the cf-105, i study planes

• PAD_Minotaur -

Okay, you can join the game now. You may invade Ireland as historical holdings, but nothing more. Also, make sure to always be checking your Tech Tree, and don't break the rules please. Now mobilize!

• PAD_Minotaur -

Thanks man! I added to the RPG's conversation, and we'll be starting as soon as the land swaps are finished and Russia and France join. Did you read you nation's tech tree?

• NukeRaider33 -

hey, i'm Canadian, don't insult our dairy farmers

• PAD_Minotaur -

Would you like to join a World War 1 Roleplay Game?