Search Results

Search results 1-18 of 18.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have not played a game for close to a year and I receive an email reminder from Call of War at least once a week, maybe because I spent a decent amount on various game sessions in the past. Anyhow I have some suggestions and observations to make. - Time & Gold - Trade & Logistics - World Map Real Countries Time& Gold Number one is time and gold, having played a number of games I have noted the two types of players that tend to win the larger map games are either those that have all the time in…

• BREXIT!

Evengodsfall - - Off Topic

Quote from oceanhawk: “Quote from Evengodsfall: “I have read many posts on here predicting doom, gloom and the end of the UK due to Brexit. The facts are the British people knew that voting to leave the EU would have an immediate negative impact on the UK economy yet still chose to leave, why? Because the British people value freedom and democracy over a few extra pounds in their pockets. The British stood alone against Nazi Germany for a long period during WW2 and suffered immensely do you guys…

• BREXIT!

Its a constitutional monarchy, i.e. they have no power, I always find it funny how people make sound bites based on what they see on TV read online, travel see places then pass comment.

• BREXIT!

Pablo you have no facts and come with some sound bites? the UK is the 5th largest economy in the world, UK pays more into the EU than it takes out, Spain is more likely to collapse than the UK, the Spanish economy is a mess!! The EU has a massive debt bubble and is controlled by Germany, glad you enjoy your country be controlled by people you did not elect.

• BREXIT!

I live in UK, if you check latest economic data, the FTSE and pound are back to pre BREXIT levels, and the racism thing is overblown, you need to stop reading headlines, 17.5 million people voted to leave the EU, there are not 17.5 million racists in the UK, the UK is one of the most tolerant and multi cultural countries in Europe when compared to the rest, look at how many members of Parliament come from ethnic minorities compared to other EU countries, look at the England team etc, UK is not a…

• BREXIT!

I studied economics and own my own business, so am pretty qualified on this matter, the UK pays more into the EU than it receives in rebates, so how are large parts of the UK economy funded by the EU? If anything France, Germany, UK and to a lesser extent Italy fund the poorer member states, these are facts not hearsay.

• BREXIT!

If that's all you can come back with to my post which is backed up by facts and figures, I rest my case, lets wait and see, the EU will be finished in its current state within five years max, all we have to do is wait and see.....

• BREXIT!

I have read many posts on here predicting doom, gloom and the end of the UK due to Brexit. The facts are the British people knew that voting to leave the EU would have an immediate negative impact on the UK economy yet still chose to leave, why? Because the British people value freedom and democracy over a few extra pounds in their pockets. The British stood alone against Nazi Germany for a long period during WW2 and suffered immensely do you guys really think the fallout from Brexit will break …

• Who would win?

There is a difference between an insurgency and conventional war, the US very good at conventional, not very good at counter insurgency. Hence why I say they would win a conventional war, to defeat an insurgency you will likely have to break the Geneva conventions e.g. Sri Lanka and defeat of Tamil Tigers , Western democracies do not have that luxury.

• Who would win?

With all due respect most people making posts on this subject do not have a clue, the UK and US would win a conventional war at a canter. Firstly in order to fight a war you need money, the US dollar is the world reserve currency meaning most international transactions are denominated in USD, meaning all the US needs to do when it wants to purchase essential war material from the international markets is to print some more dollars, the US also spends more than the next seven largest powers combi…

• Having played this game for a number of months I have the following suggestions which would improve the game in terms of making it more realistic. 1. Oil, your population should have a daily oil consumption unless this is what upgrades is meant to be? if not then something should be added, think of all the cars, civilian planes, ships etc that consume oil based products. 2. A world map with real countries and less players, I have seen people say but real countries would be unbalanced, well the f…

• Modern Warfare

Evengodsfall - - Suggestions / Criticism

When I say patrol I mean yomp, as per Falklands where troops marched on foot from one objective to the other, they marched from landings to Stanley on foot. I did not mention 4 types of subs, I mentioned one additional type that can fire nuke missiles . The Falklands war was a reaction war? all wars are a reaction to something. To say the Falklands war was not a real war is a bit of a joke, the longest supply line in the history of warfare, the first ever ship kill by a nuke sub and over 1000 pe…

• Modern Warfare

lol we are going round in circles there are already two different types of subs!!! its not hard work to do some animation so that a nuke rocket flies out of one. Also you said no modern army marches on foot do you think the Falklands war was only fought by the paras and marines? you had the Guards, Gurkha's and many other units, in-fact most light infantry units still mainly patrol on foot, they may be inserted and extracted by helicopter, my point is that it would be viable to make a modern war…

• Modern Warfare

There are already two kinds of subs in the game nuke and and non nuke subs?? so why would they not put two types of carriers? If you read my post carefully you will note I suggested radar as a unit type, airborne e.g. AWACS, land based or even on planes and ships so that's what electronic warfare planes would be used for. You use the British army as an example and let me tell you that they have more than one type of vehicle, scimiter is used for recon, as is Jackal, warrior is used for APC but c…

• Modern Warfare

I think you are incorrect in saying there would be few units to play with in modern warfare if anything there would be more units. Ground forces: you would have main battle tanks, light tanks, recce armoured vehicles, humvee/ jeep type troops carrier, APC, mech artillery, fixed artillary, multiple rocket launchers, AA guns, fixed and mobile, SAM's, special forces, basic infantry, long range rockets the list is far larger but don't have the time to list all Air Force, Ground attack e.g. A10, mult…

• Radar

I would be good if you were able to bulid radar stations, I think it would add something to the game. It would also be good if you could destroy your own bulidings, for example if you are being invaded and have lots of land, you could use a scorched earth policy for defense

• Nuke Attack

Evengodsfall - - Bug Reports and Issues

Thanks

• Nuke Attack

Evengodsfall - - Bug Reports and Issues

I carried out a Nuke strike, however my game kicked me out about 2 mins before bomber was due to drop bomb, and I couldnt log back on until after the strike, the news section says nothing about the strike or my bomber being shot down, but I do see a crater, what happened? I was just about to nuke 22 enemy units.