Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 23.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Movement Bug

Jabberwocki - - Bug Reports and Issues

A friend of mine just got the same movement bug in a 1.5 game he joined today (moving an artillery unit to Llubljana and it got to the province centre and then decided to take a detour to the Yugo-Austrian border and back as per attached)

• For the last couple of months I have been labouring with a real horrible problem with Firefox and Call of War 1.0 I am using old style graphics because I find the "enhanced mode" lacks clarity so: Often when I select a large group of planes, Firefox will just freeze - wait 5 minutes and nothing When I can select a large group (in this case 35 Ints and 34 Tacs) which I want to split into SBDE groups of 5+5 I can split off maybe one or 2 sets and assign their patrol point then Firefox freezes. I r…

• Movement Bug

Jabberwocki - - Bug Reports and Issues

I am sure this has been reported before but is there any word on when this will be fixed. You can set a unit to march and it takes a "detour" and take longer to arrive than planned. Should be easy to fix I would have thought! In the image, the unit was ordered to take the "red arrow", What eventuated was the "blue arrows" with an unwanted diversion to the Taldy-Kurgan/Oskemen border. This happens all the time and is a tedious bug to keep having to fix manually

• Thanks freezy I thought it might have been a fix - just have to be a lot more careful about diplomatic reputation! It is possible that you might consider reducing the effects of this at least in the short term as it may put new players off the game?

• Where I have had lots of AI declaring is game 3387740 (my reputation is only 3% which is low but I have had lower than this in other recent games without this wholesale AI effect - possibly the game system has been "fixed" and this is "normal" behaviour but it does seem that there has been a change in the last day or so). Also game 3366621 where my reputation is 13% Archived game 333521 where my reputation is 11% and I have no trade embargoes at all. Also archived game 3310153 where reputation i…

• Something seems to have changed radically in the latest release of v1.0 of Call of War. AI nations in most games seem to be declaring Trade Embargo and declaring War with much greater frequency than before. Makes the game somewhat tedious to play TBH

• This shows the embarkation and disembarkation times and shows the unit is in the province (ie on land), etc

• A minor issue. When landing at Akureyi in Iceland, to get to the province center you have to embark and disembark again. I think there is a bit of sea that crosses the land route.

• Thanks guys - some small update has been done to stats but nowhere near up to date yet It looks like things are now updating normally but for 24 hours or so, any achievements have been lost. So I have to redo some production to achieve gold targets

• It seems to me that there has been no update to stats and achievements since the latest version went live I am not sure how often these get updated but it has seemed in (at least the recent) past that this happens reasonably often

• I have seen this and decided it is a display issue - set a force to capture a province, come back a few hours later, the province is reported as being captured but stay the same as the old enemy colour - killing the browser tab and restarting teh game seems to fix it

• Paratroopers are like Schrodinger's cat - only when you open the box can you tell if they are planes or infantry and until then they exist as both (or neither)

• I guess my point is that it could be structured so that game balance is not broken (by judicious attention to how much it costs to convert units (in terms of time and resources) and where they can be converted) and would add an interesting element to the game

• The whole point about converting is that you can take some units you made early in the game when that was all you could build and convert them to something more useful in later game stages. So the resource cost might be greater but the food cost for maintaining older units of less use would be reduced plus the conversion time to create a new "useful" unit would be shorter. So there is some upside

• But you would only be allowed to convert the unit at a province with the buildings required to make a new unit of the same type as the one you are converting to. So there would be all sorts of safeguards to avoid such abuse.

• It would certainly have to be well thought out and make sure that this path is always more expensive in total resources than building a unit from scratch. The advantage of such an upgrade path is reduced training time (as your original unit troops will have had the minimal training to become a combat unit in the first place and the reduction in total unit load in terms of food consumption, etc)

• I would agree that disbanding units would be a cool idea Even cooler would be the ability to upgrade units to a different type - take an Infantry division and change it to a Medium tank (recover some personnel and input some Steel and Oil, cook for some hours and hey presto, newly minted unit appears). Could be a whole set of unit upgrade paths to entertain us. AT -> TD, AA -> SPAA, Arty -> SP Arty, etc etc

• Got a few para's now and going to invade Crete from Derna. Throwing in 3xPara lvl-2 against 1xInf lvl-2 to see what happens. I have yet to use them in a serious offensive situation but I think having a reserve of a few para units will be quite handy in main games as a very mobile reserve to throw into a surprise defensive battle or if an opportunity opens up in range of the main front line (jumping on an ill-defended enemy airbase with refueling planes would be great fun). I would like to see pa…

• My main issue with the WebGL graphics is not the borders or clouds (both of which I quite like) but the fact that in 100 player games once I get to 500 or so units, some units are not shown on the map at all and I have to guess where they are so I have switched back to the old graphics for now

• Thanks mate - of course I had an old conversation with him so I could continue that chat and have resolved the issue. The problem for other players of course is that they could go to war with him and be unable to return to peace if they did not have an existing conversation. It would be nice for all active players to stay in Diplomacy even if they have no provinces left