Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 40.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What has been mentioned other than a "pay to play without gold" feature? That is nothing new and has its own thread.

• Yeah, well it appears the developer really doesnt care about suggestions. They know gold usage leads to a horrible experience for everyone in the game other than the gold abuser. But they dont care because it pays the bills. To me, this is incredibly short sighted. A few intelligent tweaks could lead to a better game experience for everyone, and still have money coming in the door. TL;DR They dont care about 99% of their member base. I will retract the above statement if someone who actually wor…

• Massive Armies

noblepeasant - - General Discussions

its just about being efficient. Keep things building from your ICs at all times, and fight with overwhelming force to minimize casualties.

• Quote from james13t: “With out Gold there would be no game at all! how do you think this game is funded? do you think servers and staff cost nothing? ” Did you read my entire post? Specifically, the 3 summary paragraphs after the 3 suggestions. There you have it. Enact these changes, and gold use would still be common, but it wouldnt be game breaking. Gold usage wouldnt have the "negative stigma" that it currently has, where everyone instantly hates anyone who uses gold because it ruins the game…

• Only 3 people can retire. Or one person has to reach 60%. Cant win with an alliance of 5.

• Just laugh at anyone who tries to form a massive alliance. You have to grow to survive on this map. Make a small group of friends, and kill everyone else.

• It takes 3 days for someone to go inactive. I dont know anyone who would join a game that is a few days old, let alone that is well underway. So kicking someone who is inactive has no meaningful impact.

• This could go a long way towards improving the food issues on the 100 player map if true. I conquered Alberta, BC, NWUSA, Illinois, Kentucky, Kansas, Ontario, Quebec, SUSA, as well as parts of colorado and texas... that is 9-10,000 food per day from damaged barracks charging me a food tax. Remove the food tax, and the considerable investment i made in food infrastructure and ICs would let me break even on food production.

• The duties of the game administrator include the following: Creating the game. That is all. It doesnt really matter who made the map.

• I would propose the following: #1 Create a cooldown for gold use per province. If you spend gold in Detroit to rush a building, you cannot rush another building or unit for an hour. Some can rush 10 units if they have 10 ICs, but not 10 units from 1 IC. #2 Spending gold to rush research will not move the meter past 75% complete. The combination of this, and #1 prevents mass tacs on day 2, and ridiculous tech imbalance on day 8. #3 Remove all functionality for gold use on the espionage tab. Every…

• I've provided the math. I was in canada. The food situation was awful. But i got big a lot faster than many of you did. it takes nearly a week to fully max out food production on shitty non-core provinces at great expense to that you can try to get close to breaking even. That is absurd. As to moral issues... it is based on travel time. Infrastructure helps. Airbases are better.

• My army (100 planes, 100 ground units on day 20) consumed about 10k food per day. My civilians (600 VP) consumed 34k. I produced 35k per day. I had ICs upgradning on core food provinces with infastructure maxed, ICs building on all double food provinces (infastructure maxed) and infastructure at various levels of upgrade on each food province in north america.

• I was pretty proud. If that guy hadnt been golding like he was, i think it was likely inevitable that I would have won (assuming they do something to fix the food problems). My army size was pretty insane considering how young the game was.

• Quote from aDudeWhoDoesThings: “Kal, you don't understand, I'm fighting the golder as i type this, he has hit the destroy structure 15 times per province ” He understands. Its just that the developer has their head in the sand (at best) and wont do anything to change it.

• Quote from Bystander: “Right and so if in addition to the additional food provinces , all provinces (if recovered from war) produced a small net positive amount per my previous post as well , then this would be mitigated somewhat? ” The problem is that, even after the provinces have recovered from war, and you have build infastructure on them.. t hey are still losing food.

• Let's do some math. At 600 VP, my citizens consumed 34000 food per day. My Core produced about 10,000 food per day. My other provinces produced aprox. 25k food per day. My citizens consume 56.67 food per VP per day. 3300 VP = 187,00 food per day consumed by citizens. My core produced, at full potential, around 10k food per day. My 550 conquered VP produced approx 25k per day. That means each conquered VP equates to 45.5 food per day in production. Each conquered VP = a net loss of 11 food per da…

• Quote from xswazse12: “I am sorry for you man, that sucks. Is it possible that the gold abuser is the reason for your food shortages being crippling? You mentioned having a comfortable lead in military strength. Might normal conditions have allowed for a better expansion? ” No, the gold abuser had nothing to do with the food. My food situation started going towards the negative after I conquered 3 countries in 3 days. At that point in time i was sitting at about 220 VP. At that point in time i s…

• Quote from _Pontus_: “Quote from noblepeasant: “I quit at 600 VP because of an abusive gold user. ” With 600VP in the pocket and so many more provinces and thus a well developped economy, you should be able to beat any goldspammer on your own Now at 140 provs and have 3rd largest army on 100map....and not a trace of moral issues nor food problems yet, while 90% of my grain provs are not even developed beyond lvl1 roads (and not even all of them) On another (22player) map I have 248 provinces fro…

• Again. Why should 99 people have to "deal with" or "play around" 1 abusive person. The functionality that gold use provides needs to be seriously reconsidered. and with 100 people on a map, the odds of finding one gold spender on the map is pretty good.

• Kalantigos I appreciate the response. I realize that it is expensive to do what this person is doing. That doesnt change the fact that he is doing this. (And it gets a hell of a lot LESS expensive when you factor in the 2x gold sales.) I was in first place by a wide margin. In one week (days 14 - 20) he went from basically inactive to 14% of the worlds military might. And if that wasnt enough, he was deleting airbases each and every time I tried to counter attack or deny a landing. The question …