Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 33.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Balancing tanks.

Weids - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from ScreamingFang: “Can we talk about the images of tanks? For instance how the photo for the M22 Locust shows a M5 Stuart. ” Up

• In 1.0, I use militia as cannon fodder. In 1.5, some complain that militia are not viable, others complain that they are too powerful. Nothing good comes out of stealth-scout update, just as I expect.

• Quote from freezy: “As for the new version being flawed: That is a quite subjective view. From all the objective data that we gathered in the months since its release we see quite clearly that the new version works better than the old version. ” Misconception. The new version works NOT primarily because units have diverse stats. But primarily because 1) Research no longer auto-upgrade all existing units. 2) Unit production no longer requires high level buildings; all units are quick to produce a…

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Quote from Weids: “Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Quote from Weids: “We need attacking units to force players out of their trenches. ” This should be achieved by encouraging STRATEGIC manoeuvre to achieve local superiorities, NOT by discarding the age-old principle that TACTICAL defense is superior to offense. ” SBDE of 10 units top. What superiority are you talking about? We are not talking about airforce remember? ” The games where all the enemy border provinces are guar…

• Motorized infantry

Quote from freezy: “This was widely discussed during the first and second CoW1.5 Event. - Having infantry stats with a bit higher top speed is not enough differentiation to warrant this being a separate unit, usage of the unit would severely drop. ” We can level up the slower infantry while keeping the other primitive for quick production. Plus, units that are used less frequently does not imply that they are less important.

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Quote from Weids: “We need attacking units to force players out of their trenches. ” This should be achieved by encouraging STRATEGIC manoeuvre to achieve local superiorities, NOT by discarding the age-old principle that TACTICAL defense is superior to offense. ” SBDE of 10 units top. What superiority are you talking about? We are not talking about airforce remember?

• Assault Guns?

Quote from Edepedable: “Quote from Weids: “Quote from Edepedable: “Quote from Weids: “Motorized infantry will do. ” Well yeah but they have a different armour class. ” So what? It's the same. ” If its different it is not the same ” Well, good point Guess I am not categorically opposed to adding more unit types.

• I agree with Freezy. We need attacking units to force players out of their trenches. Otherwise, we would have a "Call of Mortars" 1.5. As for the game design, I believe our design team has forgotten the values of keeping things simple and giving the players fewer things to worry about. After all, the game is not supposed to be played for hours on end. I worry that the devs are giving up those design philosophies that made the original game successful. Not too late to turn back.

• Assault Guns?

Quote from Edepedable: “Quote from Weids: “Motorized infantry will do. ” Well yeah but they have a different armour class. ” So what? It's the same.

• Motorized infantry

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “ ” I agree with Rokossovski. However, I think we might create a unit with the same stat as Infantry, but only moves faster. Adjust its cost. To add variety, less is often more. Quote from Danieliyoverde123: “Now I understand the idea of the correct use of their role in ww2. But since nobody use motorized in 1.0 from a gameplay perspective I think it's the best decision after all. ” Daniel, people don't use motorized in 1.0 because 1) They require level 2 barracks, and …

• Assault Guns?

Motorized infantry will do.

• Quote from Thin White Duke: “front reports are units lost in battle. rebellions are political and not necessarily at the "Front" ” Units production also shows in Front reports.

• Quote from Danieliyoverde123: “touching the point of time, since most of us are getting back to normal life we cant dedicate the same amount of time to games in general, faster battles and production require a lot of attention we can not afford. ” Agreed. Huge flaw in 1.5 design. Buildings, units, everything. Too much to worry about.

• I check the Newspapers every time I suspect there is a rebellion. Why shouldn't rebellions be in the Front Reports? Give me a legitimate reason.

• Rebellions again !!!

I don't have an issue with rebellion, as long as I know for sure what to do about them. Either you lose you province or your garrison joins the enemy, plain stupidity. If they really care about balance, they should reduce production of non-core provinces.

• Rebellions again !!!

Should I defend a newly captured city with only 1 unit available? Either you risk very high chances of rebellion, or you risk losing your unit. Never a pleasant decision.

• Quote from Edepedable: “1. I like to blast my way through my opponents while suffering minimal damage and inflicting maximum damage. 2. Using blitzkrieg tactics is a great way to win battles but it should never be the plan for your entire army. ” 1. I like Artillery too. 2. Well, you are missing the point. The most important objective of Blitzkrieg attacks is NOT to eliminate your opponent's armies but to quickly destroy their will to fight. The cleanup should be carried out by artilleries. Blit…

• Quote from Habo778: “Perhaps we can get a special building that allows rural unit production while keeping the current city production? ” I don't feel that's necessary. I do think the max level of buildings should be reduced. It is such a pain to level a building up to level 5. And really costly.

• Quote from Edepedable: “The way I do it is focus on defence primarily over assault when starting a map. This means that I can focus on building more defensive troops like anti-tank and anti-air which are cheaper than attacking troops like tanks and planes. ” You play too passively. I dislike. I blitzkrieg and shock my neighbours in to oblivion. They quit, I get a head start. Win-win. I make defensive troops at the same time. Mostly applies to 1.0. Not sure about 1.5. Quote from Edepedable: “Goin…

• Quote from z00mz00m: “One correction: I have to admit, doctrines are cool. They add dimensions of fun and variety and challenge and strategy without hurting the heart of the game. I would take doctrines and bigger cities on top of 1.0 and it would make me totally happy. That's a reasonable 1.5 type of update. The changes that have been piled into 1.5 change the game too much, and mostly in a bad way, making it difficult to enjoy the few improvements that are actually interesting and fun. ” I thi…