Search Results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have noticed this behavior in my current game. I have air units on patrol over a Level 5 air base. A bunch of strat bombers come in and attack the air base. After the attack the air base is a level 4 ( but still operable). Yet ALL my air units based at that air base, immediately say “relocating” and they fly to the next closest air base for refueling. Meanwhile my clever foe has a second set of strat bombers incoming to the other air base and easily obliterates the air units that are refueling…

• Thanks BMFox for this excellent post, I learned alot. I do have a couple of questions/comments tho: 1.) Roughly how many hours per day were you active during the campaign? 2.) 'Shoot and Scoot' seems like a game bug to me. In real life, you would think a unit fired upon when at least get one chance to fire back. Only counter to this is high-command fire-control and/or being active 24/7? 3.) 'Reveal all armies' seems way too strong. As I understand it, there is no realistic way to counter this un…

• Embark from ports only

svic64 - - Suggestions / Criticism

I would to like to suggest that the game be changed to ONLY allow land units to embark from ports rather than literally from anywhere on the map. Disembarkation could still be allowed to anywhere (presumably there is a beach somewhere there). I think this is more realistic because in real life, a unit would need port facilities to load military units onto cargo ships. Also, this would make building those local ports much more useful. It would have the added advantage of being able to scout out a…

• Point taken on the use with carriers. But on a smaller map (which I mostly play), it's mostly land battles. Rocket fighter level 1 (Axis) is 29 attack/7 defend. Level 5 interceptor is 20 attack/10 defend. Building air bases to offset range is relatively cheap. Given the high cost of getting to Level 5, I am not sure it is worth it. I would think for a land scenario, rocket fighters would be much more cost effective, that's where I think the realism factor is off. Germany had to spend ALOT of tim…

• I would like to propose that 1.5 rocket fighters are unrealistic. When you compare the costs of research and construction of a Level 1 rocket fighter versus a Level 5 interceptor, I just can't seem to justify building ANY advanced fighters. Just wait until Day 6 (for Axis) and build rocket fighters and you will save lots of resources. GIven that in WW2 rocket fighters had an extremely minor impact and then extremely late this seems unrealistic to me. Either rocket fighters should not be availabl…

• Gold usage suggestion

svic64 - - Suggestions / Criticism

Hi, I have a suggestion on gold that I think would be good. Would it be possible to post something in the newspaper about when gold is used? Not who used it, but maybe just how much? Reasons I think this would be good are that if you are not a gold user you don't have to waste time on a game where gold is being spent big. I think this might be good for the game maker, too because it could INCREASE gold usage as others in the same game know gold is being used and might likewise also spend gold.