Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 30.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• In this game, during the early game, the defender has a huge advantage. Nearly all of the units you can start with or make early on are defensive. There is really no excuse for an open border next to a human player. in elite games its dangerous to even have open borders next to AI because AI will attack if you don't defend. Gold makes an ok impact early game but is pretty much useless later. you don't get much gold from winning games. So many players quit because the game is too complicated for …

• This was not "scheduled" maintenance. In order to qualify as "scheduled" maintenance there would have to be a "schedule". If there was a schedule and they didn't bother to inform the moderators, what does that say about them? (insert your own insult) If there was a schedule and they didn't bother to stop what units were doing (freeze the server)what does that say about them? I lost no units that I know of because of the outage. I don't think I did last outage or the outage before either. But the…

• no, still down. and I'm sorry but I don't believe this was planned maintenance. If it were why wouldn't they have warned us? And if it was planned maintenance they would probably have a good idea of how long it would be down before they started. And if they were making changes to the game why wouldn't they do it on a copy of the program and then once they're satisfied just copy the new version over. Even if they were concerned about performance, traffic could be simulated with bots.

• as of about 3 minutes ago. ERROR could not activate game 1,300,921 on server.Your game is currently unavailable or does not exist anymore. Please try again later. same with my other game.

• Unbalanced game

Vigor555 - - Suggestions / Criticism

thanks

• Unbalanced game

I'm pretty sure I know what their problem is. It isn't the LT, its the way they want to play. I'm guessing they want to sit and not be bothered and focus solely on their economy. They don't want to be troubled by early aggression. LT is the early aggression. It really isn't that powerful early. It fights just a little bit better than the AC early. I would not like to be bothered early as well. So I will make sure I'm not. I do think Tank Destroyer is quite a bit better than the AT. But then it c…

• Player Statistics

Vigor555 - - Bug Reports and Issues

yes, I mean win a map. They could give the top 3 players "wins" and then show another stat on first,2nd, and 3rd. Winning a map completely, shows something "captured provinces" don't. It shows that you can be successful at every stage of the game. From beginning to end, strategy evolves. A player could get an awful lot of captured provinces by simply being good (or at least really aggressive) early game and faltering later. I suspect this happens to a lot of players. I know after I went on a ram…

• Unbalanced game

I wasn't saying that at all. What I was saying is they are useful, I just prefer to deal with light tanks in other ways because I would rather work in different directions. I'm very frugal. I won't research much of anything until I see or at least try to forsee the need for it. You can't research everything even with non-stop research in progress. So I focus on the units that make my gameplan work, then only change the plan when the need arises. I.e., if I'm getting mobbed by LT, I'll go ahead a…

• Unbalanced game

AT is a relatively weak unit because it has disadvantages. I think that is because real life AT's would have had disadvantages as well. If you are using them in stacks of AT I think you are using them wrong. Due to low hit points (realistic) they need to be with other troop types for protection or their firepower won't last long. They need to hide amongst other troops. They can deal an awful lot of damage. They deal enough damage that if they are properly situated as part of a larger group of un…

• Server Downtime

and one more thing. because the server will probably go down again in the future at some point. If the server goes down, turn off all rebellions of low morale provinces. If a player is not ready for day change when it occurs because of a server malfunction, rebellions could cause big problems too. It would be fair to everyone and no one would be harmed. Nobody needs to get upset.

• Server Downtime

and another thing, since, at some point, the server probably will go down in the future. Once it has gone down, and units stop doing things (because that really needs fixed), you should announce that the game will be back online in 1 hour after you get it fixed. This way no one needs to sit around waiting. Timing is often important in this game. Anyone who needs to be back on as soon as it goes up, (for strategic reasons) should have a decent chance at doing so. And they shouldn't need to wait a…

• Server Downtime

First of all, I like the game and want what is best for players and developers. Developers: However, the thing that upsets me far more than the outage, or lost units is the way Moderators and Developers have handled this issue. Before I explain that I will address some insults to americans. I think what we have here is a culture clash. What Europeans see as us being harsh or angry is actually us being honest and direct. Honesty and directness gets things done. It is a cultural difference for sur…

• Player Statistics

Quote from wildL: “Ehhh Wins/losses do count in statistics. I'm not sure what you mean - could you elaborate ? ” Wins and losses should count in statistics but this game doesn't keep track of wins/losses or any other statistics that make much of a difference. Interestingly it does keep track of lost territories vs conquered ones but that statistic can be deceptive because of game mechanics. For instance, I have 50ish lost territories. Nearly all of those were from fighting one decent player wher…

• Server Downtime

Unfortunately one of the reasons I play games like this is to keep me from thinking about my ex. Strangely enough, she sneaks around and tries to figure out how to fix her messes by herself without telling me anything. Then afterwards she plays it off as if nothing happened. She can't(or won't) even give me an explanation. That is what I want. I want to know why. And even more strangely enough, the developers are reminding me of her by not even saying what the problem is. Developers, we need to …

• Server Downtime

could we get an explanation at least what the problem is?

• Server Downtime

any chance its getting back up tonight?

• again

this is a long break. It shouldn't take this long for an update. I'm wondering if they even realize the game is down. Even if they had a downloadable client it shouldn't take this long to download it.

• Player Statistics

So when I checked my player statistics today I was dismayed it didn't have my win recorded. So I asked a moderator why and he said they don't keep statistics on wins/losses. Don't keep statistics on wins and losses? My major in College was Systems Analysis. It is basically a degree in problem solving. We learn about computers, statistics, math, forecasting, simulation etc. One of the things my professors told us was, "If you want performance to improve, keep score." Do we not want performance to…

• again

I've submitted about 8 bug reports in the last few days. Hopefully they'll all be fixed after this delay.

• Unbalanced game

I also said tac are best used to pick off stragglers. In a big stack I think they will nerf themselves with a crowding bonus. (or penalty) If a LT is travelling by itself its tac food. If they're all clustered up go around them.