Search Results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Harry Turtledove

Doctor_Cavendish - - Roleplaying Threads

The closet thing that he has written about to the English Civil War was a scenario wherein the Spanish Armada was victorious in the Anglo-Spanish War of 1585-1604 which then led to a Spanish conquest of England. William Shakespeare tries to write a play that inspires the people of England to revolt against the Spanish. I have the book but have not yet read it so my details do not get much more precise than that. A scenario with a very minor change that has a great effect could be the Southern Vi…

• Harry Turtledove

I also learned about the American Civil War through the Guns of The South. In Scotland, where I live, the period is not part of the school curriculum; books such as those of Harry Turtledove have given me quite a good knowledge of the time period. I agree with what you said on how fluid history can be; I really like your example of D-Day; if the Nazis had know when and where the invasion was to take place they could have prepared for it, leading to a massacred of all the soldiers on the beach. T…

• A cap on how much gold that can be used per day sounds like a good idea to me. *Edit: Indeed; Bytro Labs probably makes a lot of money by people spending money on gold. That is why gold is so expensive to buy; so that they can make more capital.

• Is the 'guy' that you are referring to me? I do not recall having ever typed such a message.

• It is truly tragic. It is a ridiculous waste of money; just think of all the Harry Turtledove books that you could get with that money.

• I agree with what you just posted, you can do well if you are good at the game; it is just that it is very easy for people who want to waste their money on an extortionately priced product that they can use to get an unfair advantage.

• I already realise that, it was just for short joke; I made that clear to all that were reading the chat at that time.

• Evil Tanya Von Degurechaff'; based on your previous quote you seem to posses a dislike for the use of gold in this game. This is a sentiment that I also possess. I support your apparent ideas of how to be 'stronk'. As Karl Marx said "Accumulation of wealth at one pole is, therefore, at the same time accumulation of misery, agony of toil slavery, ignorance, brutality, mental degradation, at the opposite pole".

• Harry Turtledove

Is anybody here, apart from myself, familiar with the books of Harry Turtledove? He is an author that is well known for his alternative history books. Two of his rare scenarios are the CSA being given AK-47s by time travelling white supremacists and an alien invasion of Earth occurring during WW2.

• I have been permanently banned from all chat rooms because I questioned the chat policies of this game. To get around this I have decided to frequent the Call of War Forum so that I can still converse with my fellow players. I have been playing this game for several months now; some of my most memorable global chat moments are when I got banned from the chat for speaking français in the global chat and the run ins I have had with players who seem to have appalling hygiene standards and culinary …