Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 53.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Basically, yeah, it would be cool, but Bytro will never go for it, since they're all about encouraging and normalizing gold use.

• Removed

Zazmio - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “I don't... no one needed this. Like I said, get some serious work done and do rivers or a supply system, or something that's actually useful in a normal game. ” I agree that supply would be awesome, but I can't see Bytro ever doing it, as it's too intellectual. Unless they figure out a way to do it that doesn't turn off casual players and encourages gold use.

• A 1v1 between Germany and Soviets, both with good players, would be interesting to see. I have never seen it happen. I can't tell what would happen. Soviets have a better economy, but Germany will take lots of capitals in Europe, and starts with a superior army. Most of Soviet's cities are in the west close to Europe -- lose those and he's screwed. But Germany will more likely be in a worse situation diplomatically than Soviets

• Tips for Beginners

Zazmio - - Questions and Answers

Your coastal cities can't run away from battleships.

• Tips for Beginners

If you're pretty sure you aren't getting ganked early, build as many as you can afford. Goods are the highest priority. Rares usually tank in price later on

• Tips for Beginners

You want to scout out your opponents, determine who is the greatest threat, and build whatever will counter what they're doing. Or ally them.

• Quote from Last Warrior: “Russia - 6 ” lol

• My most impressive win

Zazmio - - General Discussions

In HWW, any competent player is going to dominate playing one of the superpowers -- Germany, Soviets, or America. It's pretty much automatic, excepting rare situations where a second competent player gets another superpower and counters you.

• Quote from Carking the 6th: “Not the best example, though. Big difference between not using one unit and using all of them. Would have been smarter to say that you win without them, so they are useless (which would be wrong since they can be good). My point was mainly that you don’t need them, even if you can use them to greater effect. In fact I’m planning to make use of them in a future game.. ” I disagree. It was the most best example in the history of the internetz. I WING THE INTERNETZ If I…

• Quote from Nostroma: “Quote from Zazmio: “I won 5 games in a row in the 22 player map using only light tanks, so clearly every other unit in the game sucks ass. ” I would agree. nothing but light tanks is doable....against AI's... Try that against an active player who knows what he's doing and you better be wearing your Depends. ” You know I was just being a smartass? Razzing Carking for saying that he wins games without carriers.

• I won 5 games in a row in the 22 player map using only light tanks, so clearly every other unit in the game sucks ass.

• What...

They're making the game about spamming units out of thin air. Who cares about developing your economy now? Strategy, what is that? It's all about getting the players used to magical unit spam, so we watch more ads and buy more gold.

• Yep, that's why you see generals with around 0.25 k:d, 300 games joined, 1 win.

• They are only useful for surprise attacks across the Channel. Or possibly Manchukuo could surprise attack Japan using them, which I've never seen happen. They have the potential for surprise because they move fast through the air, compared to a naval invasion which takes way longer. Of course, then they are vulnerable for 6 hours after landing, but you could quickly take undefended cities. But, in most situations, I'm not a big fan, since their range is too short and the 6 hours is too long.

• Yep. I try to take only one capital a day, and I try to time the taking of a capital to be at the end of the day after I've taken lots of territory. It might be possible to keep going like this until the end of the game, keeping your provinces high enough in morale that they never revolt.

• Aircraft carriers

Quote from NickXXXNick: “Quote from Carking the 6th: “If you put 6 mil sabotage spies in an empty rural province you’ll almost always get reveal all ” Please explain this to me like I’m 5 years old. ” You can sabotage even if there is nothing there to sabotage. Each mil sabotage has a chance to reveal armies. 5 year old version: spy baddies can steal your map!!! Like Cobra did to GI Joe!!!

• It's my least favorite of the popular maps, but you can still have fun with right players. Probably the easiest are the coastal countries with fewer neighbors. Or, as someone said, island Cuba. The smaller states in the middle of NA, like Wyoming, are the most difficult, since you can get blitzed from any direction at any time. Canadian provinces like Alberta have a similar problem but at least the vast distances your attacker has to travel give you more warning. Edit: is Wyoming a player countr…

• Aircraft carriers

Or milsab everything when it's the end game and you don't care about money. Back to carriers, it's basically like this: are planes good? If you say no, are we playing the same game? Lol. If you say yes, then sometimes they're the best option for getting vital planes where you need then. Try invading me across an ocean without using carriers. It likely will not go well for you. Either you are not using planes which will be a severe disadvantage for you, or you are trying to take Alaska or interme…

• Aircraft carriers

Anyone who thinks carriers suck has never experienced the joy of bombing the crap out of, and then seizing, San Francisco from the US as Japan when they thought they were safe there.

• Player inactivity

You've just described 80% of the games of cow I've played. Except for the part about flame tanks, which are new.