Search Results

Search results 1-19 of 19.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• For key cities like capitals or a rival threat neighbor I will go in with an infantry stack. Generally artillery is the answer though. The process doesn’t take that long if you have enough artillery and shoot and scoot closer between shoots. Hills and mountains make it 50-70% faster as well. For sleeping and or work, you can conquer with offensive fire artillery as well against inactives. A melee stack might run into a stack of enemy’s and that is costly I also try to save a majority of my Comin…

• Fundamentally, given the likely course of events early in the game for most Call of War maps in reality, attacking inactive players with ranged units while they are offline, ideally with offensive fire moving through their cities, is the best way to increase production long term. Unless you find a lot of active players around you, the best Return On Investment is to generally identify the inactive or barely active player and take their land while they don't react. I enjoy games more when most ev…

• It can be very situational, but I enjoy Pan-Asian the most. Any other doctrine feels slow. My favorite unit, Heavy Tanks doesn't go well with Pan-Asian doctrine though. There are many maps where Pan-Asian isn't a choice however. If there is an extended peace period Allies are definitely good, as they research better and upgrade better than other doctrines. Good for less active players as well, and they have the best air force. On smaller land maps, or perhaps Antarctica map, I like Axis for Rail…

• I really like Heavy Tanks to be honest. Late game on most maps, manpower is often the limiting resource for unit production. Heavy Tanks provide the most combat power and especially HP for their manpower cost, it's not even close. The only weakness they have are air (attack planes esp) and anti-tank/tank destroyer. Even then, because of their very large HP, they can still "steamroll" over enemy stacks. Build time is an issue, but with all the resources, you should be able to get high level tank …

• Pausable Researches

Thundaxe - - Suggestions / Criticism

This would be very helpful. However it's something that is very unlikely to ever happen because it would mean less gold spent on finishing research just so you can start on something else and don't want to lose your progress. They aren't going to throw money in the trash like that.

• If you have a resource which you definitely need a lot of for your strategy, spending 950 gold to raise the province morale, first thing the minute you join the map before doing anything, has a huge impact. For at least the first two days, and probably more if you're not capturing many capitals early, the morale there will be much higher than it would have otherwise been. Resource generation, money income, build times, and manpower generation are all improved. Day 1: Assuming you build Industry …

• In late game when the game is already decided but not yet formally won, many players think someone is playing with lots of gold because their economy and production capacity is so far ahead of everyone else it feels impossible to compete, because the game is essentially over and everyone is just waiting for the winner to get the VP goal. To the original point of the thread, Ever since free gold from ads became a thing I've put a good deal of thought into how to most effectively spend gold. Altho…

• Sometimes you run into a player who spends quite a bit of gold and you can tell directly. Many other times you run into a player with a much larger economy and producing far more units than you and you blame gold because their activity level and unit production is just so much higher. Having a per round spending limit basically says spend it all in the first hour of play because that is when gold matters the most. Would you also restrict free gold from being spent? For a game that runs 20 days a…

• Gas tanks: For early game Pan-Asian offensives, I'm going to teach you about the secret turbo mode feature on Pan-Asian armored cars. The goal of attacking the enemy is to destroy their capacity and especially their will to fight back. There is nothing more deflating than waking up and seeing half your country captured. Any cities you sneak into overnight and they recapture will have most of their building gone. Morale is devastated, resources stolen. Ideally they quit resisting. Armored cars ar…

• "If troops lay siege to a walled city, their strength will be exhausted." "Therefore, the best warfare strategy is to attack the enemy's plans, next is to attack alliances, next is to attack the army, and the worst is to attack a walled city. -Sun Tzu What "enemy's plans" to watch out for: Eventually one of your targets will wake up and see half his country gone and be upset and send troops to attack you. Or you run into a fully active player who just wants to attack you. Or a coalition of mildl…

• Thundax's Pan-Asian Rapid Conquest Guide! Days 2-3 You wake up and check the map. Waking up on Day 2 (or later day on speed maps) and check what happened while you slept is always a roll of the dice to some degree. Starting so close together something is bound to go down. It's likely that some unit or another died in the night like a low budget horror movie and that happens. You did your best and went with the attack and set some waypoints before you went to bed, a certain amount of the outcome …

• The naval part of the game is fun and I wish it weren't so expensive. I often build carriers dreaming of battle fleets with lots of planes but I always get caught up in the land war and never find time to get the 5-6 carriers I build into action. I do like the cruiser idea, and whenever I play Comintern I go for Navy somewhat early, cruisers are pretty strong and don't cost that much for them. Quit with all these interesting replies! Too many interesting points to talk about instead of finishing…

• Quote from 6thDragon: “Quote from jubjub bird: “More generally, I think there are good recommendations there, but putting "use 30k-50k gold on day 1" into a guide like this is pretty hilarious. Of course that's going to make things go a bit easier ” Yeah, how do you expect other players to take you seriously when you essentially say your strategy is to outspend your opponent? ” I spent a whole 4 minutes on ads for 2750 gold the other day, and the day after too. Those suckers not spending more th…

• I put my some thoughts on Starting position separately here, that top post got really long after an edit. Start: Where to start? I personally like inland starting nations. I don't have to worry about a coast line and I can successfully avoid spending resources on the Naval Tech Tab for days! Coastal nations are fine too but you have to keep an eye out for disembarking enemies, especially on a revenge mission because you plundered their core cities the day before. I want lots of borders with smal…

• Quote from Lord Crayfish: “Though I think this isn't true for battleships, as their 10% hitpoint buff and their increased damage are sufficient to destroy other battleships of all other doctrines.I've heard that the three pillars of the pan-Asian army are light tanks, gun artillery, and regular (or motorised) infantry. What do you think? You appear not to have suffered many light tank casualties, so maybe have built few? What are your thoughts on Pan-Asian light tanks and their buffs? I always u…

• Quote from jubjub bird: “More generally, I think there are good recommendations there, but putting "use 30k-50k gold on day 1" into a guide like this is pretty hilarious. Of course that's going to make things go a bit easier ” In all the games I've played, I might have used more than 30k gold on an entire game just one time, and that was after free gold from ads became a thing. I just wanted to make the point that gold use on day 1 hour 1 is exponentially more effective than even a few days into…

• "In the first six to twelve months of a war with the United States and Great Britain I will run wild and win victory upon victory. But then, if the war continues after that, I have no expectation of success." - Admiral Yamamoto The Pan-Asian Doctrine is the most unique doctrine in my opinion, and it requires a unique style to play well. It has been my favorite since my first World at War map. Axis Power, Comintern Quantity, and Allied high Tech all beat you in a straight up fight, but Pan-Asian …

• - Player count: 100 - 4x speed - starts when full - random country selection - players flagged as inactive after 2 real life days - 1 real life day of AI & human player peace period - fixed runtime of 14 real life days after the game started (if not won earlier) It seems like the peace period and starting when full aren't actually true for this event? Not sure what happened but the rounds open now are not accurate on both counts

• The map settings for the Call of War Event this weekend, "Speed Round" seem like they aren't actually as advertised. The peace period and starting when full both aren't actually true. I joined a second game to see if one was just bugged, but it is also not as advertised. Was there some special map that already got full and now the event is over? I planned for the details as it said in the blurb, but now it is different and that is very disappointing. Archiving those maps because The Event detail…