A Request For An Additional Newspaper Metric

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A Request For An Additional Newspaper Metric

I wish they would record more than just the number of troops lost. Maybe number of resources those troops cost, would be a better estimation of how a war is progressing in the newspapers. I hate people thinking that my 30,000 lost men, is the same as the 30,000 men lost by my opponent.

I mean, a player loses 2 infantry regiments, he's lost 3,000 men, and his opponent lost 5 light tank regiments, he's also lost 3,000 men.

But obviously those losses are not equal, are they?

A player loses 1 artillery regiment, he's lost a 1,000 men, while the other player lost 2 aircraft carriers and he's also lost 1,000 men.

Would anyone want to lose 2 aircraft carriers for 1 artillery regiment?

Yeah, I didn't think so.
    • I like that they are just indications, not absolutely reliable as winner-loser report.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • What a cold and heartless group of people you all must be. How can you gloss over those lost lives this way? No life is worth comparing against resources lost. Nay, I say no resources can ever add up to the cost of a single human life lost.

I don't care if it costs me all the resources in my empire, I will not throw away human lives just as fodder. Each life that is lost in my wars is like a wound in my side. I grieve with their families and I weep for their orphaned children.

Yeah, resources matter, but the real costs of war can only be summed up by blood, sweat, and tears. For each one of my soldiers who give their life in the call of duty to my empire, a heartfelt memorial is established in their name in each fallen soldier's hometown. Scholarships are set up in their name for their children and their widows and widowers are given a full pension as if their fallen spouse had never died.

What more could I possibly do for those that have given up so much for my country?

It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Good suggestion, but does not belong in the news.
      Years ago it was pointed out on S1914 that the CINC did not receive meaningful after action reports, as he would in the real world.
      Motion denied, as was the request for an Order of Battle menu, perhaps on the grounds that only real war fighters needed such info, and this game is 90% buildings and buying spies.
    • Note to self...when playing against WayneBo, place lots of defensive spies on key provinces.

I gotta say, I'm a builder...like, I've been told that I treat strategy games like this as if I'm playing SimCity. Yet, for all I build, especially focusing on my economy, I never forget that this is a true strategy wargame and requires a whole lot more than 10% of actual fighting. If you are doing any less than 50% fighting, you've probably failed to embrace the true fun of this game.

...and you probably lose a whole lot of matches, too.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Diabolical wrote:

What more could I possibly do for those that have given up so much for my country?
      Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori . . . even in a virtual world.

Nos pro patria, non curant. Quid de terra matrem?

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Lol, I'll be a chat mod for once...

"English only please!"
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

Ego sum homo vespertilionem. Mater mea Romae. Nos omnes filli Romae.
      OK, now you are just talking nonsense. You are a bat? Your mother is Rome? Lol, I get the latter analogy, but the former...well, that's just batty.

*snickering to myself

R.I.P. Snickers <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Diabolical ().